Week 11 GDT

Breesus mode

1 minute ago, mcmurtry86 said:

Maybe if someone started watching football in the past 3-5 years.

The mid/late 2000's, for example had plenty of bad stop gap/journeymen QB's and most of those young QB's flopped or washed out quickly.

Here are the young QB's of 2007 (27 or under): E.Manning, D.Anderson, Romo, Cutler, Roethlisberger, V.Young, T.Jackson, Schaub, Boller, T.Edwards, K.Clemens. Today's younger QB's absolutely better than that (looking at where that group was in 2007, I'm not suggesting anyone currently playing will eclipse Romo/Roethlisberger's number

Go back another 10 years and here are the young (27 or under) QB's of 1997: Bledsoe, Banks, Stewart, McNair, Frerotte, K.Collins, Blake, Grbac, Plummer, Kanell.  A couple of major high draft pick flops, a few college stars who failed int he NFL and a couple of solid "franchise" QB's (McNair/Bledsoe) that never won anything as a starter.

Today's NFL is stacked with younger QB's and QB's with possible franchise potential compared to almost any other period of the NFL. There might be a few singular better years, but generally speaking, this is a QB rich league.

Going to park this, and have a look at current QBs later. Pretty confident I can create a putridity list just as long. But right now, I'm watching a good QB carve it up B|

Just now, game3525 said:

Who do you have starting that plays for NE?

Lewis in one league.  Gronk in another.  And I've got Amari in one league, so I'm kind of hoping that at some point Carr will just throw caution to the wind and start bombing it deep with reckless abandon.

Just now, Dodo said:

Since my team has already given up for the day .... what was the point of the Peterman experiment again? 

I mean, if Buffalo thought they were out of the playoff hunt, I get wanting to see what they had in Peterman.  Tyrod's due the kind of roster bonus on the 3rd day of the next league year that Buffalo isn't going to pay, so best to see an extended run of Peterman and know whether he's worth developing or whether they need to swing for the fences with their multiple 1st's with regard to next year's QB class.  However, traveling across the country to play a defense that's well-entrenched among the league's best pass-rushers is not the best of situations to throw a rookie into for his first career start.

6 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Going to park this, and have a look at current QBs later. Pretty confident I can create a putridity list just as long. But right now, I'm watching a good QB carve it up B|

It's not worth going into. If you think either the 2007 or 1997 groups are better than Wentz, Goff, Winston, Carr, Mariota, Brissett, Bortles, Prescott, Watson, Kizer, Garoppolo, Trubisky, I don't know what to tell you. Some of the current group (Kizer, Bortles) seem likely to wash out of the league quickly. But you have 2 or 3 guys who look like legitimate franchise QB's (Wentz, Goff, Carr) with a few others (Winston, Mariota, Watson, Prescott) who have flashed elite upside at times and a few wildcards (Garoppolo, Brissett, Trubisky) who may or may not be long term pieces. Plus you have a strong crop of "young/mid career veteran" types compared to most years (Ryan, Cousins, Wilson and maybe Newton and Luck depending on how you feel about them). It's pretty crazy to claim the NFL has a QB shortage compared to the way the league usually looks.

Just now, Starless said:

Todd Downing needs to be fired ASAP. Way too much talent on this offense for them to be this mediocre.

You know its true when non-Raiders fans say it. At the same time, the drops and penalties are not on him. We can't make tough catches or catch balls. Downing is terrible though. He doesn't know how to play to his players' strengths.

Archived