Week 11 GDT

Breesus mode

Just now, Hunter2_1 said:

Yeah, they are legitimate franchise QBs in 2017, and they are good. But if they're going to be the premier 3 QBs (along with Rodgers) how do you compare that to Manning, Brady, Brees, Favre etc? I am harsh though, and I don't consider Mariota or Winston even close as of yet, Carr I find slightly overrated (his numbers are punishing this season) same as Newton and Stafford. Then you have teams starting with the likes of Dalton, Osweiler (or Siemien...), Flacco, Kizer (or Kessler), McCown, Cutler (or Moore), Trubisky (or Glennon), Palmer (or Stanton), Beathard (or Hoyer), Gabbert, Bortles, Taylor (or....Peterman), Keenan (doing well, but starting for a playoff team). I just think the whole outlook is pretty bleak.

So things are bleak because there are no sure fire first ballot HOF QB's playing today? When did you start following football closely?

3 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Is Keenum a better QB than Derek Carr?

I received a lot of flac for making the argument against Carr and for Flacco this off season. While there was some trolling involved, its nice to see Carr not just going off and doing all the things Raiders fans said he would do. So far, he has exceed a unibrowed player as the most overpaid player in the league.

Edit: Also, Keenum is proving a lot of us wrong. He is doing a really good job.

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

Actually bricks are somewhat commonly used as a tool to help receivers catch.  Fred Graves was a big proponent of the technique.  Basic premise is that you become so fixated on actually catching the thing with your hands because you don't want to body catch a freaking brick that you can train hands-catching into muscle memory.

True. Jerry Rice talked about catching bricks in his 'Football Life' episode as well.

Just now, Danand said:

I received a lot of flac for making the argument against Carr and for Flacco this off season. While there was some trolling involved, its nice to see Carr not just going off and doing all the things Raiders fans said he would do. So far, he has exceed a unibrowed player as the most overpaid player in the league.

12 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I mean, if Buffalo thought they were out of the playoff hunt, I get wanting to see what they had in Peterman.  Tyrod's due the kind of roster bonus on the 3rd day of the next league year that Buffalo isn't going to pay, so best to see an extended run of Peterman and know whether he's worth developing or whether they need to swing for the fences with their multiple 1st's with regard to next year's QB class.  However, traveling across the country to play a defense that's well-entrenched among the league's best pass-rushers is not the best of situations to throw a rookie into for his first career start.

They traded for Benjamin at the deadline. That's not a move you make without playoff aspirations, which makes sitting Tyrod for Peterman all the more baffling. As a fan you can say "Play him, what if he's good?" but McDermott and the coaches  are the ones who evaluate practices and see these guys day in and day out. They had to have known Peterman was not ready for this and to throw him out there for this is malpractice. If they didn't expect or see hints of this, then they're idiots

Archived