Week 11 GDT

Breesus mode

10 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I disagree. I think there's so many poor QBs out there, more than I can remember in a specific year.

Maybe if someone started watching football in the past 3-5 years.

The mid/late 2000's, for example had plenty of bad stop gap/journeymen QB's and most of those young QB's flopped or washed out quickly.

Here are the young QB's of 2007 (27 or under): E.Manning, D.Anderson, Romo, Cutler, Roethlisberger, V.Young, T.Jackson, Schaub, Boller, T.Edwards, K.Clemens. Today's younger QB's absolutely better than that (looking at where that group was in 2007, I'm not suggesting anyone currently playing will eclipse Romo/Roethlisberger's number

Go back another 10 years and here are the young (27 or under) QB's of 1997: Bledsoe, Banks, Stewart, McNair, Frerotte, K.Collins, Blake, Grbac, Plummer, Kanell.  A couple of major high draft pick flops, a few college stars who failed int he NFL and a couple of solid "franchise" QB's (McNair/Bledsoe) that never won anything as a starter.

Today's NFL is stacked with younger QB's and QB's with possible franchise potential compared to almost any other period of the NFL. There might be a few singular better years, but generally speaking, this is a QB rich league.

1 hour ago, iPwn said:

The Jaguars have the most blowouts in the first half of a season since the 2007 Patriots. A decade.

They were the first team ever to lead the league in sacks, interceptions and fumbles forced in the first half of the season.

They were the first team to ever have two 10 sack games in the first half of the season.

They were the third team in NFL history to have 10 sacks in a game twice in an entire season.

They were the first team to have 5 INTs and 10 sacks in the first half of the season.

They lead the league in rushing.

They lead the league in pass yardage defense.

They lead the league in passer rating against.

They lead the league in sacks.

They lead the league in interceptions.

They lead the league in total turnovers forced.

Since adding Dareus, they lead the league in rush defense.

They lead the league in rushing.

They have the 4th highest point differential in the league.

How is that not highly impressive?

Because they have looked good some weeks and completely awful other weeks. They aren't a consistent football team and their offense is not very good. They have been able to beat up on a lot of bad teams, and I acknowledge that they are a good football team, but they are going to get exposed by good teams who can actually stop the run because they can't pass the football. There stats look great, but the play on the field has been incredibly up and down.

They are one dimensional. Yes they have a good defense. Yes they have a very good young RB. Yes they are playing in an extremely weak AFC. They still have massive issues though, and it showed this week and in previous weeks. If they had a legit QB, they could make a real run this season, but Bortles is not going to win you games in the playoffs when he is forced to throw. 

Archived