Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

Just now, MaximusGluteus said:

I swear it seems like if the front 4 aren't getting home on every play Barry throws his hands in the air and says "welp, guess there's nothing I can do".

He calls down to Rebro and asks politely, "why aren't you doing my job for me?"

Just now, incognito_man said:

All I'm reading is "sounds better than Joe Barry" rn

I'm partial to Hewitt. Bring some of that Baltimore nasty with him and maybe some Baltimore connections. Would then lean into Cooper Dejean being the likely 1st rounder for us in a Kyle Hamilton role.

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I don't think he's got DC in his future tho. He was literally quoted saying they don't teach scheme, they just watch the receivers so I think he's just a damn good position coach. 

Also we could solve this problem by hiring him as CO-DC with Barry, so Barry could teach him everything he knows for one year before he leaves!

Win win

13 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

I swear it seems like if the front 4 aren't getting home on every play Barry throws his hands in the air and says "welp, guess there's nothing I can do".

That was really disappointing tonight.  Playing against what might be the worst OLine in football and we came away with no sacks.  That failure to get home had a massive impact in this game.  

29 minutes ago, Leader said:

I just say him because I've seen plenty of Dallas's secondary and they're an aggressive, violent bunch.
I like that and think our defense could use a whole bunch of it.

I have no doubt he’d be a great secondary coach for GB but you’re not gonna hire him away to coach your secondary. It would have to be DC. And I’m not sure I’d trust someone who’s only been a positional coach to be a DC just yet. 

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

I have no doubt he’d be a great secondary coach for GB but you’re not gonna hire him away to coach your secondary. It would have to be DC. And I’m not sure I’d trust someone who’s only been a positional coach to be a DC just yet. 

There's no other way to get an elite DC than exactly what you're saying though.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I dont know if he'd make a good DC either...but as I said previously, I like his schemes and the attitude his players bring. Our defense hasnt had "ferocity" since time began. Barry's schemes are the antithesis of that and I've had enough of him.

Hell....he couldnt even shut down some guy name DeVito tonight. What a complete embarrassment.