Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

8 hours ago, Mr Anonymous said:

I'd be worried that the assistant who takes over on the interim inevitably benefits from briefly more inspired play and then get serious consideration for the permanent job.

I'm standing by my call that this was always looked at as a throwaway developmental year, which why Barry was kept for 2023 in the first place. And nothing has changed with Leonhard other than the fact he stayed close by and didn't commit to anything he couldn't easily walk away from. If he's the guy as I suspect, it would be an offseason move.

IF MLF finally has the stones to can Barry (and this isn't a given) I hope he looks outside the organization for Joe's replacement.  A change in culture just might be the elixir this group needs to excel going forward.

• Like 1

Just now, Pugger said:

IF MLF finally has the stones to can Barry (and this isn't a given) I hope he looks outside the organization for Joe's replacement.  A change in culture just might be the elixir this group needs to excel going forward.

What choice does he have but to go outside the organization?  The lack of a viable replacement is why Barry is still in the building today.

Just now, Pugger said:

I pretty much want to see a clean sweep of that D room.  A couple will probably manage to be back, but a really sharp DC is going to want his guys.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pugger said:

There is a decent chance Barry will be here until the end of the season.  Just my gut feeling...

Agreed. While nothing would seem to be as good as having him on for the remainder of the season, my hope is their mind is made up and now they need to figure out who is on the candidate list. Considering MLF could be on a short leash himself next year if they lose out, that may have a serious impact on whether or not a qualified DC would even consider coming to GB.

Edited by ccecilnosebleed

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I can tell you our defense sucks, bigtime without any alphabet soup analytics. It was so bad yesterday I wanted to poke my eyes out so I couldn't watch anymore. 

I couldn't bring myself to turn it off or look the other way. It was a terrible car accident over and over in slow motion.

FIRE FRENCHY LAFLEUR because he doesn't have the balls to fire the assclown defensive un-coordinator. 

I agree but you post still made me LOL!  My hubby had to ask me what I found so funny just now.  lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, minnypackerfan said:

We're stuck with Barry for the rest of this year....then we'll see. I wonder what LeFleur's excuse will be this year if he does not fire him.  Consistency and continuity did not work out well for him this year. LaFleur needs to become more of a head coach and not an offensive coordinator.

I'll give Barry this: Our secondary yesterday was made of up a bunch of players that would not start for most NFL teams. I think that is why he played zone almost exclusively against a very good Buc's receiving core. We did not match up well with that individual talent. I don't know what to say about the inside linebackers however...especially Campbell. In this game, he looked like his career is finished. He's never been a tough guy, however in this game he looks as though he has lost all the explosion and speed he came into the league with.

Yes, our DBs are mostly guys who wouldn't start elsewhere but Tampa's QB isn't Mahomes.  Campbell might not be 100% but it is still nuts to put LBs on WRs.  Doing so isn't doing your LBs any favors.

1 hour ago, Scoremore said:

Barry's gone whether it's today or a few weeks from now.  Firing MLF would be a mistake.  Might be standing alone on this forum average fan well that's another story. 

If MLF doesn't have the stones to can Barry before the 2024 offseason HE should be fired.

22 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I legit couldn't figure out the first few times I read this if it was parody. 

It's like the movie, "Groundhog Day!" The difference in the Packer movie is that Bill Murray (Joe Barry) doesn't learn a damned thing from the last time he lived the same day! 

1 minute ago, Pugger said:

If MLF doesn't have the stones to can Barry before the 2024 offseason HE should be fired.

He doesn't have the stones and he won't be fired.

It will go down like Office Space.  You don't need to fire someone, you just need the glitch to be "worked out".  Barry won't have a contract after the year is up.  Issue resolved without the need to fire him.

• Like 3