Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

If Matt LaFleur felt a qualified replacement existed, he would be gone.

It's really so simple it pains me so many can't figure it out.

Wait, wait, I can do this one too! "At this point MLF's loyalty and dedication to a hugely underperforming DC and one who has lost his players is so obvious it pains me you can't figure that out."

Again... what is there to be lost by making the move? Barry obviously isn't getting it done and isn't going to get it done. For frigging sake, we just made a 3rd string Giants QB look all pro and allowed a bust of a first round pick QB on his 4th team set a record as the first QB with a perfect QB rating at Lambeau. 

I cannot not understand anyone's willingness to defend keeping Barry on at this point. You keep retreading the "but nobody else..." chant without providing any positive to keeping Barry. Just yuck.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

MLF thought Barry was qualified. You still trust his judgment on this? Still not convinced? What about his ST coaching hires? And his OC coaching hires? MLF's undoing will be his inability to recognize coaching talent. Perhaps MLF is best as an OC. If he can't get his coaching hires right, he may get that chance again.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BluePacker said:

Wait, wait, I can do this one too! "At this point MLF's loyalty and dedication to a hugely underperforming DC and one who has lost his players is so obvious it pains me you can't figure that out."

Again... what is there to be lost by making the move? Barry obviously isn't getting it done and isn't going to get it done. For frigging sake, we just made a 3rd string Giants QB look all pro and allowed a bust of a first round pick QB on his 4th team set a record as the first QB with a perfect QB rating at Lambeau. 

I cannot not understand anyone's willingness to defend keeping Barry on at this point. You keep retreading the "but nobody else..." chant without providing any positive to keeping Barry. Just yuck.

There is a case to be made for waiting (to sack Joe Barry) until the end of the year, when several head coaches are getting fired, usually along with their coordinators and position coaches. This allows a much larger pool to choose a new coordinator from, compared to what is available with three weeks of the season left. If you sack Barry now, who would want to step in, for just the last three weeks.

9 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

There is a case to be made for waiting (to sack Joe Barry) until the end of the year, when several head coaches are getting fired, usually along with their coordinators and position coaches. This allows a much larger pool to choose a new coordinator from, compared to what is available with three weeks of the season left. If you sack Barry now, who would want to step in, for just the last three weeks.

I 100% understand and can agree with waiting to HIRE a new DC until the off season when you have a large pool. But you most certainly can and should FIRE Barry now. There is absolutely no positive to him remaining in position. Firing Barry now and hiring a DC in the off season are not mutually exclusive. "Interm" DC doesn't mean that person has to be next season's DC.

The is an argument that you shouldn't wait too long to hire though or you might loose your preferred candidate to another team with a faster process. 

Edited by BluePacker

28 minutes ago, BluePacker said:

It's not a "chant" it's the reason he's here lol, it's so easy to understand, I'm struggling with the lack of simple brain function here.

The Packers have one DC on their staff, they need to wait until they have no more games on the schedule to move on from that DC and hire a new one. If they had another DC candidate on the staff, they would try him out at this point. The lack of that move means.....they don't.

8 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It's not a "chant" it's the reason he's here lol, it's so easy to understand, I'm struggling with the lack of simple brain function here.

The Packers have one DC on their staff, they need to wait until they have no more games on the schedule to move on from that DC and hire a new one. If they had another DC candidate on the staff, they would try him out at this point. The lack of that move means.....they don't.

So by your logic there should never be a team that fires any coach mid-season because there isn't an exact same position coach already on the team?

You haven't answered my question at all, you just keeping pushing the "but nobody else" chant. What exactly does keeping Barry do for this team?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

So, Joe Barry and Matt LaFleur both suck at developing their assistant coaches. Another black mark on their records. 

Just for the record, no DC would be no change from what Barry is giving us at this point. 

Also, if your assistant coaches are this unqualified, piss poor job of selecting assistants. I don't believe this excuse for one second. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

This idea that GB is running with top talent on defense really needs to stop.

Then so does the goofy take that it was difficult to stock the talent pool from drafting late in any given round because of regular season and playoff seeding while Rodgers was in control of this team.

Can't have it both ways. This regime invested a massive amount of capital on a specific side of the football and it failed, while cycling through coaches and coordinators.

Management is out of ****ing excuses to this point, they got a free decade and change buffer while having out of this world QB play, and all they had to do was not field a BS defense. 

They Failed. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

THE pAckers have one DC on their staff, they need to wait until they have no more games on the schedule to move on from that DC and hire a new one. 

Who is it?   If we have one on staff why hasn't he been coaching for the last few years?

I'd rather let GB Preble high school's defensive coordinator come in than let Barry continue on.  When a coach completely loses the team you have to move on.   MLF is being an idiot allowing this to continue and fester.

41 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Yah guess that's the reality of the situation.  We all just wanted our pound of flesh and rightfully so.  Still don't think it's healthy to have a dead man walking in the lockerroom.  

16 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

So, Joe Barry and Matt LaFleur both suck at developing their assistant coaches. Another black mark on their records. 

Just for the record, no DC would be no change from what Barry is giving us at this point. 

Also, if your assistant coaches are this unqualified, piss poor job of selecting assistants. I don't believe this excuse for one second. 

Of course you don't, you're no longer thinking clearly on the subject.

Position coaches in the NFL probably make 200-400k a year, with probably 1/8 the responsibility of a HC and 1/4 the responsibility of a coordinator. A lot of them are guys in their 40/50/60s. It's not inconceivable that a position coach is living out their life's dream, they don't want to be a HC or a coordinator and are making a hell of a living coaching a position. It's not a black mark on anyone's record that they are doing what they want to do.

You're so full of just angry man assumptions lately that it's hard to take you seriously. None of us have a freaking clue if we have some of the best position coaches or worst, we're not in the meeting rooms, practice fields, weight room, etc...