Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

3 hours ago, HeresAGuy said:

The most hilarious fallacy on this messageboard is somehow that we actually draft good defensive players.  At what point do you stop thinking that.  What does it take?

I truly believe there is talent on the defensive side of the ball.  Problem being we have a dumb arse coordinator who doesn't have a clue  how to get the maximum output from his players, doesn't know which of the players are better at a skill and is as aggressive as a slug in the garden.  Players often times take on the personality of their coach .. Barry's soft zone, non aggressive 4 man pass rush has no place with the Packers.

• Like 2

Dude should be gone.  19 seconds and no timeouts and that assclown almost gives up a FG.  As bad as they were like ALL GAME LONG that is what bothered me the most.  Complete ineptitude.  Sending Barry a nice box of dogcrap.  I'll drive it down and deliver it Christmas day.  Maybe I'll just light it on fire and ring his doorbell.  This team could have really done some damage this year.  That dude has serious rocks in his head.  He's already going to lose his job why not let it all just hang out.  Nothing to lose at this point.  But no same old dogcrap...

• Like 1

Is it worrisome the Packers gave up 30 points to a two-win team?

Jaire Alexander: “Yeah, it is, honestly. But we just gotta play the call that’s called.

That is about as close to condemnation as you can get. MLF should get blame for this crony hire that EVERYONE knew was poor to begin with. 

Edited by Spartacus
  • Like 3

Seems like the players have given up on Joe Barry's scheme and Joe Barry has given up even trying to scheme.  Defense looks like a pre-season defense.

Edit:  In pre-season you at least try to do something to evaluate a player.

Edited by Boondoggle

4 hours ago, HeresAGuy said:

The most hilarious fallacy on this messageboard is somehow that we actually draft good defensive players.  At what point do you stop thinking that.  What does it take?

So I've said it too.  I do think Gute and Thompson both spent a ton of Capital on this defense that has by n large failed and we don't have to exhaust the list to know that.

I think there is something to the idea that our scouts are too stupid and only look at RAS factors and don't know how to find smart players.  I do believe we got some good athletic talent on defense, but very bad brains and players who just don't have the smarts to be great like LeRoy Butler.

But Joe Barry has greatly exacerbated this problem by using the biggest tire fire zone defense schemes I've ever seen.  On top of that, his defense has not only gotten worse and worse over this season, it's been dragging down and down year over year, and today they can't blame the offense which gave them double digit leads to work with.  It's maddening that LaFleur hired him to begin with because he had literally had zero success on any team he had coached with prior to coming here, and to bring him in was just 10000 levels of stupid on our part.

Next game is a win-win because if we do beat Minny, we're taking home the playoffs.  If we lose, we're out and Barry is gone no ifs ands or buts.

24 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

So I've said it too.  I do think Gute and Thompson both spent a ton of Capital on this defense that has by n large failed and we don't have to exhaust the list to know that.

I think there is something to the idea that our scouts are too stupid and only look at RAS factors and don't know how to find smart players.  I do believe we got some good athletic talent on defense, but very bad brains and players who just don't have the smarts to be great like LeRoy Butler.

But Joe Barry has greatly exacerbated this problem by using the biggest tire fire zone defense schemes I've ever seen.  On top of that, his defense has not only gotten worse and worse over this season, it's been dragging down and down year over year, and today they can't blame the offense which gave them double digit leads to work with.  It's maddening that LaFleur hired him to begin with because he had literally had zero success on any team he had coached with prior to coming here, and to bring him in was just 10000 levels of stupid on our part.

Next game is a win-win because if we do beat Minny, we're taking home the playoffs.  If we lose, we're out and Barry is gone no ifs ands or buts.

I think you are on to something here.  We should be putting more of a premium on two things that we just dont have right now; guys that have smarts over athleticism for one.  Athleticism is cool, but how many times have we seen guys like Stokes and Savage just completely bone it up with epic mental errors?  Additionally, nasty.  Nasty nasty nasty.  We dont draft nasty.  I want guys who are filled with hate on this roster, not good wholesome clean family people.  That is a proven recipe for making awesome defenses.  The Legion of Boom was that equation.........smart, and nasty.  Had good athleticism too, but they were smart, and nasty.  We are not smart, or nasty.

2 minutes ago, HeresAGuy said:

I think you are on to something here.  We should be putting more of a premium on two things that we just dont have right now; guys that have smarts over athleticism for one.  Athleticism is cool, but how many times have we seen guys like Stokes and Savage just completely bone it up with epic mental errors?  Additionally, nasty.  Nasty nasty nasty.  We dont draft nasty.  I want guys who are filled with hate on this roster, not good wholesome clean family people.  That is a proven recipe for making awesome defenses.  The Legion of Boom was that equation.........smart, and nasty.  Had good athleticism too, but they were smart, and nasty.  We are not smart, or nasty.

Clark, Wyatt, TJ Slaton all good.  Walker and McDuffie kinda nasty.  Alexander and Valentine has some nastiness as well.  Dunno if I totally buy that.  Defense has plenty of talent is Barry.  Barry.  Barry.  He's a suckwad.  Rocks in his head.  Let's stay on point here.  I love bashing Barry could do it all night long.  Steaming pile of dogcrap and that's a compliment. 

• Like 1

Joe Barry isn't going to be fired.  

His contract will expire and won't be renewed.  People looking for some big press conference or Black Monday ceremony are going to be disappointed.   MLF will show him out the back door, no hoopla, and days later announce the DC job is open.  Fans will be in a lather during the days/weeks of coaching evaluations following the last game. Let it play out, it will.

Edited by NFLGURU
  • Like 1

I swear I didn't write this article, but I could have. Been saying it all along. Barry is costing this team a shot at the playoffs. It's all on MLF for allowing that to happen. This reflects very poorly on him and undermines confidence in him to make tough decisions. I

Matt LaFleur is putting his own job at risk (msn.com)

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I swear I didn't write this article, but I could have. Been saying it all along. Barry is costing this team a shot at the playoffs. It's all on MLF for allowing that to happen. This reflects very poorly on him and undermines confidence in him to make tough decisions. I

Matt LaFleur is putting his own job at risk (msn.com)

He'll make the decision in the offseason.  Barry is gone.  NFL Guru has it exactly right.  With how the offense and Love have progressed I'd say MLF's seat isn't even warm yet.  Yet.  Remember this is supposed to be a rebuilding year.  But to your point Barry will probably cost us a postseason run.