Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

14 hours ago, oldmansmell said:

When do you start playing more man coverage?

Barry: "The second we start playing the best running QB on our schedule?"

That or continuing to play nickel constantly int he second half while getting gashed. Last 10 minutes he played nickel over and over until the last 1 minute and then put out a 6 man line only to give up the decisive first down on a run. 

6 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

Why does this garbage can still have a job in GB?

I was like 8 rum and cokes deep last night by 2nd half all because of him and his inept coaching. What a ****in idiot

Our next interview should be…

”If every Packer fan in the country took a shot for every TD, a sip every missed tackle, and a gulp for every wide open WR, drank a beer for every ten yard run, how many DUIs would you be responsible for?”

57 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I like him a lot as well.  I think the aggressiveness gets a lot more buy in from the players.  I can't stand the passive, bend but don't break stuff any longer.

There's a time for that kind of passive defense.  Though....those times are limited in my book.

I like Bowles because he is a professional.  And he really, really knows defense.  He would command that room easily and immediately.

My only hesitation is his personality.  He's very, very calm.  I tend to like the more fiery defensive guys.

49 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

That or continuing to play nickel constantly int he second half while getting gashed. Last 10 minutes he played nickel over and over until the last 1 minute and then put out a 6 man line only to give up the decisive first down on a run. 

How is a defense supposed to not be in a nickel when they have 3 WR's on the field and a TE?

This Philly offense is going to be a pain in the neck to everyone who plays it.

Their o-line is out-fricking standing.

They have 2 explosive WR's and another one who is quite good too.  And tight ends.

With a decent RB and a very mobile QB who can also throw.

If you go heavy in the DL and light in the secondary, they are going to throw.  When we did it with a single safety, they hit a deep TD pretty quick.

If you go light on the DL, you take away some of the pass stuff, but now you open the defense up to the run game.

It's kind of a "pick your poison" kind of deal.  And they are at an advantage just because Hurts is very, very mobile while having a very nice arm.

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

There's a time for that kind of passive defense.  Though....those times are limited in my book.

I like Bowles because he is a professional.  And he really, really knows defense.  He would command that room easily and immediately.

My only hesitation is his personality.  He's very, very calm.  I tend to like the more fiery defensive guys.

I’m not a rah rah guy myself.

I am adamant about my DC being on the sidelines, having direct conversations with his defense, but if your players need that fiery presence they’re not the players you want.

Speak with your play. Remember the, “It is time…” speech? It was calm, but direct.

10 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I’m not a rah rah guy myself.

I am adamant about my DC being on the sidelines, having direct conversations with his defense, but if your players need that fiery presence they’re not the players you want.

Speak with your play. Remember the, “It is time…” speech? It was calm, but direct.

Wasn't Kevin Greene kind of the anti-calm guy?

I view Bowles like this.  Speak softly and carry a very, very large stick.

I think he is very calm on the sidelines and I'll bet he is a great teacher on the practice field.

I'll also bet he has never been super pissed off at any player.  Instead I'll bet he tells them how disappointed he is in their effort or play.

Edited by vegas492

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Why are we talking about Bowles?

Todd Bowles head coach of the Buccaneers Todd Bowles?

Because I'm hoping they are foolish enough to let him out of the building and we are smart enough to move him into our DC position.  After we've been smart enough to move Joe Barry out of our building.

So really, I'm hoping for us to be smart twice, while hoping the Buccaneers are stupid once.

And that is asking for a lot.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Our next interview should be…

”If every Packer fan in the country took a shot for every TD, a sip every missed tackle, and a gulp for every wide open WR, drank a beer for every ten yard run, how many DUIs would you be responsible for?”

I blame my participation in this challenge for forgetting the 4th and 1 stop

Edited by HokieHigh