Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

Just now, CWood21 said:

Trust me, I'm not in any disagreement that Barry needs to go.  We all know what Barry's gameplan is.  I'm going to sit back with a soft box and wait for a QB to make a mistake.  But when QBs don't make mistakes and opposing teams can run the ball effectively, the opposing team is going to win.

Too many NFL QB will do just fine if they are playing with a strong running game compliment and the ability to do play action, boot leg and misdirection that builds off the run game.  Staying in 2nd and short/medium and 3rd and short is easy living for an NFL QB

Apparently, Barry is committed to a 2-4-5 defense. Teams are going to run the ball against that all day and all night. The few times he goes to a 3-4 they get some stops. The 2-4 leaves the ILBs pretty exposed too. I just don't get what Barry is thinking. 

MLF is a mystery. Jones should be touching the ball 25 times a game. He's all we have at rb, really. Then with the O-line hurting, and a fierce Lion pass rush coming in, he goes with a deep route offensive game plan. He was out coached in another big game, and that's becoming a disturbing pattern.

• Like 1

We'll see if LaFleur has any balls .. sounded like he was pretty disgusted with the inability to stop the run.  Basically said they need to commit to stopping it an make teams beat you over the top.  Said you can't keep doing the same thing over and over and expect different results.  Now they did hold Monty to about a 3.8 yard average tonight, but they picked up about evert big first down and blew us out in the redzone.

• Like 2

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

We'll see if LaFleur has any balls .. sounded like he was pretty disgusted with the inability to stop the run.  Basically said they need to commit to stopping it an make teams beat you over the top.  Said you can't keep doing the same thing over and over and expect different results.  Now they did hold Monty to about a 3.8 yard average tonight, but they picked up about evert big first down and blew us out in the redzone.

3.8 yards is not great, but 3.8 x 3 gets you the needed 10 yards and a first down

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Too many NFL QB will do just fine if they are playing with a strong running game compliment and the ability to do play action, boot leg and misdirection that builds off the run game.  Staying in 2nd and short/medium and 3rd and short is easy living for an NFL QB

Precisely.  And I've got to give a TON of praise to Ben Johnson for consistently putting Jared Goff in those advantageous situations.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Precisely.  And I've got to give a TON of praise to Ben Johnson for consistently putting Jared Goff in those advantageous situations.

GB had 2 drives in the early 2nd half that worked to get stops.   was that what GB did or what DET didn't do?   

seemed like Detroit got rolling pretty easily after the 2nd TD and that was it

If we do fire Barry and our next DC hire is some mediocre retread DC again, we're 100% not serious about our coordinators and only look to save money there. There's no reason we shouldn't push for someone with high upside that could land a HC gig. It's sackless to hire guys that you think can stick around for a long time at a coordinator position. You should WANT guys that will ascend into HC roles.

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

GB had 2 drives in the early 2nd half that worked to get stops.   was that what GB did or what DET didn't do?   

seemed like Detroit got rolling pretty easily after the 2nd TD and that was it

IIRC, I think Detroit got a little full of themselves early on.  They got away from what they were doing well.