Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

33 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

MLF will be on the hot seat this offseason depending how this year ends. He needs to knock the DC hire out of the park. With our young players, cap space and draft capital, a top DC should be able to turn this unit into a top 5 defense.

You are right.  A top DC should.

But we won't get a top DC.  We never have.  Why would this off-season be any different?  I mean, I hope we do too, but we just have never really prioritized that hire.

10 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

You are right.  A top DC should.

But we won't get a top DC.  We never have.  Why would this off-season be any different?  I mean, I hope we do too, but we just have never really prioritized that hire.

I think Lafleur is finally fed up with the soft bend don't break style defense 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Uffdaswede said:

I wanted LeFleuer to be great. I thought he would be. I thought AR12 was holding Matt back.

I thought GameStop was going to keep going up.

I've been nervous about LaFleur for a few years.  I wanted the Packers to move on from Rodgers last year so we could get to figuring out whether Love could play and LaFleur could coach.  Based on this year the jury is definitely out on both.  Lotta ballgame left though.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The game and today's player have passed BB by a long time ago. He'll never be a DC anyway, he'll retire if NE moves on.

Not sure I could go that far.  Yeah he's a terrible GM and has always been strange in how he values players, but the Pats had a top 5 defense two years ago and even last year were 7th in yards, 11th in points.  His career certainly is nearing its conclusion, but I think saying the game passed him by long ago is a big unfair.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

Not sure I could go that far.  Yeah he's a terrible GM and has always been strange in how he values players, but the Pats had a top 5 defense two years ago and even last year were 7th in yards, 11th in points.  His career certainly is nearing its conclusion, but I think saying the game passed him by long ago is a big unfair.

I'd agree. NE has struggled the last few years for the same reason the Packers are struggling this year. It's dang hard to move on from a HOF QB, and it's dang hard to accumulate talent when you draft in the 20s every year.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

He also only knows football. Wouldn't shock me one bit to see him go consultant route. Take 75% of responsibilities off his plate. 

(In a location he wants to semi-retired)

Edited by incognito_man

2 hours ago, MrBobGray said:

Certainly wasn't saying Bill doesn't understand ball, just don't think he's a guy today's player wants to play for. Nor is he a guy that has any sort of longevity. Not a candidate for our DC spot.

• Like 1