Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

8 hours ago, squire12 said:

Miami trade 1sts for Hill and Chubb.  Playoff wins = 0

Chicago trade 2nd for Claypool.  Misses playoffs.

Minnesota trades 2nd and 3rd for Hockenson.   Playoff wins = 0

Baltimore trades 2nd for Roquan Smith.  Playoff wins = 1

SF trades 2nd and 3rd for CMC.  Playoff wins =2

LV trades 1srand 2nd for Adams. Misses playoffs 

Trading for talent isn't a surefire path to a title

I look at different .. Tua has become a legit NFL Qb since Hill was added.  Hurts the same since AJ Brown was added.  We need a legit #1 alpha receiver .. it's clear as day.

23 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I look at different .. Tua has become a legit NFL Qb since Hill was added.  Hurts the same since AJ Brown was added.  We need a legit #1 alpha receiver .. it's clear as day.

What legit #1 WR was available this offseason?  And with what Monopoly money did you want to give to them?

On 10/29/2023 at 5:17 PM, {Family Ghost} said:

I wouldn't think this topic would even be slightly controversial, yet, there's a group on this forum that basically goes out of their way to promote an agenda that any QB should be just fine with any group of rag tags at WR (which is basically what we currently have). It's the weirdest argument I've ever encountered in about 10+ years on this site. 

I thought this position officially died last year when we saw the massive drop off in offensive play after Adams left. Even the "great" Aaron Rodgers was handicapped without 17. The offense started to fall apart last season and now you have an even more inexperienced QB at the helm and we expect him to be at upper tier QB with this group? It's baffling. 

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

I wouldn't think this topic would even be slightly controversial, yet, there's a group on this forum that basically goes out of their way to promote an agenda that any QB should be just fine with any group of rag tags at WR (which is basically what we currently have). It's the weirdest argument I've ever encountered in about 10+ years on this site. 

I thought this position officially died last year when we saw the massive drop off in offensive play after Adams left. Even the "great" Aaron Rodgers was handicapped without 17. The offense started to fall apart last season and now you have an even more inexperienced QB at the helm and we expect him to be at upper tier QB with this group? It's baffling. 

Literally not what anyone has ever said. Ever.

And the fact you said that is proof your reading comprehension is crap.

I have never once in my life said a team doesn’t need a good #1 receiver.

The issue is how you get them. We have had Nelson, Jennings, Driver, Adams. Not a single first round pick among them. Each of those players with the exception of Jennings struggled for the first three years of their careers only to turn into that receiver.

This is clearly what we’ve done, and the expectation is Doubs/Reed are going to turn into that.

Maybe even Watson.

How Gute attains talent at the WR position is the one thing he’s gotten right. It’s just taking us a while to realize that potential.

If one or two of them miss, that’s when you look to make a move via trade or free agent acquisition, each of which I have promoted and been a fan of. I was a big proponent for making a trade for a receiver or tight end each of the last four trade deadlines other than this year.

So read with your eyes not your literal ***hole and quit putting false words in people’s mouths.

Edited by MacReady

1 hour ago, MacReady said:

Literally not what anyone has ever said. Ever.

And the fact you said that is proof your reading comprehension is crap.

I have never once in my life said a team doesn’t need a good #1 receiver.

The issue is how you get them. We have had Nelson, Jennings, Driver, Adams. Not a single first round pick among them. Each of those players with the exception of Jennings struggled for the first three years of their careers only to turn into that receiver.

This is clearly what we’ve done, and the expectation is Doubs/Reed are going to turn into that.

Maybe even Watson.

How Gute attains talent at the WR position is the one thing he’s gotten right. It’s just taking us a while to realize that potential.

If one or two of them miss, that’s when you look to make a move via trade or free agent acquisition, each of which I have promoted and been a fan of. I was a big proponent for making a trade for a receiver or tight end each of the last four trade deadlines other than this year.

So read with your eyes not your literal ***hole and quit putting false words in people’s mouths.

Whispers: "I actually wasn't thinking of you when I wrote this."

I have no problem with "how" you get the guy. If you hit in the draft, great and bravo. But when you don't you have take other measures too to fill that void. 

Just now, packfanfb said:

Whispers: "I actually wasn't thinking of you when I wrote this."

I have no problem with "how" you get the guy. If you hit in the draft, great and bravo. But when you don't you have take other measures too to fill that void. 

As the preeminent hater of the position in general, I implore you to name who thinks we don’t need a legitimate #1 receiver.

1 minute ago, MacReady said:

As the preeminent hater of the position in general, I implore you to name who thinks we don’t need a legitimate #1 receiver.

That's simple. Every single person on here who thinks we are currently fine with Doubs and Watson being 1 and 2 or vice versa. 

20 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

That's simple. Every single person on here who thinks we are currently fine with Doubs and Watson being 1 and 2 or vice versa. 

The plan is working. Doubs is going to be that guy next year or the year after. What’s wrong with letting your QB face adversity early?

I think the plan is perfect. We never expected to compete this year. So why get ahead of ourselves on making sure we have that receiver before we need them?

I do agree with your sentiment on addressing it through other means if we fail in 2-7 of the draft, but I think we’ve seen enough from the receivers to trust one or two or three will break out next year.

Reed is on pace to obliterate every single rookie receiver we’ve had in yards, catches and possibly even touchdowns. 13 away from Nelson, 25 and 300 away from Jennings, 27 and 300 away from Jones…

36 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Nobody is thrilled with it. I just don't think it was like going to change our season like you do every year, especially in this kind of year. I expected more from both of them by now though, no doubt. 

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

Nobody is thrilled with it. I just don't think it was like going to change our season like you do every year, especially in this kind of year. I expected more from both of them by now though, no doubt. 

I think we fans need to take advice from two people - who also happen to be big fans of each other...

Gute: "It's gonna look rough out there....but these guys need reps" (paraphrasing)
AR:  "RELAX"

• Like 1