Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Hey, we only gave up 20 points to the Chargers! Don't go into details on HOW we only gave up 20 to the Chargers tho! Just take that one fact and run with it!

In the past 17 games we are allowing less than 19.5 points per game. Only one game we have given up over 25 points and that was the Lions week 4. 

If the details on how we are keeping teams below 19.5 points were that important surely they would have resulted in different outcomes. Or the details are trivial and we are getting worked up about them during to an ingrained bias and narrative

22 minutes ago, LacyIsGood said:

How can you play aggressively against Mahomes with those corners without constantly being exposed in the run game or QB scrambles?  I think the Defense picked their spots well last night

This one isn't tough.

Sure it is Mahomes, but cover Kelce.

Make the other no name WR's try to beat you.  It isn't that those no name WR's aren't good, it is that as a whole, they are bad.

7 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

In the past 17 games we are allowing less than 19.5 points per game. Only one game we have given up over 25 points and that was the Lions week 4. 

If the details on how we are keeping teams below 19.5 points were that important surely they would have resulted in different outcomes. Or the details are trivial and we are getting worked up about them during to an ingrained bias and narrative

Bears (Fields) - 19
Rams (Mayfield) - 12
Dolphins (Tua) - 20
Vikings (Cousins) - 17
Lions (Goff) - 20
Bears (Fields) - 20
Falcons (Ridder) - 25
Saints (Carr/Winston) - 18
Lions (Goff) - 34
Raiders (Garoppolo) - 17
Broncos (Wilson) - 19
Vikings (Cousins) - 24
Rams (Rypien) - 3
Steelers (Pickett) - 23
Chargers (Herbert) - 20 (but we all know why)
Lions (Goff) - 22
Chiefs (Mahomes) - 19

Vaunted QB schedule there, my man. I'm sure glad you're proud of holding those all-pros under 3 tuds. Glad that's good enough for you and your buddy. 

Now do Barry's entire tenure

Edited by beekay414

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Bears (Fields) - 19
Rams (Mayfield) - 12
Dolphins (Tua)* - 20
Vikings (Cousins) - 17
Lions (Goff) - 20
Bears (Fields) - 20
Falcons (Ridder) - 25
Saints (Carr/Winston) - 18
Lions (Goff) - 34
Raiders (Garoppolo) - 17
Broncos (Wilson) - 19
Vikings (Cousins) - 24
Rams (Rypien) - 3
Steelers (Pickett) - 23
Chargers (Herbert) - 20 (but we all know why)
Lions (Goff) - 22
Chiefs (Mahomes) - 19

Vaunted QB schedule there, my man. I'm sure glad you're proud of holding those all-pros under 3 tuds. Glad that's good enough for you and your buddy. 

Now do Barry's entire tenure

* - concussed Tua

• Like 2

That's a mix of good and bad QBs. Mahomes, Goff (x2), Cousins (x2), Herbert and Tua for 7 of them vs Fields (x2), Mayfield, Pickett, Ridder, Rypien and Garoppollo and Carr/Winston for 8. I'm Wilson also as a curious anomoly at this point - he has been massively improved this year but also clearly isn't Seahawks era Russ anymore either. 

My major gripe with Barry though, is his inability to adjust when a team decides to just run, run, run, run against us though - and that's an issue stretching back several years with him by now. 

47 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Are we stopping the run? Are we getting off the field on 3rd down? 

Nothing has changed. The offense is more successful, giving the D a breather and eating more TOP. The defense has had some clutch 1-1 rush reps to get off the field in key moments. We're still letting teams move the ball at will.

this is all accounted for in DVOA

41 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

is there a way to filter DVOA based on a stretch of games?  I'd like to think we're higher than 18 over the last 5 weeks.  If we're closer to 10 how we are currently playing, and if we do get to add Jaire and Stokes (unknown on if he can still play I guess)  back this year we could potentially be a top 10 unit going into the postseason.  I'd think we can hold the 49ers under 40 points

if there is, i don't know about it

(unless you can access archived versions and just compare week to week movement)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Derp.

You're being totally intellectually dishonest.

VERY clearly I stated the IMPROVEMENT from 28 to 18 in a matter of several weeks is worth talking about.

It will go back down in the coming weeks when we don't shut down NY, TB and CAR because that's what this scheme does. 

4 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I am having trouble discerning whether people are just ranting, or actually think there is a chance MLF might move on from Barry after the season.  It's obvious that Barry is very much on track to keep his position.

becoming just as obvious as the 'Love will make $45mil+/yr on his next contract" has been

slowly people would coalesce around it - but it's looking pretty clear right now this is the reality of the situation.