The Good, the Bad, the Kansas City Zebras

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I don't know enough about PG to say if he is good or not.  So far our D has looked abysmal. 

I do agree with your talent assessment though.  This D is littered with below average talent and JAG's.  This was my point all offseason and I knew that our lack of D, especially our lack of interior pass rush would be our Achilles heel.  

We need to load up on D talent this offseason and we absolutely need a stud 3T.  If there is a stud 3T on the board when we draft we need to run to the podium and make that pick.  

Graham was looked at as a faster riser in coaching circles. I don't think that happened by accident. Coaches are generally only as good as the talent they have around them. 

I'd seriously look at Carolina and see if Derrick Brown is available. 

• Like 3

Yall letting graham off the hook with the talent thing. Somebody explain who giants added to make this jump in their defense while also not have leonard Williams for most games. Graham was bad last night. No way around that. He was mixing up his blitzes and confusing them in first half and completely went away from it. There was no big plays out there. Not sure why he was so scared all the sudden. Our 3 man rush hasn't worked all year. @big_palookait doesnt make sense to rush 3 and drop 8 if none of your corners can cover anyway. Giving wrs more time to get open don't help bad corners. And it's been proven over and over again this year that the 3 mam rush don't work. Almost every time he blitz it worked.  That's not good coaching. Also if you can look good for at least one half of every game, that means you got enough talent not to be as bad as you are in the other half of each game. Graham was awful yesterday. No excuses for it. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Graham was looked at as a faster riser in coaching circles. I don't think that happened by accident. Coaches are generally only as good as the talent they have around them. 

I agree with our lack of talent on the D side of the ball, I have been the most vocal poster for years on how our D is without below average in terms of overall talent and depth, one of the worst in the NFL over the last 20 years.

However PG last nigh was flat out out coached.  The one position player on KC who you can't let beat you is Kelce.  I don't care if you have to triple him, do not let him beat you, especially in the RZ.  4 TD's is flat out inexcusable and that falls on PG. If Juju wins, or MVS bravo to Reid for scheming them open but everyone in the world knows PM is going to target Kelce in the RZ and he scored 4X on us.  There is no justifying that....

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Yall letting graham off the hook with the talent thing. Somebody explain who giants added to make this jump in their defense while also not have leonard Williams for most games. 

This. Thank you. 

Yes, we lack talent on D. 

Nobody is expecting us to have a top 10 unit. 

It's also not unfair for us to say "We've blown two double digit leads in embarrassing fashion while not making any adjustments to even try and fix it."

We know the talent level is low. That doesn't mean Graham isn't taking their play lower.....as he did with every other job he's held. 

Graham should get his walking papers. Give the DC role to Antonio Pierce. Our LBs have looked downright fantastic imo. And he took Arizona State's D from 35 to 32 to 22 in his tenure. Last I checked, ASU wasn't exactly pulling 5* guys under Herm Edwards. 

The difference I see between Graham and Pierce is simple:

Graham's units get worse each year and look better when he's gone. 

Pierce's units improved year over year and ASU's D is currently 74 spots lower than last season.

Edited by ronjon1990

33 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Yea I agree with this. But at the same time why rush 3?

8 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I agree with our lack of talent on the D side of the ball, I have been the most vocal poster for years on how our D is without below average in terms of overall talent and depth, one of the worst in the NFL over the last 20 years.

However PG last nigh was flat out out coached.  The one position player on KC who you can't let beat you is Kelce.  I don't care if you have to triple him, do not let him beat you, especially in the RZ.  4 TD's is flat out inexcusable and that falls on PG. If Juju wins, or MVS bravo to Reid for scheming them open but everyone in the world knows PM is going to target Kelce in the RZ and he scored 4X on us.  There is no justifying that....

Saw kelsey had 7cth/25 yrd/ 4 td stat line that’s crazy 

21 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Yall letting graham off the hook with the talent thing. Somebody explain who giants added to make this jump in their defense while also not have leonard Williams for most games. Graham was bad last night. No way around that. He was mixing up his blitzes and confusing them in first half and completely went away from it. There was no big plays out there. Not sure why he was so scared all the sudden. Our 3 man rush hasn't worked all year. @big_palookait doesnt make sense to rush 3 and drop 8 if none of your corners can cover anyway. Giving wrs more time to get open don't help bad corners. And it's been proven over and over again this year that the 3 mam rush don't work. Almost every time he blitz it worked.  That's not good coaching. Also if you can look good for at least one half of every game, that means you got enough talent not to be as bad as you are in the other half of each game. Graham was awful yesterday. No excuses for it. 

His Giants defense was 9th in scoring in 12th in yards allowed in 2020. They dealt with injuries in 2021. Wink Martindale inherited a good Dline group that added Thibodeaux 5 overall. And it helps the offense is playing exponentially better under Dabol. 

I don't disagree with some of the calls. I did see the double safety blitz in the 4th that held them to the "missed FG holding play".

Andy Reid is going to find a way. If the defense is struggling against inferior QBs after the bye, then I'll be concerned. 

The defense can lack talent and the DC can struggle play calling. Both can be true. The talent sucks.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

We know the talent level is low. That doesn't mean Graham isn't taking their play lower.....as he did with every other job he's held. 

This is just 100% false. 2020 his defense kept the Giants alive. 9th in scoring and guys like Martinez, Peppers and Leo had career years. 

The hyperbole when this team loses is ridiculous. Get Maxx some interior help and the defense will be fine. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dante9876 said:

Yall letting graham off the hook with the talent thing. Somebody explain who giants added to make this jump in their defense while also not have leonard Williams for most games. 

They've played the gauntlet of Tannehill, Rush, Mayfield, Fields, and Rodgers... 

35 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

His Giants defense was 9th in scoring in 12th in yards allowed in 2020. They dealt with injuries in 2021. Wink Martindale inherited a good Dline group that added Thibodeaux 5 overall. And it helps the offense is playing exponentially better under Dabol. 

I don't disagree with some of the calls. I did see the double safety blitz in the 4th that held them to the "missed FG holding play".

Andy Reid is going to find a way. If the defense is struggling against inferior QBs after the bye, then I'll be concerned. 

The defense can lack talent and the DC can struggle play calling. Both can be true. The talent sucks.

They've played (scoring offense): Titans (23rd), Panthers (24th), Cowboys (25th), Bears (27th), Packers (22nd)

35 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

So were Matt Rhule, Brandon Staley, Nathaniel Hackett, Joe Brady, Matt Nagy, etc 

Bad jobs are bad jobs.