Week 6: Minnesota Vikings (4-1) @ Miami Dolphins (3-2)

Phinsesq

Week 6: MIN @ MIA  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

2. 2. How close will the game be?

• 3 or fewer point difference
    • 4-7 point difference
    • 8-14 point difference
    • 15 or greater point difference
  3. 3. Who will score the most fantasy points in this game?

• Skylar Thompson
    • Kirk Cousins
    • Chase Edmonds
    • Raheem Mostert
    • Dalvin Cook
    • Alexander Mattison
    • Tyreek Hill
    • Jaylen Waddle
    • Trent Sherfield
    • Justin Jefferson
    • Adam Thielen
    • K.J. Osborn
    • Durham Smythe
    • Mike Gesicki
    • Irv Smith Jr.
    • Johnny Mundt
    • Jason Sanders
    • Greg Joseph
    • Dolphins DST
    • Vikings DST

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/16/2022 at 05:00 PM

Yep that is the quality you get out of me. No poll, no graphic, if I could have just crossed through the Jets topic in a crude elementary fashion and scribbled Vikings and Miami over it I would have. 😁 

Looks to be Skylar Thompson this week getting the start. I expect better than last week, the kid was a gamer in college and has a full week of practice.

I am not deluding myself though, I expect our defense to get throttled. 

vikings-vs-dolphins-odds-picks-predictio

The season continues onward, even after two tumultuous games for the Dolphins. The Vikings are one of the hotter teams in the NFL, coming in winning three straight. The Dolphins, meanwhile, will be starting their 3rd-string Quarterback, Skylar Thompson, a 7th-round draft choice, after losing both Tua Tagovailoa and backup Teddy Bridgewater to concussions in back to back games. Fortunately, however, the Dolphins are hopeful that other key starters - Xavien Howard, Terron Armstead, and Tyreek Hill - will be able to play

Can the Dolphins salvage their strong start, or will they skid back to .500 after starting 3-0? This is as big a game for the Dolphins as out-of-conference games get!

My prediction..

Miami 26
Minnesota 24

Fins up!

16 hours ago, FinSting said:

Vikings have the coolest helmets, love that shade of purple. 

Like everyone else, very curious to see how Skylar does after being QB1 all week in practice. 

In today's economy, you need three QB's just to get through a season. 

I expect a much better performance than last week. Miami was in that game till the 4th quarter though and the score was indicative of how close that game really was. Thompson can't hold onto the ball as long as he did. Which is a typical rookie tendency. In comparison it is where Tua's decisiveness and accuracy really stand out. 

Bridgewater should be back at least from what I am reading, he just won't be back in time to have the practice reps. Basically Thompson's situation last week, if Bridgewater is called into service. 

Maybe Miami surprises me with a win. The defense will have to step up big time for that to happen. Even if they lose, keep it close, show us fans they have some fight in them.   

I'd be more confident with the Vikings, but we've shown that pretty much any QB can have success against our defense. I expect that to continue.

Miami's receivers could be a problem for our very average CBs, and we can't stop the run game. The defense just isn't good.

The first half offense is fire and then is super cold in the second half. No matter what the lead is, we let teams back in it.

My guess is it'll come down to the final minutes of the game and the team who screws up less will win!

Good luck, guys!

I'm just glad Miami started 3 and 0 that may be just enough to keep them in the playoff hunt through this rash of injuries to the top starters. It's a long time to the bye week so hopefully the bleeding of loses can be slowed down till some talent gets back healthy and, on the field. I'm not to concerned about a loss this week if it does happen as, it is NFC matchup, but this team needs to get healthy as they enter stretch of very winnable games after this week.

Not at all confident playing a very good Vikings team

Miami................23

Vikings..............38

2 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

I think Thompson will be fine, but until we can get some pass rush while the secondary gets healthy, I have zero faith in this defense.  27-24, Vikes.

I agree, the absent pass rush is concerning. Though I felt it was a little more present last week.