ProFootballFocus Top/Bottom at every position, as of Week 5 2022

TheKillerNacho

10 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I mean, at one point he arguably was. I haven't been paying much attention to the Saints this season, so his inclusion there was a bit of a surprise to me.

It seems to correlate to Drew Brees' retirement and/or Michael Thomas' brain malfunction. Lose those two and effectiveness drops, it seems.

Interesting that all other names mentioned in those threads (Derrick Henry, Christian McCaffrey, Nick Chubb) are still performing at a high level - it's almost as if their situations aren't really indictive of their ability, where the opposite seems to be true with Kamara.

16 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Andrew Thomas and Dexter Lawrence being as good as they are is a huge reason the Giants are winning games. Daniel Bellinger too. TE is normally a position that takes rookies a while to adjust to, but he's been great both blocking and in the receiving game. 

The Giants literally have the best and worse OTs in football right now. I'm a huge Evan Neal fan, so I'm expecting it to work itself out in due time with him - but it’s funny to think about.

In regards to T, not terribly shocked that Laremy Tunsil is top 5 - he’s applying himself in run blocking, and he’s making up a dominant side with Kenyon Green, who is making strides on a weekly basis. Whoever is QB for the Texans in a few years might have a pretty good OL in front of them.

On 10/12/2022 at 7:51 PM, TheKillerNacho said:

Top 5:
1. Michael Burton 88.1
2. Patrick Ricard 69.9
3. Derek Watt 68.2
4. Reggie Gilliam 64.2
5. Kyle Juszczyk 60.7

Michael Burton, first-ballot HOFer. 

Like 10 standard deviations better than the next best in the world. Get in line Aaron Donald and Justin Tucker, Michael Burton is the true positional standard-setter in this league. 

7 hours ago, e16bball said:

Michael Burton, first-ballot HOFer. 

Like 10 standard deviations better than the next best in the world. Get in line Aaron Donald and Justin Tucker, Michael Burton is the true positional standard-setter in this league. 

live look at michael burton accepting his PFF HOF award:

cfa.gif

• Like 1

On 10/12/2022 at 7:04 PM, ET80 said:

Remember that one time we went 200 pages on whether or not Alvin Kamara was a top 5 RB?

Good times. Good times indeed.

(Not really, but worthy of laughing at).

On 10/12/2022 at 7:58 PM, TheKillerNacho said:

I mean, at one point he arguably was. I haven't been paying much attention to the Saints this season, so his inclusion there was a bit of a surprise to me.

On 10/13/2022 at 4:13 AM, CP3MVP said:

People in comparisons sub were seriously debating whether Alvin Kamara was going to the HOF 

On 10/13/2022 at 4:31 AM, biggie. said:

And that thread that went 100+ pages and refused to die.

On 10/13/2022 at 6:27 AM, ET80 said:

It seems to correlate to Drew Brees' retirement and/or Michael Thomas' brain malfunction. Lose those two and effectiveness drops, it seems.

Interesting that all other names mentioned in those threads (Derrick Henry, Christian McCaffrey, Nick Chubb) are still performing at a high level - it's almost as if their situations aren't really indictive of their ability, where the opposite seems to be true with Kamara.

Someone should make an Alvin Kamara thread where you guys could discuss this. Not me though. Someone better.

On 10/12/2022 at 4:51 PM, TheKillerNacho said:

Top 6:
1. Geno Smith 90.2
2. Josh Allen 87.5
3. Patrick Mahomes 85.8
4. Jalen Hurts 80.4
5. Andy Dalton 80.3
6. Tua Tagovailoa 79.7

When I read this the first time I saw Dalton and thought “he must be getting playing time somewhere”

it’s the saints. that’s how impactful he’s been with his top 5 ranking. I forgot he was on the team.