GDT Week 6 - 10/16/22 - Baltimore Ravens (3-2) at NY Giants (4-1) = 1pm EST

drd23

Also flying under the radar is the putrid addition of Rob Leonard OLB coach from the Dolphins. Oweh was looking like a terror as a Rookie and now he's miring in this Sophomore slump. Harbaugh labeled Drew Wilkins the best EDGE/OLB coach in the league and just let Wink drag him off to NY.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Also flying under the radar is the putrid addition of Rob Leonard OLB coach from the Dolphins. Oweh was looking like a terror as a Rookie and now he's miring in this Sophomore slump. Harbaugh labeled Drew Wilkins the best EDGE/OLB coach in the league and just let Wink drag him off to NY.

Yeah, it’s things like this that I think makes this a systemic issue and also why regardless of how much I like him we just can’t bring him back and hope he’s going to correct issue by finally making good coaching hires.

The reality is that Harbaugh is a control freak that has purged dissenting voices that brought talent to the equation. He requires his coaches to “fall in line.”

Harbaugh used to be more passionate as well, he used to be the galvanizer a bit more, now he just looks helpless on the sideline most of the time.

25 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Every loss you’re spewing hyper-emotional pessimism, so when real issues do arise it’s harder to take serious what you say because you’re always crying wolf. Whereas for example @DreamKidis generally pretty optimistic/realistic, so when he says “this is a bad loss” it comes across less as sky is falling and more like legitimate concern.

Beyond that the “semantics thing” is a consistency within your “hot takes” where you make pseudo hard stances without actually going out on a limb. Usually I’m the only one calling that out. Thought @wackywabbitresponse was far more succinct (and humorous).

I don’t remotely care who’s opinion sounds more “legitimate” to you when bringing up “real issues when they arise” with the team - it has no bearing on reality and if they get fixed.

Always saying weird garbage like “Every time you cry wolf” - we’re on a football website talking about football. When we have 3 catastrophic 4th quarter collapses i’m going to complain about it. 

Youre weird, man. It’s why everyone always leaves you on read in NFL gen and never responds to your dumb long essays. They don’t want to deal with you and your weird long pseudo intellectual tomes. Unfortunately we share a forum so I have to. But just block me so i don’t have to see you constantly quoting me & being a freak show. Tag as many people to compliment as you want, you’re still a weird, weird cat. 

Edited by Ray Reed

I have nothing more to add to what anyone here is saying other than - this is all happening with Lamar on a rookie deal. Imagine how devoid of talent this team is going to be if they gave this man $250M guaranteed.

No way I'm paying Lamar right now. Through 6 games he's proven he's not that unanimous MVP dude and 2019 was clearly a fluke.

I don't know how we make the playoffs this year with this kind of ***** mentality matriculating throughout the entire team. Nobody can step up and make a play. Idk man this is painful to watch.

49 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

These changes will likely be what sinks Harbaugh, barring some miracle run this year. If things continue with this trajectory, may be aurevoir for the entire staff. 

Harbaugh would be hired within 7 days (if he chooses) but there's evidence that keeps mounting that Harbaugh has run his course through Baltimore. 

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I have nothing more to add to what anyone here is saying other than - this is all happening with Lamar on a rookie deal. Imagine how devoid of talent this team is going to be if they gave this man $250M guaranteed.

No way I'm paying Lamar right now. Through 6 games he's proven he's not that unanimous MVP dude and 2019 was clearly a fluke.

I don't know how we make the playoffs this year with this kind of ***** mentality matriculating throughout the entire team. Nobody can step up and make a play. Idk man this is painful to watch.

Nah, there's guys who step up constantly, Mark Andrews being the biggest example. 

26 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

I don’t remotely care who’s opinion sounds more “legitimate” to you when bringing up “real issues when they arise” with the team - it has no bearing on reality and if they get fixed.

Always saying weird garbage like “Every time you cry wolf” - we’re on a football website talking about football. When we have 3 catastrophic 4th quarter collapses i’m going to complain about it. 

Youre weird, man. It’s why everyone always leaves you on read in NFL gen and never responds to your dumb long essays. They don’t want to deal with you and your weird long pseudo intellectual tomes. Unfortunately we share a forum so I have to. But just block me so i don’t have to see you constantly quoting me & being a freak show. Tag as many people to compliment as you want, you’re still a weird, weird cat. 

Had no idea this forum had a “read” feature. And here I just thought it had a ‘football’/like feature.

Seems at least with that particular measurable statistic, more of my posts have been football’d than yours… and I rarely post outside this forum (heck I rarely post at all nowadays)… and I’m typically writing tomes when I do.

Does this mean your posts are left ‘on read’ even more? 🤔 

Also why would I block you? Your incessant pessimism, while incessant, is still a source of information that I can use to shape my own opinion. I prefer to keep people around me who offer differing viewpoints so that I have something to compare my opinion to. That said if you’d prefer to block me, cool beans. But that’s your own prerogative.

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

you mean the guy who dropped a crucial touchdown pass when it mattered? (yes i know the ball was tipped, etc. etc. - he has a very clear history of not stepping up when it matters)

You're clearly our of your mind. That ball was tipped right in front of him? The guy can only do so much. He's captain clutch when plays are needed. Selective memory I suppose. 

42 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Come on, man. This came off as weirdly personal. Been posting in here a long time, even before this account. DB, albeit long winded at times is a great poster. Sometimes he's a but reactionary but he's not weird. I enjoy his posting. I also enjoy yours too. 

Today sucked but let's not run off the rails here. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, baltimoreRebel said:

And calling his 2019 year a "fluke" is absolutely mind numbing.. 

You're telling me nothing stands out about these yearly stats?

Lamar Jackson Stats, Height, Weight, Position, Draft, College | Pro-Football-Reference.com

2019 is clearly an outlier. Lamar is kinda like Joe Flacco with how wildly inconsistent he is, except Lamar's floor is much higher than Joe's and his ceiling is also much higher, and he spends more time on the ceiling than the floor. That still doesn't negate the fact that, like someone else posted, over his last full season of games he's...pretty average.

And we can't watch him objectively right now without noticing the same common trends we've harped on for years:

• Mechanics/footwork are not consistent
  • Accuracy, especially downfield, is not consistent
  • His decision making, especially in clutch situations has been awful

And now IMHO (I'm curious what others think) he's also refusing to run from the pocket a lot more because it seems like he wants to throw to prove people wrong vs. just taking free yardage with his legs. 

3 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

You're clearly our of your mind. That ball was tipped right in front of him? The guy can only do so much. He's captain clutch when plays are needed. Selective memory I suppose. 

Selective memory? Are we just forgetting how many crucial drops he's had in our playoff losses? There's no way that narrative has just disappeared overnight.

Like don't get me wrong Mark was a beast today and has consistently been that way in the regular season, but there is still a narrative there especially in playoff games

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ray Reed said:

It’s the NFL, dude. Bad teams beat good teams all the time. The disparity between teams in this league is the lowest in all of professional sports.

What makes a team average or bad is not being able to win those games when you’re up. Good teams find ways to finish games.

By your logic, then then, you would not have counted the 2000 Ravens a good team after week 9. It's a very short sighted approach. There are countless examples of good teams who struggle at .500 early in the season and then go on a run. If you look at the underlying numbers aside from wins and losses, you'll see the Ravens have the statistical profile of a very good team.

7 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I think with Lamar he was in the MVP conversation when he had three legit weapons to throw to, but then precipitously declined with only two.

When Bateman returns, I’ll bet Lamar’s production climbs once again. EDC knows this team is unable to recruit WR talents because of the system and instead of overcommitting to the position in the draft to compensate for the franchise QB, he refuses to budge on his philosophy.

Which if we’re drafting All Pros on defense that would be okay, yet instead we’re barely even left with solid starters.

Just now, diamondbull424 said:

I think with Lamar he was in the MVP conversation when he had three legit weapons to throw to, but then precipitously declined with only two.

When Bateman returns, I’ll bet Lamar’s production climbs once again. EDC knows this team is unable to recruit WR talents because of the system and instead of overcommitting to the position in the draft to compensate for the franchise QB, he refuses to budge on his philosophy.

Which if we’re drafting All Pros on defense that would be okay, yet instead we’re barely even left with solid starters.

Who was the 3rd legit weapon in 2019? Snead? Boyle? They were 3-4 in targets (46 and 43), I wouldn't classify either of them as anything legit. I think Duvernay right now is better than both of them. 

I think the thing that currently is racking my brain is that if we're struggling this much with Lamar on a rookie deal, I simply can't imagine how we're going to be this good or better once we pay Lamar. I'm having a very hard time seeing that happen.