GDT Week 6 - 10/16/22 - Baltimore Ravens (3-2) at NY Giants (4-1) = 1pm EST

drd23

Just now, Ray Reed said:

You significantly overrate this team. It is what it is. We’re a 3-3 football team who won a ton of ridiculously close games early last year against inferior teams like the Vikings, Colts, and Bears, and when those one score games evened out last year at the end of the season, we were 8-9. 

This team hasn’t shown anything the last 2 seasons that you should be remotely comfortable enough every week in here to just keep saying “don’t care, see us in the playoffs bro”.

Theres a big difference between what you hope a team is and what they are. What this team is and has been is a mediocre football team. Maybe we will make the playoffs on the virtue of our garbage division but we’re not nearly good enough to talk like you talk about this team’s prospects moving forward. That’s my opinion on the matter. You’re entitled to your own

Last year isn't this year.

How am I overrating this team? I am calling them a playoff team. You think they miss? It's not hope. What do you think the Vegas odds will be?

11 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

You significantly overrate this team. It is what it is. We’re a 3-3 football team who won a ton of ridiculously close games early last year against inferior teams like the Vikings, Colts, and Bears, and when those one score games evened out last year at the end of the season, we were 8-9. 

This team hasn’t shown anything the last 2 seasons that you should be remotely comfortable enough every week in here to just keep saying “don’t care, see us in the playoffs bro”.

Theres a big difference between what you hope a team is and what they are. What this team is and has been is a mediocre football team. Maybe we will make the playoffs on the virtue of our garbage division but we’re not nearly good enough to talk like you talk about this team’s prospects moving forward. That’s my opinion on the matter. You’re entitled to your own

Wins are not a good indicator of how good a team is early in the season. Based on DVOA the Ravens were the 3rd best team in the league in per play efficiency coming in to this week. On offense they were 4th in Y/P.  

The Ravens are better than most other teams. They are just getting outplayed in key, high leverage situations late in the game over and over and over again. 

Edited by AngusMcFife
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Wins are not a good indicator of how good a team is early in the season. Based on DVOA the Ravens were the 3rd best team in the league in per play efficiency coming in to this week. On offense they were 4th in Y/P.  

The Ravens are better than most other teams. They are just getting outplayed in key game, high leverage situations over and over and over again. 

Lol

”The Ravens are awesome, except when it matters, then they suck in the important parts of the game, that’s why we lose all these close games”

Ringing endorsement

You are what your record says you are. Unfortunately for you they don’t seed playoffs by DVOA. It’s the NFL. Any single coach or player will tell you wins and losses are all that matters. Every single one. We’ll be 7-7 and people will be in here arguing we’re actually an awesome team because of our DVOA. 

To each their own

4 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

I disagree about garbage performance. We outgained a now 5-1 team 406-238. We made a serious of disastrous mistakes and deserved to lose at the end. But I don't think we've seen anything close to a garbage performance by this team yet. I can't imagine what our first blowout loss will do to this fanbase.

That's what we should be doing, and that record isn't indicative of their talent. The Giants scraping by awful teams doesn't impress me and us outgaining them by so much doesn't either.

I don't understand this reflexive urge to defend obvious and glaring issues. This was a bad loss, embarrassing for our organization, and unfortunately a continuation of the same kind of issues that have plagued us across multiple seasons now. Something needs to change.

"Hey there's a lot of games in a season so we can probably make the playoffs even though we're not looking good"- is not something I'm comfortable settling for. It's not something any top club in any sport should settle for. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Last year isn't this year.

How am I overrating this team? I am calling them a playoff team. You think they miss? It's not hope. What do you think the Vegas odds will be?

Yes, i think it’s certainly likely they miss the playoffs if they continue to lose games like this. Because that’s how standings in competitive sports work.

We’re 3-3. If we’re like 6-6 at some point this season will you still be flabbergasted that people in here think we could possibly miss the playoffs? 

What do you think this team does at a high level? What part of the team gives you confidence moving forward? Because this is a team who can’t get stops in big moments on defense and an offense that can’t get first downs in key moments. Just really really curious what you could be watching every Sunday to give you confidence that we would even do anything in the playoffs if we even make it there. Unless you just want to get to the playoffs just to say we got there. Kind of like the steelers last year. Then more power to you

Edited by Ray Reed

6 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

That's what we should be doing, and that record isn't indicative of their talent. The Giants scraping by awful teams doesn't impress me and us outgaining them by so much doesn't either.

I don't understand this reflexive urge to defend obvious and glaring issues. This was a bad loss, embarrassing for our organization, and unfortunately a continuation of the same kind of issues that have plagued us across multiple seasons now. Something needs to change.

"Hey there's a lot of games in a season so we can probably make the playoffs even though we're not looking good"- is not something I'm comfortable settling for. It's not something any top club in any sport should settle for. 

Someone keeping it real. Respect 

Edited by Ray Reed
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

I don't think you guys understand what a bad loss looks like is what I am saying. I'm pretty confident we'll have a much worse loss this year than any game we've had so far. Close game results aren't what you make sweeping changes off of.

9 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

It's striking how many times the defense was confusedly shifting around and pointing before the snap in the second half. They seem like a disorganized, undisciplined unit. 

Haha, Disorganized Chaos. Rex is somewhere crying.

2 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

What do you think this team does at a high level? 

Meltdown

Again, the coaches box must be purged next season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Way to put yourself out there buddy

Lmao that’s the question you asked me.

And what have you done all season?

”ehhhh don’t really care about these horrifically embarrassing losses boys we’ll still make da playoffs”

Its a stupid mindset. 

Edited by Ray Reed

4 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

I don't think you guys understand what a bad loss looks like is what I am saying. I'm pretty confident we'll have a much worse loss this year than any game we've had so far. Close game results aren't what you make sweeping changes off of.

And i’m sure you don’t know what one is.

Losing games (especially at home) that you are in complete control of are bad losses. Melting down every 4th quarter are bad losses.

Idk if this is a Lamar thing for you and you can’t admit a team led by him just may not be automatically good or what but your refusal to acknowledge this team’s glaring failures up to this point in the season is bizarre. 

13 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Lol

”The Ravens are awesome, except when it matters, then they suck in the important parts of the game, that’s why we lose all these close games”

Ringing endorsement

You are what your record says you are. Unfortunately for you they don’t seed playoffs by DVOA. It’s the NFL. Any single coach or player will tell you wins and losses are all that matters. Every single one. We’ll be 7-7 and people will be in here arguing we’re actually an awesome team because of our DVOA. 

To each their own

OK well by your logic, we are a first place team. Not sure why you are talking about seeding when we are 1st in division. We are a top 4 AFC team according to your reasoning. That's hardly mediocre.