GDT Week 6 - 10/16/22 - Baltimore Ravens (3-2) at NY Giants (4-1) = 1pm EST

drd23

1 minute ago, Ray Reed said:

Idk if this is a Lamar thing for you and you can’t admit a team led by him just may not be automatically good or what but your refusal to acknowledge this team’s glaring failures up to this point in the season is bizarre. 

It's not just Lamar. I like what the defense has done the last 3 weeks more than the offense.

I at least made a claim you can quote in week 18. If these problems are so bad why are you scared to say you think this team misses the playoffs?

9 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

I don't think you guys understand what a bad loss looks like is what I am saying. I'm pretty confident we'll have a much worse loss this year than any game we've had so far. Close game results aren't what you make sweeping changes off of.

"lol Look at you guys upset about this loss and our club underperforming, we could have a much bigger loss down the road".....

Great take, and systemic issues repeatedly revealing themselves are exactly what you should sweeping changes off of.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

It's not just Lamar. I like what the defense has done the last 3 weeks more than the offense.

I at least made a claim you can quote in week 18. If these problems are so bad why are you scared to say you think this team misses the playoffs?

What? I said i think it’s certainly likely we miss the playoffs lmao the word “certainly” is pretty definitive. You’re reaching 

5 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

What? I said i think it’s certainly likely we miss the playoffs lmao the word “certainly” is pretty definitive. You’re reaching 

What you said before was:

25 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Yes, i think it’s certainly likely they miss the playoffs if they continue to lose games like this.

^ That's obviously not a statement 

But you're doing better now. We can check in later in the season.

Edited by wackywabbit

9 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

What you said before was:

But you're doing better now. We can check in later in the season.

Yeah this is def the way to go for you. Play the semantics game and pretend that I - for some reason - have to 100% pigeonhole myself into a fully guaranteed statement of us missing the playoffs just because your “don’t matter how bad we look guys, we’ll make the playoffs anyway” shtick is beyond stupid.

You being obnoxiously dismissive of this team’s flaws and performance this year and my thoughts on whether we make the playoffs this year aren’t exclusively linked. I can think you have dumb, uniformed takes about what you’re watching every sunday and still see the state of our division and see a path to the playoffs. Those things can coexist.

Edited by Ray Reed

23 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

It’s not definitive- at all. It’s covering your bases. If you say, “this team will not make the playoffs” that’s definitive. It’s going out on a limb.

But your statement mixed ‘certain’ with ‘likely’ and then added the qualifier of ‘if we continue to lose games’.

That way if we make the playoffs and/or more you can weasel out of this claim by saying “I never said we wouldn’t make the playoffs, only that it was ‘certainly likely’ that we wouldn’t… and only if we continued to lose games.”

So he’s absolutely not reaching. You literally said nothing. You made a non-definitive statement with no substance. Hence not going out on a limb. But most of your statements are like this. Where you pretend to make a giant claim, but then use some sort of qualifier, so that either way you can take the credit for the “bold” claim while also positioning yourself as not making said bold claim.

Usually I’m the only one calling you out on this. Though it’s funny the last bold claim was that Stanley “was done” and then you tried lying and saying I came up with some fantastical workout plan that guaranteed he’d be ready by the start of the season. When in reality you were just wrong.

Edited by diamondbull424

8 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Yeah this is def the way to go for you. Play the semantics game and pretend that I - for some reason - have to 100% pigeonhole myself into a fully guaranteed statement of us missing the playoffs just because your “don’t matter how bad we look guys, we’ll make the playoffs anyway” shtick is beyond stupid.

You being obnoxiously dismissive of this team’s flaws and performance this year and my thoughts on whether we make the playoffs this year aren’t exclusively linked. I can think you have dumb, uniformed takes about what you’re watching every sunday and still see the state of our division and see a path to the playoffs. Those things can coexist.

If I had a 100% guarantee I would have betting money on the team and I have 0 dollars on it.

I don't think clutchness is something that indicates future success (which is not a take I invented) and I haven't seen a "bad loss". I think you guys are being daft in not acknowledging the difference between any game this year and real bad losses like the Bengals games last year or the Browns game Lamar's MVP season or the Broncos' game in Flacco's SB season.

5 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

It’s not definitive- at all. It’s covering your bases. If you say, “this team will not make the playoffs” that’s definitive. It’s going out on a limb.

But your statement mixed ‘certain’ with ‘likely’ and then added the qualifier of ‘if we continue to lose games’.

That way if we make the playoffs and/or more you can weasel out of this claim by saying “I never said we wouldn’t make the playoffs, only that it was ‘certainly likely’ that we wouldn’t… and only if we continued to lose games.”

So he’s absolutely not reaching. You literally said nothing. You made a non-definitive statement with no substance. Hence not going out on a limb.

Except the difference is im not in every GDT after a loss proclaiming “everything is fine and the people freaking out are dumb and we’ll make the playoffs regardless so who cares about these losses”.

Im in the GDTs saying there are serious flaws with this team and if we continue to play like this it’s beyond dumb to just assume we’ll be fine down the line and make the playoffs.

Having an issue with what I find to be moronic guarantees about making the playoffs doesn’t necessitate me making moronic guarantees in the other direction. Do you see how that works? Or do we need to have another 20 back and forths like always?

Edited by Ray Reed

I think it's painfully obvious a (healthy) back like Gus is desperately needed to close out games in Roman's system. Obviously Lamar takes a lot of blame as well for some of the 4th quarter ineptness, but it makes sense given the weight on his shoulders from quarters 1-3. Terrible loss, but I want to see a healthy Gus back before making a final determination on this offense, which is arguably one of the best through the first three quarters and one of thee worst in the 4th and high leverage situations. 

• Like 1