EDGE Talk

MOSteelers56

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

As long as the broken bone in his foot is healed in time which he said doctors said it should be.

I have heard of him for a long time and meant to watch him, but yeah, he's getting slept on hard just by the nature of him not being the default other guy after Will Anderson.  Raw as hell though, it only seems like he wins with speed and power.  But he has crazy speed and power, so any DL coach is gonna be salivating at the thought of getting ahold of him.

I just put him as my second ranked Edge and I watched a game where he only got a half sack.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I have heard of him for a long time and meant to watch him, but yeah, he's getting slept on hard just by the nature of him not being the default other guy after Will Anderson.  Raw as hell though, it only seems like he wins with speed and power.  But he has crazy speed and power, so any DL coach is gonna be salivating at the thought of getting ahold of him.

I just put him as my second ranked Edge and I watched a game where he only got a half sack.

There are at least 6 edge guys that I watch and think should be 10+ sack guys in the NFL.  Crazy deep class at the top.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Any guys you think are gonna fall through the cracks?

So Will Anderson, Myles Murphy, Tyree Wilson, Jared Verse, Andre Carter, and Isaiah Foskey are all guys i could easily see being 10+ sack guys.  Then you have other guys like Ojulari at LSU, Felix from Kansas St, and Nolan Smith from UGA who has been hurt who will get pushed down.  Im partial to Felix as a guy who may slide a little.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

So Will Anderson, Myles Murphy, Tyree Wilson, Jared Verse, Andre Carter, and Isaiah Foskey are all guys i could easily see being 10+ sack guys.  Then you have other guys like Ojulari at LSU, Felix from Kansas St, and Nolan Smith from UGA who has been hurt who will get pushed down.  Im partial to Felix as a guy who may slide a little.

Felix is fun

9 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

There are at least 6 edge guys that I watch and think should be 10+ sack guys in the NFL.  Crazy deep class at the top.

After the first few, it's getting really difficult to sort these guys out.  I change my mind on who the second ranked pass rusher is every week or so.

8 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Carter and Foskey I just haven't been able to get behind.  Carter shows some great traits (he's got the best bend in the class), but the best OL he's faced this season is what?  UTSA?  He just hasn't faced the competition that others have.  Foskey I just happen to be watching when he does next to nothing (BYU and Clemson) to the point that I have a teammate of his ranked higher.  That one will probably sort itself out.  Smith is great, but yeah, injured.

Felix I started to watch, but then didn't get around to.  Ojulari has been disappointing when I watch him.

The guys behind them that are intriguing me more and more are Byron Young (for homer reasons), Dylan Horton out of TCU, who came on late, and don't laugh, but Zach Harrison out of Ohio State.  I don't think any of those three are 10+ sack guys, but I think they're sneaky good contributors that will be rotational guys you can depend on for at least 5 sacks a season.  Young is a limited athlete, but will be a coach's favorite dude, Horton looks the part, and will be great against the run, and Harrison has been disappointing I know, but he certainly has enviable length, and has way more passes almost defensed than he does passes actually blocked, which is still a lot.

I think it's a strong class throughout.  You can get a guy who will play a lot in like the fourth round.  Kinda like the 2021 draft if there was also a couple of blue chippers and people didn't sleep on Rousseau.

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

After the first few, it's getting really difficult to sort these guys out.  I change my mind on who the second ranked pass rusher is every week or so.

Carter and Foskey I just haven't been able to get behind.  Carter shows some great traits (he's got the best bend in the class), but the best OL he's faced this season is what?  UTSA?  He just hasn't faced the competition that others have.  Foskey I just happen to be watching when he does next to nothing (BYU and Clemson) to the point that I have a teammate of his ranked higher.  That one will probably sort itself out.  Smith is great, but yeah, injured.

Felix I started to watch, but then didn't get around to.  Ojulari has been disappointing when I watch him.

The guys behind them that are intriguing me more and more are Byron Young (for homer reasons), Dylan Horton out of TCU, who came on late, and don't laugh, but Zach Harrison out of Ohio State.  I don't think any of those three are 10+ sack guys, but I think they're sneaky good contributors that will be rotational guys you can depend on for at least 5 sacks a season.  Young is a limited athlete, but will be a coach's favorite dude, Horton looks the part, and will be great against the run, and Harrison has been disappointing I know, but he certainly has enviable length, and has way more passes almost defensed than he does passes actually blocked, which is still a lot.

I think it's a strong class throughout.  You can get a guy who will play a lot in like the fourth round.  Kinda like the 2021 draft if there was also a couple of blue chippers and people didn't sleep on Rousseau.

1 minute ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

This is probably going to be the value guy who drops, he could end up being a steal 

Yeah, that was kinda my point, the more you dig into this edge class, the more you see guys in the 2nd and 3rd round who look like starter-caliber prospects.