Packers Trade For Nobody Day 557

MacReady

40 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Two years ago, Savage was in year two.  And flashed as a rookie.  Just who is giving up on a starting rookie in year two who has shown flashes of being very good?

Love.  You gonna let your backup QB and possible future starter leave with a 38-39 year old starter?  And presumably for two mid to end of draft picks?

I mean, that is bad business.

I won't fight you on trading a vet say like Preston.  Someone still good and on a decent contract.  But you need pieces behind him that are ready to play.  We didn't have that for P.  And I'm struggling to find another example, unless you wanted to move JA for a haul.

And that too would have been bad business.

Then...if you want to talk about acquiring draft capital, I'll reference the trade down that got us JA and another first.  Those are the kind of moves that I wish we'd do more often.  But....it does take two to tango to get that done.

That's even crazier to me. Who would trade a defensive starter when your team is trying to contend for a Super Bowl?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

That's even crazier to me. Who would trade a defensive starter when your team is trying to contend for a Super Bowl?

The guy that has the power of hindsight to know that, that was the peak of Savage's play.  Probably someone who bought Gray's Sports Almanac on one of his trips to the future.  Or possibly someone who stole it from the guy, then gave it to his past self...

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

The guy that has the power of hindsight to know that, that was the peak of Savage's play.  Probably someone who bought Gray's Sports Almanac on one of his trips to the future.  Or possibly someone who stole it from the guy, then gave it to his past self...

back to the future great scott GIF

• Like 3

The Rams just proved that one end of the trade spectrum works.

No team has ever shown that the Packers end of the spectrum works.

Doesn’t have to be a trade, but no team since free agency started and likely not before has ever won a Super Bowl without significantly supplementing their roster IN SEASON.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Are you seriously laboring under the delusion that even the best teams don't have their receivers misread coverages? Of course they do. I was giving you enough credit to know that the always present caveat of *More than any other team* is there.

The biggest miss of that Bills game was Rodgers blowing that deep ball on the flea flicker, and there hasn't been a ******* word about that duck from Packers twitter.

That's the ******* bias that pisses me off. 

First of all - don't talk to me about bias. You've been bias since 2018. Secondly, the flea flicker was covered. Thirdly, I never said Rodgers hasn't missed throws. He misses throws every year. As does every QB. But this year there is no room for error. You asked where the lost offensive downs happen even though it has been well documented here throughout the season.  But you have questioned every documented item I've posted, only to backpedal when I prove it. So stick your "citations" and "according to whom"

Edited by cannondale
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

2 hours ago, cannondale said:

First of all - don't talk to me about bias. You've been bias since 2018. Secondly, the flea flicker was covered. Thirdly, I never said Rodgers hasn't missed throws. He misses throws every year. As does every QB. But this year there is no room for error. You asked where the lost offensive downs happen even though it has been well documented here throughout the season.  But you have questioned every documented item I've posted, only to backpedal when I prove it. So stick your "citations" and "according to whom"

1. No, I've been right since 2018. 

2. https://imgur.com/KbB8AjO

This is covered??? 

Jesus ******* Christ don't ******* talk to me about bias if Doubs with 2 steps is considered covered. 

Every ******* deep ball is going to be "covered" if your QB underthrows it so bad your DB has to stop entirely.

3. As evidenced by this specific ******* play, there's plenty of room for error. Rodgers has just turned into ******* Andy Dalton. 

Edited by AlexGreen#20
  • Like 5

17 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

1. No, I've been right since 2018. 

2. https://imgur.com/KbB8AjO

This is covered??? 

Jesus ******* Christ don't ******* talk to me about bias if Doubs with 2 steps is considered covered. 

Every ******* deep ball is going to be "covered" if your QB underthrows it so bad your DB has to stop entirely.

3. As evidenced by this specific ******* play, there's plenty of room for error. Rodgers has just turned into ******* Andy Dalton. 

According to whom ?

Yep - that's double coverage on a 65 yard throw. You tell me who is gonna make that throw better than that.

Just now, cannondale said:

According to whom ?

Yep - that's double coverage on a 65 yard throw. You tell me who is gonna make that throw better than that.

1. Every single football coach, player, and fan. 2 steps is wide ******* open by NFL standards.

2. It's only a 65 yard throw because Rodgers didn't trust Doubs. That ball should have been out a full second earlier as Doubs was coming out of his stutter steps. But because Rodgers didn't trust his god damn teammates enough to throw with anticipation, he held the ball until Doubs was even with the Safety, which made the throw longer and more difficult. And he missed it.  

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

1. Every single football coach, player, and fan. 2 steps is wide ******* open by NFL standards.

2. It's only a 65 yard throw because Rodgers didn't trust Doubs. That ball should have been out a full second earlier as Doubs was coming out of his stutter steps. But because Rodgers didn't trust his god damn teammates enough to throw with anticipation, he held the ball until Doubs was even with the Safety, which made the throw longer and more difficult. And he missed it.  

Gee - I wonder why he doesn't trust him ?

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

Gee - I wonder why he doesn't trust him ?

It doesn't matter. That's the ******* point. 

Rodgers not throwing the ball on time led to the **** up.

Doubs ran it perfectly. Rodgers ****ed it up. That's the end of the conversation pertaining to this play. 

There is no "Doubs ran it perfectly, but Rodgers ****ed it up, but it's actually Doubs fault because 7 plays previously Doubs ran a 5 yard in rather than a 7 yard in." 

That's the ******* battered wife syndrome that you Rodgers simps have embraced. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

It doesn't matter. That's the ******* point. 

Rodgers not throwing the ball on time led to the **** up.

Doubs ran it perfectly. Rodgers ****ed it up. That's the end of the conversation pertaining to this play. 

There is no "Doubs ran it perfectly, but Rodgers ****ed it up, but it's actually Doubs fault because 7 plays previously Doubs ran a 5 yard in rather than a 7 yard in." 

That's the ******* battered wife syndrome that you Rodgers simps have embraced. 

It does matter and is absolutely the point. 

Typical garbage in bold. Exaggerate things to the maximum because you got nothing else