2022-2023 NBA GDT: The regular season is finally over!

11sanchez11

1 minute ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Eh, I feel like this is a reactionary position to own the annoying Jordan stans and LeBron haters. It's not indisputable whatsoever.

Agreed. When I think of GOAT, I think of who was the best when they were at their peak. LeBron's career has been amazing but breaking the scoring record was more about longevity than anything. Unless you previously thought Kareem was the GOAT, not sure tonight changes anything. 1-2 more championships would mean more for his legacy than the scoring record, IMO.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Agreed. When I think of GOAT, I think of who was the best when they were at their peak. LeBron's career has been amazing but breaking the scoring record was more about longevity than anything. Unless you previously thought Kareem was the GOAT, not sure tonight changes anything. 1-2 more championships would mean more for his legacy than the scoring record, IMO.

Yeah, no one sane will argue that MJ's legacy/narrative from the two threepeats can be topped. I don't blame people for thinking that **** doesn't matter and that LeBron is just better because he's better...but it's not like he has some slam dunk statistical case.

2 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

At the level Lebron continues to play at, load management being a thing now and just the overall longevity of his career, Lebron will most likely hold the scoring record longer than Kareem. 

That's the thing. If you're under 39 (like me) this may be the only scoring leader change in our lifetime.

• Like 1

Just now, Bullet Club said:

That's the thing. If you're under 39 (like me) this may be the only scoring leader change in our lifetime.

The one advantage that Luka has over LeBron is not entering the league when it was the slowest pace ever. But who knows, maybe when Luka's 40 the league'll become plodding and big again.

4 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Yeah, no one sane will argue that MJ's legacy/narrative from the two threepeats can be topped. I don't blame people for thinking that **** doesn't matter and that LeBron is just better because he's better...but it's not like he has some slam dunk statistical case.

The only statistical case he has is his longevity. But I think Jordan's status as the GOAT is basically set in stone because of his impact on culture and the world outside of basketball.

Just now, redsoxsuck05 said:

The one advantage that Luka has over LeBron is not entering the league when it was the slowest pace ever. But who knows, maybe when Luka's 40 the league'll become plodding and big again.

Luka is already over 2,000 points behind the pace.

2 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Luka is already over 2,000 points behind the pace.

He'll have to stay above 30 every year forever. At least LeBron leveled out at 27ish after he won his first scoring title, but he also came into the league a little younger and was more durable at the same age.

Edited by redsoxsuck05
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Assuming LeBron goes well over 40k, Luka would need 14-15 seasons of 30+ ppg to break it.