2022-2023 NBA GDT: The regular season is finally over!

11sanchez11

Put respect on the Kings name. I keep hearing the media saying IF the Lakers make the playoffs the Kings don’t want to see them. The Kings just dropped 176 in the same building the Lakers play in against a better defensive team. And that in a back to back.

As for the Clippers, I don’t understand why the pulled PG due to minutes restrictions when he played 40+ minutes already? I can understand if it was under 35 minutes but 49 minutes in OT in a game where it was up for grabs like he should’ve played the rest of the way. Even if it’s at the expense of resting him the next game. Just don’t make sense. But congrats to the Kings for winning. People are waiting for them to fall off and they are steady the 3 seed and winning. 

2 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

There have been 143 40 points games this year, the most for a season in the history of the NBA

What the actual reason for this? I’ve see some theories thrown about. The defense part I don’t buy really because defensive intensity has always been hit or miss. I heard one theory is that teams are just dumbing down their offense so it’s being ran through 1 player. Or is this just a statistical anomaly?

5 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

What the actual reason for this? I’ve see some theories thrown about. The defense part I don’t buy really because defensive intensity has always been hit or miss. I heard one theory is that teams are just dumbing down their offense so it’s being ran through 1 player. Or is this just a statistical anomaly?

I think it's a combo of a spike season, quality of the players, and understanding more about good and bad shots/efficiency.