Future of the HC Position

lumberjackchris

3 hours ago, Blaze said:

Just conversations until they get Gannon and Ryans in the building as their finalists. 

I hope so… I’ve been conditioned to think this franchise can have the obvious, easiest choice in front of them, only to pick a clearly difficult path forward.

Kafka would be incredibly underwhelming, as would Evero - and I hope the Texans understand that underwhelming is going to torpedo this effort before it ever starts.

10 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I hope so… I’ve been conditioned to think this franchise can have the obvious, easiest choice in front of them, only to pick a clearly difficult path forward.

Kafka would be incredibly underwhelming, as would Evero - and I hope the Texans understand that underwhelming is going to torpedo this effort before it ever starts.

I think in this case, Cal sees those empty seats and understands Demeco is the way to immediate positivity and ticket sales. 

• Like 3

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cn26ZXip9hF/?igshid=NDk5N2NlZjQ=

So - I’ve long theorized that Hannah McNair is getting more involved in the process. While she might not have football IQ, she is a savvy media mind and understands how to properly promote and grow a brand. 

I feel better that she’s Cal’s new voice of reason. She’s not overreaching like Jack East, but she has a baseline understanding of what makes someone likeable and marketable.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

So - I’ve long theorized that Hannah McNair is getting more involved in the process. While she might not have football IQ, she is a savvy media mind and understands how to properly promote and grow a brand. 

I feel better that she’s Cal’s new voice of reason. She’s not overreaching like Jack East, but she has a baseline understanding of what makes someone likeable and marketable.

When I see the two of them together, I think to myself “yep, he’s rich” 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

How do you think she landed Cal?? LOL... likeable & marketable

• Like 1

Demeco ryans emerges as a top candidate for Broncos

This doesn't mean to much to me. Says Demeco is a top candidate for Broncos job. My response is, well yea he is. He is a top candidate for Texans job as well. Its a difference between being "a" top candidate and "the" top candidate. Just like the draft, smokescreens are everywhere. Texans may not want to drop the ball and fail to hire the fan favorite who may also be the organization favorite. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blaze said:

Demeco ryans emerges as a top candidate for Broncos

This doesn't mean to much to me. Says Demeco is a top candidate for Broncos job. My response is, well yea he is. He is a top candidate for Texans job as well. Its a difference between being "a" top candidate and "the" top candidate. Just like the draft, smokescreens are everywhere. Texans may not want to drop the ball and fail to hire the fan favorite who may also be the organization favorite. 

I agree - ultimately, I think both teams will offer Ryans the job. It’s on him to determine which one he wants.

If he looks at Denver, he’ll see John Elway as an example of what he could be here - somebody who is uplifted to legendary status and is beyond reproach, even when mistakes are made. To say Ryans would have a long leash here with the fanbase would be an understatement; He could have been the HC during both the Lovie and Culley years and I doubt many would attack his lack of results. 

Texans offer a blank check, multiple premium picks over the next few years and a fanbase that will throw rose petals at his feet the minute he shows up. It SHOULD be an easy decision for him… but all decisions look easy when you’re on the outside looking in.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

Might get to ignore previous post... poster apparently is Denver-homer

Benjamin Albright used to be an FF.com member (Reality Check, I think?)

He was an idiot then, and… well, not much has changed.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ET80 said:
27 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

Might get to ignore previous post... poster apparently is Denver-homer

This being said, I’m prepping for life without DeMeco. Gannon, Streichen, Kafka and Evero are qualifying candidates who can win with the right team. 

It would be a nice story, but we’ll see.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

He is a Broncos insider. Their version of Pancakes who knows absolutely nothing. 

• Like 1