Future of the HC Position

lumberjackchris

11 minutes ago, ET80 said:

That’s a real shock right there, wow. Testament to what Dan Campbell is doing right now…

I always think of the politics of everything and not so much what coaches or players say. Johnson may have been waiting on the right job and instead of settling, decided to stay home. 

14 hours ago, PAtexansFAN_99 said:

He also might've been told no a few times and is trying to make it look less bad lol

See I agree with you.  The cynic in me says that may be (1) teams found him lacking (IIRC this is his 1st go round as a potential HC) or (2) something ain't right in Denmark

Edited by jch1911

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

The NFL DRAFT is difficult to predict. Stroud, Young, Richardson have just as much a possibility to bust as Will Anderson or Jalen Carter. What happens if Anderson turns into Clien Ferrell? What if Jalen Carter is the next Solomon Thomas? I ultimately get what you’re saying, but people are choosing against QBs as if these other positions don’t bust. They bust just as much, but it’s not talked about as much because QBs will always get more attention when they fail. 

Now - other side of the coin. What if the QBs at the top completely hit and turn into high level players? How bad does that look on Houston for passing on them, even if the non-QBs drafted do well?

And what if a 6th round pick considered the greatest QB of all time... and what if Mr. Irrelevant is leading a team on a deep playoff run (with the #3 overall pick watching in street clothes)...  I get it @ET80... really do.

I like Anthony Richardson.  I do.  More than the other QBs had the top of this draft. That's all I have to say about that (Forrest Gump!)

Also Ferrell?  IMHO had bust written all over him.  I was literally shocked because I thought NFL teams could see it too.  That being said, I was squarely in the Andre Dillard camp (esp. when I believed he had 35" arms).  Definitely not an exact science... it's why we are working on adding more analytics & gaming courses to our sport management program.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Blaze said:

I always think of the politics of everything and not so much what coaches or players say. Johnson may have been waiting on the right job and instead of settling, decided to stay home. 

Apparently Campbell calls plays in Detroit, so maybe Johnson gets a more duties and like you said waits in the right job