Time to Fire LaFleur, Gute, and Murphy And Burn The House Down

LLcheesehead12

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Is this a good year to have a top 12 or better draft pick?  I really have no clue.

I don't think we will have a ton of money in FA to fill in roster spots.  But I still feel like we have some good, young talent.  And we should have some cap room.

The reason I'm asking is this....is the draft good enough to keep the picks over trading for someone like Claypool or Jeudy (as Jeudy is rumored to be on the block).

Do you think this season is saved by Claypool or Jeudy? To be honest, I'm much closer to being a seller at the trade deadline than I am being a buyer.

2 hours ago, Pugger said:

There is a decent chance we gave AR that contract because they don't have a ton of faith in Love.  If this is the case Gute should be on the hot seat for over drafting Love instead.

With the draft capital we could have afforded to draft another QB as a safeguard. 

44 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

Sorry man, I just don't get this. I get the criticism of Rodgers in the playoff, it's well deserved. But you're essentially arguing that we'd be better off without the last two MVP seasons and the two NFCCG appearances, one of which (2020 vs TB) I'd argue was a coin flip game to go to the Super Bowl.

Did we win the Super Bowl? 

You seem happy being the runner-up in the NFC (1st loser). I want our MVP quarterback winning them. He's not winning another Super Bowl here, so the logical thing to do was to unload him, and we could have named our price, and reload. 

It's not rocket scienec. 

11 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Is this a good year to have a top 12 or better draft pick?  I really have no clue.

I don't think we will have a ton of money in FA to fill in roster spots.  But I still feel like we have some good, young talent.  And we should have some cap room.

The reason I'm asking is this....is the draft good enough to keep the picks over trading for someone like Claypool or Jeudy (as Jeudy is rumored to be on the block).

Doesn't appear to be too many standout players tbh. You have the QB from OSU but he's got some warts. The Alabama QB if you like diminutive quarterbacks. A beast DT from Georia and an O-lineman from Northwestern. 

Nothing too exciting IMO. Not a great year for EDGE rusher outside of #31 from Alabama, Will Anderson. He's top 5 for sure at this juncture. 

8 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

Do you think this season is saved by Claypool or Jeudy? To be honest, I'm much closer to being a seller at the trade deadline than I am being a buyer.

Well...no.  A WR doesn't change things all that much.  But it could.  The o-line looked better and it starts there.

But....my real question is whether or not we are better off, for the future, by trading for a guy like Jeudy or Claypool and giving up a pick, maybe as high as a second.  Keep that WR around as a "core" WR.

And I just personally like Jeudy.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

Man, what a ridiculous undisciplined team this is, and just completely looking like garbage out there.  Man, what the hell?  Can't hold it together against this garbage Commanders team.

I don't care about his early 39-10 record, that's fools gold.  He has no answers right now and is proving to be an awful coach who can't handle any adversity.  If we miss the playoffs, he needs to be canned immediately!!!

It's time we talked about the real problem. This team was fine until new ownership (me) stepped in and messed everything up. This team looks lazy and undisciplined, and you know the saying: attitude reflects leadership

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Did we win the Super Bowl? 

You seem happy being the runner-up in the NFC (1st loser). I want our MVP quarterback winning them. He's not winning another Super Bowl here, so the logical thing to do was to unload him, and we could have named our price, and reload. 

It's not rocket scienec. 

Oh, I certainly agree, using 20/20 hindsight we should have traded Rodgers for a kings ransom last February. When I read your original post, though, you seemed to be arguing that we should have traded him 4-5 years ago during that decline, which would have negated our lasted playoff runs. I wouldn't have been in favor of that.

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Well...no.  A WR doesn't change things all that much.  But it could.  The o-line looked better and it starts there.

But....my real question is whether or not we are better off, for the future, by trading for a guy like Jeudy or Claypool and giving up a pick, maybe as high as a second.  Keep that WR around as a "core" WR.

They would be crazy to give up Jeudy.  I don’t see getting him for a 2nd.

I would favor keeping the picks and going for a plug and play left tackle if one is available.   Bahktiari is looking more and more like a guy who won’t get back to what he was before the ACL injury.

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

The ball was in Aaron's court.  If you want to be angry, be angry that he didn't force his way out, which he easily could have done.

You don't trade an MVP quarterback.  If you wish to argue against this, find me a QB who was traded within a year of being MVP.  Then I'll listen.

Until then I'll maintain this...trading an MVP quarterback is something that kills a GM's career.  Not just his current job, but career.

Don't give me Wilson.  No MVP.  In fact, I don't think he's ever even received an MVP vote in his career.  

And yeah, I don't feel like this is hindsight from you at all.  Just pointing out that fact and being fair.  I admire convictions, right or wrong.

I hear you and respect your thoughts, but in this case trading an MVP quarterback who was 38 years old at his high market value was the right decision and the one I was for.  This was management's decision and they surely will be held accountable for their decision to re-sign him if we do not get going soon.  That huge contract binds us like a noose around our necks and will slow any rebuild for a year or two.  We might end up like New Orleans.  I voiced by desire to move on and get the rebuild going and trading him and Adams was the way to do it.  While their are no guarantees with draft picks, I was willing to roll the dice with Gute's picks as I think he does an ok job in the first round.  Plus, I thought that this team as configured could no longer really win the Super Bowl.  Now as it stands unless this team gets going fast, we will be lucky to finish with a .500% win-loss record this year.  I think the Packers, Buccaneers and Rams are showing this year how fast things can change.  Fans in New York are probably gleeful right now.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I get that line of thinking, but personally I think we win 3-4 more games this season as we currently stand, but we win 4-5 more games if we trade for Claypool or Jeudy. Neither scenario gets us to the playoffs, and by the time this team is out of the rebuild, Jeudy would be 27-28, which might be too old to make a large difference. I think I'd rather rebuild around Doubs and Watson.

1 minute ago, minnypackerfan said:

I hear you and respect your thoughts, but in this case trading an MVP quarterback who was 38 years old at his high market value was the right decision and the one I was for.  This was management's decision and they surely will be held accountable for their decision to re-sign him if we do not get going soon.  That huge contract binds us like a noose around our necks and will slow any rebuild for a year or two.  We might end up like New Orleans.  I voiced by desire to move on and get the rebuild going and trading him and Adams was the way to do it.  While their are no guarantees with draft picks, I was willing to roll the dice with Gute's picks as I think he does an ok job in the first round.  Plus, I thought that this team as configured could no longer really win the Super Bowl.  Now as it stands unless this team gets going fast, we will be lucky to finish with a .500% win-loss record this year.  I think the Packers, Buccaneers and Rams are showing this year how fast things can change.  Fans in New York are probably gleeful right now.  

Okay, I respect your thoughts as well.  Let me try to play this out for you.

Gute:  I'm going to trade Aaron Rodgers for a haul!

Board:  To hell you are.

Gute:  He's held us hostage, his value is insanely high and we haven't gotten to the big game with him in 12 years.

Board:  Okay.  So we are rolling with Love.  How do the coaches feel about him?

Gute:  Wellllllllllll.

Board:  Are we competing for a title this year with Love or not?

Gute:  Wellllllllll.

Board:  So you are telling us that it is time to rebuild.  Let's start with the GM.  Dismissed.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

They would be crazy to give up Jeudy.  I don’t see getting him for a 2nd.

I would favor keeping the picks and going for a plug and play left tackle if one is available.   Bahktiari is looking more and more like a guy who won’t get back to what he was before the ACL injury.

The paper in Denver has said that they are listening to offers for Chubb, Jeudy and Hamler.  For whatever that is worth.

5 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

I get that line of thinking, but personally I think we win 3-4 more games this season as we currently stand, but we win 4-5 more games if we trade for Claypool or Jeudy. Neither scenario gets us to the playoffs, and by the time this team is out of the rebuild, Jeudy would be 27-28, which might be too old to make a large difference. I think I'd rather rebuild around Doubs and Watson.

Here's a scenario.

We trade for Jeudy, give up whatever we are going to give up outside of a first.

Jeudy, Doubs and Watson grow together by playing games this season with Rodgers.  Rodgers likes that line up.

Comes back next year excited to see the growth with players he knows.

In other words, trading for a WR now may help Rodgers next year.  We know the cap stuff.  He's likely to be back.  Make the move now hoping it helps for next year.  Versus going the FA route and not having real on the field time with a new player....or even drafting a WR high again.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Okay, I respect your thoughts as well.  Let me try to play this out for you.

Gute:  I'm going to trade Aaron Rodgers for a haul!

Board:  To hell you are.

Gute:  He's held us hostage, his value is insanely high and we haven't gotten to the big game with him in 12 years.

Board:  Okay.  So we are rolling with Love.  How do the coaches feel about him?

Gute:  Wellllllllllll.

Board:  Are we competing for a title this year with Love or not?

Gute:  Wellllllllll.

Board:  So you are telling us that it is time to rebuild.  Let's start with the GM.  Dismissed.

Unless the board has started to meddle a lot more, I really don't think this would have been the case. Especially since Murphy makes that call.

The case they could have/should make in this instance would be:

-Rodgers value would never be higher
-We can't keep both Rodgers and Adams
-Adams doesn't want to stay
-We will see what we have with Love
-If we fail, this is a QB rich draft, and we will have the ammo to get one
-If we succeed, there are plenty of other positions we can grab, plus we will have a lot of money to make moves