Time to Fire LaFleur, Gute, and Murphy And Burn The House Down

LLcheesehead12

5 hours ago, JaireAlex said:

Doesn't matter. You're the GM. You've needed a starting RT and a number one WR since 2018, and you squandered innumerable draft picks not only being cute and caving to the coaches, but also misevaluating talent. 2020 was THE draft that puts you in the SB and you go QB2, RB3, HB: absolutely inexcusable from anyone who worked for TT and Wolf. Plus you kick your QB out and piss him off. Nothing against Quay, but you can't grab a first round ilb when you don't have a starting RT: nine oline picked in the last three drafts and you can't get a third guy out there to start (Tom is light: watch his one on one snaps when the ball was out in 1.5 secs).

Needed a #1 WR and RT since 2018?  What team were you watching?  We had the best WR in the NFL in Davante Adams and a very solid RT in Billy Turner.  Calling AJ Dillon RB3 is just as bad a take.  This is a really bad post, and you should feel bad for it.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, cannondale said:

MLF may have fooled me. I was pissed early because I was sure that first draft was heavily influenced by him. Love was Marcus Mariota, Dillon was Derrick Henry, and Deguara was Delani Walker. The Packers were gonna be the Titans. It was gonna be a snoozefest on offense.

Fast forward - after a few years of being fooled and here we are. Poor mans Titans. Dillon isn't as good as Henry, Deguara isn't as good as Walker, and the defense isn't as good as those Titan teams. But we are the Titans.  MLF refuses to give Jones carries and forces Dillon reps. MLF gets Watson and says thanks I'll use him as a motion piece. Doubs isn't catching the ball on the run or stacking guys as he should be used. I'm gonna have to go back and look to see if those Titan teams were all screen passes and no effin gas.

Food for thought.

I think you're looking at this incorrectly.

Dillon was never meant to be Derrick Henry (one of the few bell cow backs in the league). He was meant to be the complimentary piece to Aaron Jones in a system where they each get 160+ carries. Deguara was meant to be Kyle Juszczyk in terms of role, not Delanie Walker. I don't think he was ever meant to be that type of receiving threat. Moreso just be that jack of all trades H-Back.

Deguara suffered the torn ACL year 1 and never really has gotten trust from Rodgers.

Dillon actually looked like he had it last year and has now taken a step back.

Edited by Striker

5 minutes ago, Striker said:

I think you're looking at this incorrectly.

Dillon was never meant to be Derrick Henry (one of the few bell cow backs in the league). He was meant to be the complimentary piece to Aaron Jones in a system where they each get 160+ carries. Deguara was meant to be Kyle Juszczyk in terms of role, not Delanie Walker. I don't think he was ever meant to be that type of receiving threat. Moreso just be that jack of all trades H-Back.

Deguara suffered the torn ACL year 1 and never really has gotten trust from Rodgers.

Dillon actually looked like he had it last year and has now taken a step back.

I agree with this

It actually makes it all so much worse.

But you have to remember I am hardcore Aaron Defense Syndrome Squad. He can do no wrong is the motto we tattoo on our foreheads. So, I hope that helps you understand why I don't love all things Gute, and am not properly in sync with the Green Koolaid and Gold colored Glasses Club.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JaireAlex said:

You've needed a starting RT and a number one WR since 2018, and you squandered innumerable draft picks not only being cute and caving to the coaches, but also misevaluating talent. 2020 was THE draft that puts you in the SB and you go QB2, RB3

What's life like in your world where Davante Adams is #2 WR (at best) and Patrick Taylor is ahead of AJ Dillon?

Seems like it must suck.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Needed a #1 WR and RT since 2018?  What team were you watching?  We had the best WR in the NFL in Davante Adams and a very solid RT in Billy Turner.  Calling AJ Dillon RB3 is just as bad a take.  This is a really bad post, and you should feel bad for it.

Beat me to it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

What's life like in your world where Davante Adams is #2 WR (at best) and Patrick Taylor is ahead of AJ Dillon?

Seems like it must suck.

Where did I put Davante Adams at number 2. I thought I wrote that in 2022 we don't have a one, and I saw team's whose three would be our one. But maybe I miswrote the year.

It's really hard to crack the Trust-in-Gute-Rodgers-Sucks Club around here.

41 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

You draft for the future. And I guess I call Adams, Nelson, Driver "ones." Maybe others disagree. Not just that, but if you really want to get a little edge deep in the playoffs, you might consider that the Packers and most teams try to have two threats at WR. Sometimes GB had this weird idea they needed three. I know, pretty stupid and short sighted.

But you can "have" a one and still need a "one". But, maybe I spoke out of line and we just want to keep winning the division and have a nice playoff run year after year.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JaireAlex said:

Doesn't matter. You're the GM. You've needed a starting RT and a number one WR since 2018, and you squandered innumerable draft picks

30 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

Where did I put Davante Adams at number 2. I thought I wrote that in 2022 we don't have a one, and I saw team's whose three would be our one. But maybe I miswrote the year.

By stating GB needed a #1 WR, that puts Adams as not a #1WR.

• Like 1

Doesn't matter. You're the GM. You've needed a starting RT and a number one WR since 2018, and you squandered innumerable draft picks

31 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

31 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

25 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

You draft for the future. And I guess I call Adams, Nelson, Driver "ones." Maybe others disagree. Not just that, but if you really want to get a little edge deep in the playoffs, you might consider that the Packers and most teams try to have two threats at WR. Sometimes GB had this weird idea they needed three. I know, pretty stupid and short sighted.

But you can "have" a one and still need a "one". But, maybe I spoke out of line and we just want to keep winning the division and have a nice playoff run year after year.

Very true, we had a #1 wide out but never really a solid # 2 over the last few years . it seems that we haven't had a quick twitch who knows how to get open aside from Adams in quite awhile ! Lets not get started on our TE's. And this might be a reach but wr Rodgers was to be a copy of Deebo , we have been trying to emulate San Fran without much success! Lefraud  should figure out his own path . he's not a good coach ! Riding a coattail of a hall of fame QB!

• Like 1

Just now, mtsportsfan1 said:

Very true, we had a #1 wide out but never really a solid # 2 over the last few years . it seems that we haven't had a quick twitch who knows how to get open aside from Adams in quite awhile ! Lets not get started on our TE's. And this might be a reach but wr Rodgers was to be a copy of Deebo , we have been trying to emulate San Fran without much success! Lefraud  should figure out his own path . he's not a good coach ! Riding a coattail of a hall of fame QB!

I hope not. I thought he was an attempt at Cobb 2.0

Honestly, I don't get what the FO was doing, but if it's what folks are saying here -- and it has crossed my mind but I don't want to believe it -- I'm doubling down on pulling whatever levers they need to do to help out the offense. Listening right now to AR on the McAfee show. He's still very hopeful for this team, and I trust his judgement. He's not in R-E-L-A-X mode, but he sees a path out. I can see where he's coming from. Still, it really depends on this entire Oline getting and staying healthy.

(And I can get why people don't like AR, but it doesn't bother me. He's not your typical QB1 mentality.)

1 hour ago, JaireAlex said:

I hope not. I thought he was an attempt at Cobb 2.0

Honestly, I don't get what the FO was doing, but if it's what folks are saying here -- and it has crossed my mind but I don't want to believe it -- I'm doubling down on pulling whatever levers they need to do to help out the offense. Listening right now to AR on the McAfee show. He's still very hopeful for this team, and I trust his judgement. He's not in R-E-L-A-X mode, but he sees a path out. I can see where he's coming from. Still, it really depends on this entire Oline getting and staying healthy.

(And I can get why people don't like AR, but it doesn't bother me. He's not your typical QB1 mentality.)

I think the reason Rodgers is disliked is he just has a very different personality than Brett, and .... occasionally it can come off as a bit snarky.  Not sure if it's just him being from Cali where sometimes that personality is more prevalent, and Brett having that southern backwoods Mississippi persona that just caught on better here, or just that over the years Rodgers alienated people when his performance dipped.  Either way, I just think he'll always be polarizing, I support him but some never will.

I think Rodgers's "Simplify" statement was an attempt to duplicate the "R-E-L-A-X" and "Run the Table" statements.  But with this junked up injury depleted WR group and our awful head coach, it just may not be enough.

Meantime .... Obviously LaFleur has an out for this game in Buffalo even if we lose 55-0 or something (which god help us no but doesn't actually seem far off from something that could happen).  But if we lose to Detroit in the game after, the massive house cleaning and purge must happen with all three dunderheads in Murphy, Gute and LaFleur getting tossed.  No excuses for that and it must not be allowed to pollute our beloved titletown.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

But if we lose to Detroit in the game after, the massive house cleaning and purge must happen with all three dunderheads in Murphy, Gute and LaFleur getting tossed.  No excuses for that and it must not be allowed to pollute our beloved titletown.

It will happen. I don't think a lot of folks see it coming.

AR thinks this season has a shot. We'll see how it ends up. 

I really gotta tag the last two playoff outs on coaches (and moreso FO). disappointing. But it has been a great thirty plus year run: fair weather pretty much the whole time.

1 hour ago, JaireAlex said:
1 hour ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

But if we lose to Detroit in the game after, the massive house cleaning and purge must happen with all three dunderheads in Murphy, Gute and LaFleur getting tossed.  No excuses for that and it must not be allowed to pollute our beloved titletown.

Amazing how one man's incredible talent can/did make so many other positions/jobs look easy. That is the power of a franchise QB.

• Like 1