Time to Fire LaFleur, Gute, and Murphy And Burn The House Down

LLcheesehead12

31 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

Probably safe to say that a decision like that involves getting approval from Murphy, Gute, and MLF. 

I believe that too.  It was a big decision.  I also believe if there was faith in Jordan Love, Rodgers would have been traded.  The Rodgers signing bought some time to find a QB.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Striker said:

Unless the board has started to meddle a lot more, I really don't think this would have been the case. Especially since Murphy makes that call.

The case they could have/should make in this instance would be:

-Rodgers value would never be higher
-We can't keep both Rodgers and Adams
-Adams doesn't want to stay
-We will see what we have with Love
-If we fail, this is a QB rich draft, and we will have the ammo to get one
-If we succeed, there are plenty of other positions we can grab, plus we will have a lot of money to make moves

Not saying you are wrong, just playing Devil's Advocate here.

No Rodgers value would have been higher when he was younger.  Say 32 or so.  His value is diminished because of his age.  He would not have gotten a Wilson type haul, just due to age.  

We could have kept Rodgers and Adams.  We had Rodgers.  We offered Adams more money than what he left for.  It was possible.  (Losing Douglas, Campbell and maybe someone else.)

They know what they have in Love.  That's why Rodgers is still here.

If we fail....that's a phrase that should get a GM canned.

QB rich draft.  Always a crap shoot.  Plenty of Trubisky's for every Mahomes.

It's "when we succeed".  :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

My bad, For some reason I was thinking Waddle and not Jeudy.  Sorry.

For the record, I feel they would be crazy to trade Jeudy, too.  When I watch him release and run routes, it is hard to not see Davante.

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Not saying you are wrong, just playing Devil's Advocate here.

No Rodgers value would have been higher when he was younger.  Say 32 or so.  His value is diminished because of his age.  He would not have gotten a Wilson type haul, just due to age.  

We could have kept Rodgers and Adams.  We had Rodgers.  We offered Adams more money than what he left for.  It was possible.  (Losing Douglas, Campbell and maybe someone else.)

They know what they have in Love.  That's why Rodgers is still here.

If we fail....that's a phrase that should get a GM canned.

QB rich draft.  Always a crap shoot.  Plenty of Trubisky's for every Mahomes.

It's "when we succeed".  :)

I'm not sure I'm sold on Gute picking  QBs.  He was here when TT picked Hundley, TT had final say, but I'm sure Gute had at least some input.  Gute traded for Kizer who was a bust.  Had reported interest in drafting Drew Lock, and then drafted Love.  

Not a great QB track record.  It's not easy finding QBs but I have some concerns about finding the next QB.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Here's a scenario.

We trade for Jeudy, give up whatever we are going to give up outside of a first.

Jeudy, Doubs and Watson grow together by playing games this season with Rodgers.  Rodgers likes that line up.

Comes back next year excited to see the growth with players he knows.

In other words, trading for a WR now may help Rodgers next year.  We know the cap stuff.  He's likely to be back.  Make the move now hoping it helps for next year.  Versus going the FA route and not having real on the field time with a new player....or even drafting a WR high again.

I just can't fathom how we could afford to pay another star without becoming the New Orleans Saints front office and just issuing void years out the wahzooo

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Doesn't appear to be too many standout players tbh. You have the QB from OSU but he's got some warts. The Alabama QB if you like diminutive quarterbacks. A beast DT from Georia and an O-lineman from Northwestern. 

Nothing too exciting IMO. Not a great year for EDGE rusher outside of #31 from Alabama, Will Anderson. He's top 5 for sure at this juncture. 

Get his teammate Jaxon Smith-Njigba if he decides to go pro this year

32 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

I'm not sure I'm sold on Gute picking  QBs.  He was here when TT picked Hundley, TT had final say, but I'm sure Gute had at least some input.  Gute traded for Kizer who was a bust.  Had reported interest in drafting Drew Lock, and then drafted Love.  

Not a great QB track record.  It's not easy finding QBs but I have some concerns about finding the next QB.

QB, WR and TE .... All positions that Gute is an incompetent boob at finding talent at

3 hours ago, Isherwood said:

Dangerously close to agreeing with every word of this, but especially the Joe Barry thing, which may end up cooking them all. That was a bad hire from day 1, sight unseen. Maybe the worst move in the LaFleur era, and that’s even including paying a 38 year old QB the fattest contract in NFL history or whatever it was 

Lafluer did good with the hiring in his initial year. Its all worst from there. 

Lafluer is a great coach who does lots of hard work for Game day and extremely smart with some of those decisions he take on how to run the program, thus the reason why we don't have injury bugs most of his time. 

But as Titans fans said during his hire, he was a pretty average play caller who don't do proper adjustments in game. 

I see a reason why Packers had hired him, but Titans fans said truth as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

People are faulting re-signing the back to back MVP? It hasn't worked out but it was the right and only move to make. 

I think the bigger problem is the cost, and the fact that Rodgers himself claimed he didn't need that money.

Personally though I think the biggest problem is that Gute has badly mismanaged the WR, TE and OL position by drafting hacks in those positions that are already no longer on this team.  Now we're having to start from ground zero at two of those positions this season and next year, and it's his fault.

But Matt LaFleur's playbook also stinks now that Adams isn't here to make it look better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

People are faulting re-signing the back to back MVP? It hasn't worked out but it was the right and only move to make. 

You aren't wrong. You had to do it.

It doesn't mean I can't be unhappy about it and the future of all this either right?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Well...no.  A WR doesn't change things all that much.  But it could.  The o-line looked better and it starts there.

But....my real question is whether or not we are better off, for the future, by trading for a guy like Jeudy or Claypool and giving up a pick, maybe as high as a second.  Keep that WR around as a "core" WR.

And I just personally like Jeudy.

Yeah. Oline did look better, and that's with three guys playing all new positions. WRs going down left and right does not help this offense. Doubs had a horrible game -- hope he bounces back, but I definitely get why AR wants to "simplify" the game: do a few things really well first, and it'll stop all the missed reads / assignments. Doubs esp has too much on his plate and it really showed in this game.

I actually think this offense can come back. I see a lot of potential in the new line up.

Adding a healthy experienced WR can go a long way to helping this offense to dominance, which hinges entirely on improvement in line play. The only question, then, is can we fix the DC????

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jaire_Island said:

Lafluer did good with the hiring in his initial year. Its all worst from there. 

Except for Mennenga.  He stunk on him and Maurice Drayton which ruined our special teams almost to worse than they were under Zook, and so far Bisaccia hasn't fixed them either.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Here's a scenario.

We trade for Jeudy, give up whatever we are going to give up outside of a first.

Jeudy, Doubs and Watson grow together by playing games this season with Rodgers.  Rodgers likes that line up.

Comes back next year excited to see the growth with players he knows.

In other words, trading for a WR now may help Rodgers next year.  We know the cap stuff.  He's likely to be back.  Make the move now hoping it helps for next year.  Versus going the FA route and not having real on the field time with a new player....or even drafting a WR high again.

Yeah. This is true.

If you have Rodgers for 2-3 more years, the next couple drafts do NOT help very much. This is a young and very talented team right now with not many needs tbh. We don't know who we have on the oline yet, but I don't think it needs a lot to be a solid group down the road. Anyways, those picks will be post-Rodgers era, and your window is now: it's pretty clear we need some WR help this year, maybe not so much next. oh yeah......and I think I'd give up a pick for a new DC before a WR.