Time to Fire LaFleur, Gute, and Murphy And Burn The House Down

LLcheesehead12

On 10/23/2022 at 6:21 PM, LLcheesehead12 said:

LaFleur ain't no excellent coach.  Might have had a little run going for a bit there in 2019 and mostly 2020

I like how your definition of a "little run" is also the most successful run by any coach in NFL history. 

Edited by oldmansmell
  • Like 1

On 10/24/2022 at 11:21 AM, NFLGURU said:

I'm not sure I'm sold on Gute picking  QBs.  He was here when TT picked Hundley, TT had final say, but I'm sure Gute had at least some input.  Gute traded for Kizer who was a bust.  Had reported interest in drafting Drew Lock, and then drafted Love.  

Not a great QB track record.  It's not easy finding QBs but I have some concerns about finding the next QB.

I think anyone who thinks they can produce a HOF Qb is kidding themselves. What Gute is doing well is picking QB's with arm talent, which is the best gamble IMO to live by. Mahomes, Allen, and Herbert... gambles on arm talent. Living with Zappe is playing the 1/1,000 chance that he is Tom Brady. It's more like 1/100 if he can hit every throw on the tree.

Another layer that I can't get over. 

What does it say to the locker room that we are at Week 8 and they are likely to run Amari Rodgers out there again ? Or that it took until Week 7 for Newman to be benched ? Or that it took until Week 7 for OL changes that a 4 year old could have successfully suggested in Week 2 ? Week 4 for the defense to play more man coverage when the same 4 year old knows that's what you should have been running Week 1 ? Week 8 and we are still hearing about lack of Jones' touches only now we are hearing excuses for it ? Week 8 and they can't get a WR to run a correct route ?

MLF keeps spewing about a player led locker room. Maybe he should get off his azz and set the tone. Ron Wolf used to say that he would bring in guys daily to work out just so guys were reminded that they need to perform. Where is the need to perform ? Newman probably looks across the locker room at Amari and feels the need to ask for a raise. At what point do some players look across the room and say to themselves "why should I bother killing myself to excel when atrocious is good enough ?" Probably 3 weeks ago.

Stop talking about being held accountable and show it. 

• Like 2

On 10/25/2022 at 9:39 AM, Pugger said:

But do we really have a choice right now?  Cobb is out for who knows how long, Watson's hammy is still acting up, Lazard's arm is in a sling and Watkins is as fragile as fine crystal.  

I can see your point, for sure. I guess my original point was that people have pinned their playoff hopes on Jeudy, Claypool, etc. I don't think we save our playoff hopes with those guys. And I wouldn't really want to trade much draft capital just to save a 7 win season. For that reason, I'd probably just ride through this stretch with no moves.

2 hours ago, pgwingman said:

I can see your point, for sure. I guess my original point was that people have pinned their playoff hopes on Jeudy, Claypool, etc. I don't think we save our playoff hopes with those guys. And I wouldn't really want to trade much draft capital just to save a 7 win season. For that reason, I'd probably just ride through this stretch with no moves.

Their ability alone might not, but adding them might be enough to make our pouty QB play better. Which makes a huge difference.

If the Phillies win the World Series it will be because they changed managers midseason.

That should be the impetus to fire LaFleur before the season ends depending on how the team does while the World Series is in progress.

22 minutes ago, pf9 said:

If the Phillies win the World Series it will be because they changed managers midseason.

That should be the impetus to fire LaFleur before the season ends depending on how the team does while the World Series is in progress.

Every NFL team should fire their HC then, right?

43 minutes ago, pf9 said:

The next mid-season replacement to lead his team to the Super Bowl will be the first 

• Like 2

I noticed Aaron Rodgers hasn't been sipping water during interviews these past few weeks. And he said he tells his receivers "don't be a robot". That is exactly what a robot would say trying to act human!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, svp said:

I noticed Aaron Rodgers hasn't been sipping water during interviews these past few weeks. And he said he tells his receivers "don't be a robot". That is exactly what a robot would say trying to act human!!

He's right. Just a sneaky way to tell them they have hands of steel

13 hours ago, pf9 said:

Lure nathanial hackett back by offering him MLFs job!!!1!!1