Time to Fire LaFleur, Gute, and Murphy And Burn The House Down

LLcheesehead12

1 hour ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

Don't care because that does nothing to change my mind about wanting LaFleur and his awful coaching staff fired and does nothing to make him into a good coach.

...I'm gonna ignore facts because of my blind hatred.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

And you sir live in the reality that your head is so far up LaFleur's *** that you can't get it out

It really isn't.

Here's just another little factoid about that great chiefs team for you to ruminate on. Spagnuolos defenses are about as average or worse than Barry's defenses over the last 5 years. 

So either Reid has hired a very mid to bad DC or their talent is worse than ours on defense.

1 hour ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

And you sir live in the reality that your head is so far up LaFleur's *** that you can't get it out

You should be excited about this team. I'd be concerned about Barry, but the offense is young and LaFleur is running a good offense. There is going to be growing pains but be optimistic about the team.

I fully expect Barry to be gone after this year if it's the same old with the defense.

On 4/7/2023 at 2:51 AM, LLcheesehead12 said:

The Packet fan base as a whole I think got critical of Thompson in his last years here.  I actually liked him even without the benefit of hindsight because at least he helped build some of our best offenses ever.  I think the real problems were:

1. His health deteriorated somewhere around 2015-2017 and it was worse than we thought

2. Dom Capers wasn't fired soon enough and ended up ruining most of his defensive players

One thing is for sure now that Rodgers is likely headed to NY, this roster is now pretty much all Gute with Jones, Bakh and Clark I believe being the only remaining Thompson players.  Upcoming season is a referendum on him and LaFleur, and he must deliver on getting a no. 2 WR to pair with Watson, kick Deguara outta here and get a real TE, and get a viable backup for Bakh in case he's injury limited again.  Failure on those counts and a failure of Love to perform and it's buh bye.

How could Capers ruin talent he rarely had, Thompson rest his soul missed on tons of high drafted defensive players the last 10 years, Capers did more with less then either of Pettine and certainly Barry, Hyde and Hayward while here didn't beat out the players in front of them, and often players tend to have a production leap for there new teams.

I do blame Matt Lafleur for retaining Barry, he had ample opportunity to make a change last off season, I also question some of his play calling at times, but he is a product of how this team has been built, the time to start rebuilding the WR position was actually years late.

and I question the decision to even Draft a RB like Dillon, Lafleur said prior he wanted more outside stretch, and it should be obvious to all that is not what Dillon is built for, he is a inside zone RB, we also now use far more M&M blocking schemes, which means more decision making for the RB's, and thinking is for practice, if ya have to think during a game ya should be a spectator.

I'am not ready for a full house cleaning as yet, but I've run out of patience with Barry.

4 minutes ago, turf toe said:

How could Capers ruin talent he rarely had, Thompson rest his soul missed on tons of high drafted defensive players the last 10 years, Capers did more with less then either of Pettine and certainly Barry, Hyde and Hayward while here didn't beat out the players in front of them, and often players tend to have a production leap for there new teams.

I do blame Matt Lafleur for retaining Barry, he had ample opportunity to make a change last off season, I also question some of his play calling at times, but he is a product of how this team has been built, the time to start rebuilding the WR position was actually years late.

and I question the decision to even Draft a RB like Dillon, Lafleur said prior he wanted more outside stretch, and it should be obvious to all that is not what Dillon is built for, he is a inside zone RB, we also now use far more M&M blocking schemes, which means more decision making for the RB's, and thinking is for practice, if ya have to think during a game ya should be a spectator.

I'am not ready for a full house cleaning as yet, but I've run out of patience with Barry.

Yes and retaining Barry is a fireable offense highlighting the tire fire defense here, and LaFleur is too stubborn to fire him.  So I say clean the house out.

51 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

It really isn't.

Here's just another little factoid about that great chiefs team for you to ruminate on. Spagnuolos defenses are about as average or worse than Barry's defenses over the last 5 years. 

So either Reid has hired a very mid to bad DC or their talent is worse than ours on defense.

OK, but do the Chiefs defense give up the big play game killers we do, are they last in the league stopping the run as we often are, do there DB's allow 10 yrd cushions on 3rd down? etc.etc.etc.

first we fire Capers, simply to make a change, then hire a Pettine, who basically brought the blueprint to what Dom had been doing, only with a fresh set of edge rushers, now with the defense completely made new with fresh talent Barry can't seem to motivate the guys to play tough, tackle, or cover respectably, talk about snake bit, we use high picks almost every draft on defense, and we continue to rank bottom 1/3rd in the league.

9 minutes ago, turf toe said:

I do believe the coaching staff and FO looked at this year as a throw away season to get a good judgement on the young guys. This off-season, the Packers DC position should be a lot more attractive to potential candidates. Leonard or Saleh would be heaven sent.

7 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

Yes and retaining Barry is a fireable offense highlighting the tire fire defense here, and LaFleur is too stubborn to fire him.  So I say clean the house out.

You sound a lot like a guy who's never had to be accountable for personnel decisions in his life. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mdpackfan22 said:

I do believe the coaching staff and FO looked at this year as a throw away season to get a good judgement on the young guys. This off-season, the Packers DC position should be a lot more attractive to potential candidates. Leonard or Saleh would be heaven sent.

you may be right, if so I tend to be in LL Cheeseheads corner, if that where the case switching DC's would have been wise that way he'd have this throw away season to get a read on the talent he has.

all along, even with all the youth, I felt this team was play off caliber, the defense simply needed to play up to the talent aboard, and I think our FO felt the same way, so Barry coming out game planning this meltdown is very disappointing to not only us, but I think also our GM and coaches

11 minutes ago, turf toe said:

OK, but do the Chiefs defense give up the big play game killers we do, are they last in the league stopping the run as we often are, do there DB's allow 10 yrd cushions on 3rd down? etc.etc.etc.

first we fire Capers, simply to make a change, then hire a Pettine, who basically brought the blueprint to what Dom had been doing, only with a fresh set of edge rushers, now with the defense completely made new with fresh talent Barry can't seem to motivate the guys to play tough, tackle, or cover respectably, talk⁷ about snake bit, we use high picks almost every draft on defense, and we continue to rank bottom 1/3rd in the league.

You're not going to catch me defending Barry beyond saying he's got a similar ranking to Spags.

Just pointing out Spags isn't a genius.. though props to him for figuring out a way to get his guys up for the playoffs consistently.

The opening argument here is gute can't find talent and MLF is a bad coach. This is a talented squad but young.  And MLF has his faults but all of them do.

Edited by HighCalebR

9 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

You're not going to catch me defending Barry beyond saying he's got a similar ranking to Spags.

Just pointing out Spags isn't a genius.. though props to him for figuring out a way to get his guys up for the playoffs consistently.

The opening argument here is gute can't find talent and MLF is a bad coach. This is a talented squad but young.  And MLF has his faults but all of them do.

ya, I didn't mean that you where defending Barry, and Gute has made some very good draft picks, and Lafleur for the most part has called some very good games, short of his decision to hire Barry and then to retain him is my only major complaint

• Like 1