Time to Fire LaFleur, Gute, and Murphy And Burn The House Down

LLcheesehead12

Nobody cares about your grievances. 

You start out by comparing Rodgers 3rd contract and what the Packers do/did to Mahomes 1st contract and what KC was able to afford. 

Nothing after that matters because you're out of touch with reality and finances of the NFL salary cap. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

The Chiefs have maximized the first 5 years of Mahomes taking over as QB better than we did with Rodgers during his first five years.  Now why is that?  Could be a number of things.

so you are asking for the current GB leadership of MLF, Gutekunst and Murphy to be fired for the "failure" of how GB didn't maximize Rodgers' first 5 years  like KC did with Mahomes.....yet none of those 3 were in their current position during Rodgers' first 5 years.  

If you can't lay out a comparison that is relatable from the start, the rest of your "points" can't really be taken seriously

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

Not a threat, just a statement that no one will ever be able to convince me that LaFleur is a good head coach.  Simple as that.

Anyway, here's more of a measured take on why I don't like Gute and LaFleur and why KC is brought up in comparison and why I'd prefer we do a more similar approach to them.

The Chiefs have maximized the first 5 years of Mahomes taking over as QB better than we did with Rodgers during his first five years.  Now why is that?  Could be a number of things.

1. Mahomes overall either being better or just less flawed than Rodgers -- could be.  Now I think both have some similar skills, and sure Mahomes has done better in the playoffs than Rodgers at times, but he has had his flaws on display there too.  Also besides Tom Brady, I'd say just about every good QB out there whether it's been Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Phillip Rivers, Aaron Rodgers, Patrick Mahomes, Joe Burrow or Josh Allen, they all got flaws and have playoff games with bad outings in there to point to.

2. Obviously everyone's got their own opinions on Andy Reid and what kind of coach he is.  I guess for me I just don't care as much about what happened with him with Donovan McNabb, Michael Vick, and Alex Smith because those guys were always coming up short of getting the job done with their other teams as well as with Reid so ... yeah.  Just feels like whatever bonks Reid has had in the playoffs, Mike McCarthy and Matt LaFleur always find ways to be worse.

3. Seems like I keep hearing this argument about our front office using whatever you would call the current approach, and going all in to win more superbowls.  I keep on hearing people say things like going all in means that the trade off could be your team will then stink on the other side.  So our only other option is we just gotta wait every 14-15 years between Superbowl wins in the current system because that's the only other choice there is.  I don't buy it!  That's a false premise presenting two false choices, and I think what KC has done in these last five years has blown a hole in that narrative.

Now let's be clear.  We were never going to be winning superbowls every year with Rodgers.  KC does not win SBs every year with Mahomes either.  But they do seem to figure things out between Andy Reid and his staff, or Brett Veach in the front office making calculated choices that help them restock and reload every time they lose playoff games or lose players where they're at least getting back in the SB and bringing home the bacon once every four years or so.  Now at that current rate, Mahomes won't break Tom Brady's record, but hell even if he ended his career with 3 SBs, it'd feel like success compared to what we've done with both Favre and Rodgers.

And I think for me the issue is, if the Jordan Love era is to be the same thing ... 1 quarterback 1 Superbowl win, then that's not success to me.  I feel like Rodgers not winning more than one Superbowl wasn't simply because he was flawed which he was.  It also had to do with Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy constantly pounding away at the same old square pegs in the round holes and not learning from mistakes like in Thompson's case drafting guys Datone Jones and HHCD, and in McCarthy's case screwing up games like 2014 in Seattle.  Hindsight 2020, and I was against it at the time, but I do wonder now what would have happened had both of them been fired after that game.

I just don't think the front office and coaches learned from that Seattle game, and similarly I don't think Gute and LaFleur have learned much from those aggravating losses to SF.  Now I think Jordan Love could win 3 SBs or so with the KC front office approach and coaching staff approach, but not with the Gute and LaFleur approach, and I do believe if we changed our MO and started firing both GMs and head coaches when 2014 Seattle or 2021 SF losses happen, it'd send a message to the next guys that we want all in approaches the way that KC does it, and it doesn't allow future head coaches to think it's all good when they find ways to blow Superbowl opportunities that are sitting right in front of them.

*I got this far into the post before I learned that you are missing very key points in your argument.

**Remember that Rodgers was so bad his first few years here that he was called a busted draft pick.  He was no where near as pro ready or quickly elite as Mahomes was.  So really, the idea of maximizing Mahomes' rookie deal, compared to Rodgers is just plain silly.

Yeah, now I read a little more and realized that I'm out.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Nobody cares about your grievances. 

You start out by comparing Rodgers 3rd contract and what the Packers do/did to Mahomes 1st contract and what KC was able to afford. 

Nothing after that matters because you're out of touch with reality and finances of the NFL salary cap. 

I loved the part about it being a failure if Jordan Love "only" wins one Super Bowl.  Jesus.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

*I got this far into the post before I learned that you are missing very key points in your argument.

**Remember that Rodgers was so bad his first few years here that he was called a busted draft pick.  He was no where near as pro ready or quickly elite as Mahomes was.  So really, the idea of maximizing Mahomes' rookie deal, compared to Rodgers is just plain silly.

I didn't make it past the bolded.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Missed nothing, the words "Taking over as QB" means as a starter from 2008 and beyond, not sitting on the bench while Brett Favre is still here.

1 hour ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

Not a threat, just a statement that no one will ever be able to convince me that LaFleur is a good head coach.  Simple as that.

Anyway, here's more of a measured take on why I don't like Gute and LaFleur and why KC is brought up in comparison and why I'd prefer we do a more similar approach to them.

Yes. Mahomes is a better QB than Rodgers and Reid is a better HC than McCarthy