Time to Fire LaFleur, Gute, and Murphy And Burn The House Down

LLcheesehead12

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

We'll see. Really don't know what they're thinking coming out of this season.

Hopefully Aaron makes it easy for them and asks for a trade.  Then the Packers don't have to look like the bad guy.  That seems to be something the Packers definitely want to avoid. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Norm said:

Why do you keeps keep bothering with those 3-4 guys lol. You know that link will do nothing

Of course it does, it proves my point that Gute had to withdraw his name from that job because Lynch blew him out by a mile.  And I'm pretty sure 9er fans are extremely happy he didn't get it.

4 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

Of course it does, it proves my point that Gute had to withdraw his name from that job because Lynch blew him out by a mile.  And I'm pretty sure 9er fans are extremely happy he didn't get it.

Imma go with "what would LL say if this were Gute's record as GM" for $1000

6 10 0 .375 0 0  
2018 San Francisco 49ers NFL General Manager 4 12 0 .250      
2019 San Francisco 49ers NFL General Manager 13 3 0 .813 2 1 Lost SB
2020 San Francisco 49ers NFL General Manager 6 10 0 .375 0 0  
2021 San Francisco 49ers NFL General Manager 10 7
  • Like 6

Rodgers has had a pretty affordable contract in 2022, and has a pretty affordable number in 2023.  It's god awful beyond these two years. 

I don't really see how they are hamstrung by his deal in the short term.  He's much cheaper this year than Mahomes, and will be significantly cheaper than both mahomes and Josh Allen.  And he should be of course, he's much worse.

But he wasn't last year when they signed the deal, so I kind of get the move at the time.  The real problem will be when he stops playing if he's still in GB - then we will be in the Bucs situation of paying a QB big money on the cap who isn't playing on the team.  Yikes.  Hopefully it will lead to some really bad teams and purge years with high draft picks.

Until that happens though, I don't see a way out besides a trade.  I expect Rodgers will have a slightly better than 2022 season next year if he plays on the Packers, but even that won't be enough to salvage this roster.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

Before the Raiders are going to trade for Rodgers, they will have to take into consideration how fast Josh McDaniels can learn a new offense.

McDaniels's scheme actually fits into the kind of things Rodgers would want, so I doubt he (McDaniels) would have to "learn" the Rodgers way.  Having said that, Rodgers has tended to try and chuck more deep balls out on that field than Brady has over the years.  And I'd guess those two would have some serious head butting over audibles or play changing.

I'd laugh though because pairing up Rodgers with ole Josh McDoofus would be the final nail in that stupid fraud and phony idiot HC's coffin and he would NEVER EVER get another coaching gig.  He's already proven he has no ability to develop any QB, alienated two vets in Cutler and Carr, and when you're begging the Raiders to make a move to sign old man Tom Brady to save your dumb ***, you know it's gotten bad.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, the Rodgers to Vegas move could be on the table as Tom Brady this time really is retired.  And he made sure to emphasize it was no joke this time.

Meantime ....

https://www.packers.com/news/5-things-learned-from-packers-gm-brian-gutekunst-jan-13-2023

https://www.packers.com/news/5-things-learned-from-matt-lafleur-s-season-ending-news-conference

Don't really like what I'm reading into that.  A season like 2022 should mean at least a few changes like throwing Barry outta here and installing Love as our new QB.  Now LaFleur says he's going to bring a more disciplined team out in 2023 so ... Damn right he'd better or be fired if he doesn't.

And those red zone offense offense numbers mentioned in number 5 in that second article ... Unacceptable!  We need to bump that conversion rate up to 90% in both categories there because anything short of that is an abysmal failure.

The bright spot ... Our 2023 schedule feels like it'll be a little easier, aside from having Patrick Mahomes coming up here.  But that should also mean putting heavy pressure on both Gute and LaFleur to win the Superbowl or else.

Edited by LLcheesehead12

35 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

Don't really like what I'm reading into that.  A season like 2022 should mean at least a few changes like throwing Barry outta here and installing Love as our new QB.  Now LaFleur says he's going to bring a more disciplined team out in 2023 so ... Damn right he'd better or be fired if he doesn't.

The Packers were the 11th least penalized team in the league last year...