Time to Fire LaFleur, Gute, and Murphy And Burn The House Down

LLcheesehead12

On 1/12/2023 at 12:01 PM, ThatJerkDave said:

The biggest issue I have with Love being some kind of magic bullet is some of the real head scratcher plays that the offense utilizes.  Let's say that Love is some kind of revelation to the QB position.  Does that stop the pitches to Dillon where he has to turn the corner and can't? It is almost like Matt sees football too much like chess and thinks that a knight is a knight, a RB is a RB.  Marques Colson and Joey Galloway were both WRs.  But they played differently, and are not simply interchangeable.  

I don't even think Matt is bad.  But I do think that is a flaw of his.  I don't buy that he is too soft or in awe of Rodgers.  Matt was a D1 WR for 2 seasons, then a D2 QB for two more and played for the indoor league.  He isn't just some geek they found scribbling plays in a notebook.

I can promise you he does not think that Dillon and Jones are interchangeable. I can bet pretty strongly that he is thinking that they need to break tendency once in a while and not just run inside zone or duo for every Dillon run.

It obviously didn't work, and yeah, I could see the argument that LaFleur chases percentages rather than always putting guys in the best spot but he definitely does not see those two as interchangeable.

32 minutes ago, packerstk7 said:

Who does Murphy answer to?

The Executive Committee and Board of Directors. 

The Board of Directors serves as the owner of record.

The Executive Committee is elected from the Board of Directors and manages the corporation. Murphy is the President of the EC. 

So the Board of Directors, I guess.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

The Executive Committee and Board of Directors. 

The Board of Directors serves as the owner of record.

The Executive Committee is elected from the Board of Directors and manages the corporation. Murphy is the President of the EC. 

So the Board of Directors, I guess.

He serves me as i am an OWNER of the Green Bay Packers. 

Keep in mind Rodgers was older than Favre when they played their respective last games with the Packers. Unlike Rodgers, Favre actually managed to close his time in Green Bay with a playoff game.

11 hours ago, pf9 said:

At this point it will take a petition to get these three fired. Who's willing to start one?

Murphy has no real impact on results - go ahead and petition away if you like.

Re Gutey and MLF.  The reality is they can't both be bad at their job and be sackable. If MLF is a poor coach then Gutey has done a fantastic job to build a roster that has won so many games in the last four years with an incompetent coach. And vice versa if Gutey is a bad GM.

The only argument for them both being bad is that Rodgers has single handedly carried the team. But that doesn't stack up either.

Reality is that people need to grow up and accept that its a parity league. You don't fire everyone after a 8-9 season especially after the previous three years.  8-9 seasons are going to happen. If the next QB doesn't hit then probably a lot more frequently.

There needs to be accountability and both MLF and Gutey need to really understand what went wrong and how we are going to move forward. But seriously guys ...  we are better than this. Pretty ludicrous to start demanding we fire everyone after a down year. Everyone needs to up their game but discussing MLF or Gutey being fired shouldn't even be discussed.

What are we going to do if we have consecutive 4-13 years which will happen at some point. Fire every one, re-appoint them so we can fire them a second time to make a point. Fire the caterers and the uniform staff. Maybe fire the fans. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, mikemike778 said:

Murphy has no real impact on results - go ahead and petition away if you like.

Re Gutey and MLF.  The reality is they can't both be bad at their job and be sackable. If MLF is a poor coach then Gutey has done a fantastic job to build a roster that has won so many games in the last four years with an incompetent coach. And vice versa if Gutey is a bad GM.

The only argument for them both being bad is that Rodgers has single handedly carried the team. But that doesn't stack up either.

Reality is that people need to grow up and accept that its a parity league. You don't fire everyone after a 8-9 season especially after the previous three years.  8-9 seasons are going to happen. If the next QB doesn't hit then probably a lot more frequently.

There needs to be accountability and both MLF and Gutey need to really understand what went wrong and how we are going to move forward. But seriously guys ...  we are better than this. Pretty ludicrous to start demanding we fire everyone after a down year. Everyone needs to up their game but discussing MLF or Gutey being fired shouldn't even be discussed.

What are we going to do if we have consecutive 4-13 years which will happen at some point. Fire every one, re-appoint them so we can fire them a second time to make a point. Fire the caterers and the uniform staff. Maybe fire the fans. 

Agree on most points.  Murphy is in charge of making sure the Packers business model is successful .. not running the everyday team.  Gute has done ok on most things.  MLF needs to take a look at himself and coaching staff big time.  The players are there but it's a house fire with some of his staff.  MLF isn't going anywhere ... yet.  He's got to figure out whose not doing their jobs and act accordingly.  Continuity is nice unless it sucks as it did this year.   

We also need to take in account that the NFC is getting better every year. It's going to be harder winning games in this conference going forward. Having a big G on your helmet doesn't garrentee anything, other organizations are getting paid to win also. 

Even in our division it's going to be tough going forward. Gone are the days where we got 4 garrenteed wins between the Bears and Lions and split with the Vikings.

I don't see a dropoff from Minn next season, they will probably be favorites to win the north again. The Lions are for real and will be better.

The Bears will have close to 130M in cap space and the #1 slot. If they get it right in the draft and FA they could pass us up also.

If we keep running it back we will end up a perennial 4-12 team in cap hell like the Saints. First order of business is letting Rodgers go and getting the cap under control. We need to find out if love is indeed our QB of the future, if not we need to draft a QB.

Time to see If Lafleur is really a good coach or is he really La-fraud. A coach who only benefited from MVP QB play.

I for one hope we don't run it back again. This team doesn't need a full rebuild, only a slight one. Gute needs to admit that we can't get to a SB paying a 40 year old QB 60M. 

Edited by St Vince
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mikemike778 said:

I remember back when people were convinced TT, McCarthy, and Rodgers were all garbage. 

And GB kept winning 10+ games a year and going to NFCCG; I was like "at least one of those things is untrue, probably both, most likely all 3" 

• Like 1

On 1/12/2023 at 12:01 PM, ThatJerkDave said:

The biggest issue I have with Love being some kind of magic bullet is some of the real head scratcher plays that the offense utilizes. 

Do people think that Love is a magic bullet?  Or are they convinced that Love is more willing/able to play within the confines of LaFleur's offense?  I mean, we're watching Brock Purdy lead the 49ers to 7 straight wins, and does anyone think he's got an iota of Rodgers' arm talent?  Because I certainly don't.  That my biggest gripe with Rodgers is that it seems he's less willing to play within the confines of the offense.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, pf9 said:

Keep in mind Rodgers was older than Favre when they played their respective last games with the Packers. Unlike Rodgers, Favre actually managed to close his time in Green Bay with a playoff game.

Farve was awful at the end. We had a better team then. What idiotic logic

14 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Do people think that Love is a magic bullet?  Or are they convinced that Love is more willing/able to play within the confines of LaFleur's offense?  I mean, we're watching Brock Purdy lead the 49ers to 7 straight wins, and does anyone think he's got an iota of Rodgers' arm talent?  Because I certainly don't.  That my biggest gripe with Rodgers is that it seems he's less willing to play within the confines of the offense.

Do you think that has to do with elite guys at TE, wr and RB? Did you watch the game? Our wrs and TEs never make plays like they do. The offense doesn't work great when you have one legit NFL starter that's a rookie and a bunch on fringe starters/NFL guys. Purdy with our team would look like **** . They also have the best defense in the league. They are the polar opposite of our team. Great of defense with elite playmakers at every position

Edited by PackFan13
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Nailed it.  Hope is Love would play within the Offense.  Purdy may not have elite arm talent but he makes good decisions, has pretty good legs, pocket awareness, and is accurate with the ball.  I'm a believer in Purdy.  A few games maybe a flash in a pan.  He's been consistently good for awhile now.  Boy is also a gamer.  Love could be that guy we just don't know.  He might suck and we are back to square one.  Got to get him on the field and see what we got.  Rodgers era is over or at least should be. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PackFan13 said:

Do you think that has to do with elite guys at TE, wr and RB? Did you watch the game? Our wrs and TEs never make plays like they do. The offense doesn't work great when you have one legit NFL starter that's a rookie and a bunch on fringe starters/NFL guys. Purdy with our team would look like **** . They also have the best defense in the league. They are the polar opposite of our team. Great of defense with elite playmakers at every position

Sure he has great surrounding talent.  Don't minimize what he has done though.  Lance had the same surrounding talent and so did Jimmy G.  They both sucked.  Purdy is the real deal.  Goes through his progressions and hits the open guys.  More than I can say for Rodgers.  Put Purdy on the Packers and I'd bet he could effectively run the offense.