Time to Fire LaFleur, Gute, and Murphy And Burn The House Down

LLcheesehead12

Should have posted this on page one of this thread but... IMO this whole tread is kinda stupid. Murphy, Gute, and LaFluer are all tied to the extending/not trading Rodgers. Until Rodgers retires they should all lie in the bed they made. It makes no sense to fire/hire anybody before that. It makes no sense to hire anybody (or for anybody to take any of thise jobs) before that happens. They either win it all together or they all go down together. 

It makes no sense to start someone off having to make those decisions. It makes no sense for anybody wanting to be put in that position. 

Edited by wgbeethree
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

The wrong LaFleur got fired today.

I'd like to see MLF coach the team withoout Rodgers on it before making that decision.  I will say his lack of in game adjustments is disturbing.  We'll see he'll get another year hopefully with Love under center.  

9 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

Should have posted this on page one of this thread but... IMO this whole tread is kinda stupid. Murphy, Gute, and LaFluer are all tied to the extending/not trading Rodgers. Until Rodgers retires they should all lie in the bed they made. It makes no sense to fire/hire anybody before that. It makes no sense to hire anybody (or for anybody to take any of thise jobs) before that happens. They either win it all together or they all go down together. 

It makes no sense to start someone off having to make those decisions. It makes no sense for anybody wanting to be put in that position. 

I agree with this.  This was just season one of the Aaron Rodgers/New Deal Packers, and it was a bust.  If they run it back and bust again they should all be fired, but I'm not exactly sure who would be firing them all.  Will the board step in an say that enough is enough and fire them all?  I don't know how that will work.  I have a hard time seeing Murphy firing anybody since they all seem to be in agreement that this is the way to go.  It's possible nothing gets done until Murphy steps down at 70 and a new team president is put in place.  

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I agree with this.  This was just season one of the Aaron Rodgers/New Deal Packers, and it was a bust.  If they run it back and bust again they should all be fired, but I'm not exactly sure who would be firing them all.  Will the board step in an say that enough is enough and fire them all?  I don't know how that will work.  I have a hard time seeing Murphy firing anybody since they all seem to be in agreement that this is the way to go.  It's possible nothing gets done until Murphy steps down at 70 and a new team president is put in place.  

This. There's just not anybody who could or would walk into 1265 today and attempt what would amount a coup of a multi billion dollar organization and walk out with the job much less a job. It's complete nonsense and an almost literally impossible exercise of masterbatory whining but hey, that's the interwebz.

27 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

This. There's just not anybody who could or would walk into 1265 today and attempt what would amount a coup of a multi billion dollar organization and walk out with the job much less a job. It's complete nonsense and an almost literally impossible exercise of masterbatory whining but hey, that's the interwebz.

I think the hope for me is that the next president of the Packers will hire the best football man available to run the entire football side of the organization.  That man would have the ability to hire and fire head coaches, and install his own salary cap guy.  What we have now seems to be too many cooks in the kitchen with nobody really in any danger of getting canned.

3 hours ago, Scoremore said:

I'd like to see MLF coach the team withoout Rodgers on it before making that decision.  I will say his lack of in game adjustments is disturbing.  We'll see he'll get another year hopefully with Love under center.  

The thing about Matt is he can’t seem to handle adversity. When everything is going right, he’s great. But when things start going bad, it snowballs into an avalanche of mistakes. Both on the field and off the field. he’s gotta find a way to pull the guys out of that. Culture starts with the HC, if he’s soft, the team is soft. 

30 minutes ago, gopackgo972 said:

The thing about Matt is he can’t seem to handle adversity. When everything is going right, he’s great. But when things start going bad, it snowballs into an avalanche of mistakes. Both on the field and off the field. he’s gotta find a way to pull the guys out of that. Culture starts with the HC, if he’s soft, the team is soft. 

I've always thought the way to really find out what LaFleur is made of is to get Love in there and see how things go.  I really think after this season the bar is so low that I doubt Love could do much worse, and maybe with a more of a pure LaFleur offense things would work better.  Problem is that the Packers brass doesn't seem to have the guts to move on from #12.

19 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I've always thought the way to really find out what LaFleur is made of is to get Love in there and see how things go.  I really think after this season the bar is so low that I doubt Love could do much worse, and maybe with a more of a pure LaFleur offense things would work better.  Problem is that the Packers brass doesn't seem to have the guts to move on from #12.

The biggest issue I have with Love being some kind of magic bullet is some of the real head scratcher plays that the offense utilizes.  Let's say that Love is some kind of revelation to the QB position.  Does that stop the pitches to Dillon where he has to turn the corner and can't? It is almost like Matt sees football too much like chess and thinks that a knight is a knight, a RB is a RB.  Marques Colson and Joey Galloway were both WRs.  But they played differently, and are not simply interchangeable.  

I don't even think Matt is bad.  But I do think that is a flaw of his.  I don't buy that he is too soft or in awe of Rodgers.  Matt was a D1 WR for 2 seasons, then a D2 QB for two more and played for the indoor league.  He isn't just some geek they found scribbling plays in a notebook.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, gopackgo972 said:

And that's why I don't drink the MLF coolaid despite his 39-10 start.  He's a sunshine coach.

I mean yeah, I credited him for having the best start of any Packer HC to his career, but not capitalizing on the open window when he had it to win the SB has cost him bad, and now in a rut, I doubt he pulls out of it.

Also .... I wouldn't blame them as much if they had decided to sign Rodgers to some kind of deal that would either expire or have made it easier to end after this season.  I mean, if you're calculating that Love needs to follow the 3 year development plan, it makes sense.  Problem is they seem to be not too certain that they're going to do that, and so far every off-season all I ever hear from LaFleur is just the old "I hope Rodgers is back" crap while almost never praising Love.  Gute doesn't sing his praises either despite having drafted him.