Time to Fire LaFleur, Gute, and Murphy And Burn The House Down

LLcheesehead12

6 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Gute was handed a dream job? A declining QB(at the time) with a HC who's time in the NFL has passed him by? 

Gute isn't without faults, but you guys are delusional if you think he's a terrible GM. He's hit home runs in free agency and has been above average in the draft with the draft capital he's had to work with. 

I'd also add that he's hit some home runs in the "scrap heap" part of his job, which is arguably just as important. Nixon, Douglas, Nijman, Lazard are all key performers picked from someone else's scrap heap and produced here for pennies.

I think when the biggest criticism of a GM is that he held on to a HOF QB too long, or that he spent too much of the future paying that QB, then he's probably a pretty decent GM

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pgwingman said:

I'd also add that he's hit some home runs in the "scrap heap" part of his job, which is arguably just as important. Nixon, Douglas, Nijman, Lazard are all key performers picked from someone else's scrap heap and produced here for pennies.

I think when the biggest criticism of a GM is that he held on to a HOF QB too long, or that he spent too much of the future paying that QB, then he's probably a pretty decent GM

I'm fully convinced that extending Rodgers was ultimately Murphy's decision because he doesn't wanna spend his last few years as CEO rebuilding.

4 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

I'm fully convinced that extending Rodgers was ultimately Murphy's decision because he doesn't wanna spend his last few years as CEO rebuilding.

I agree somewhat, but my version is slightly different. My version is that Rodgers wanted to stay, MLF wanted Rodgers, Gute wanted to move one. Murphy was the tiebreaker to and said he stays after Gute informs him that we had maybe two more years (this year and next year) on our SB window. That forecast looks terrible in hindsight, but at the time it made sense

Just now, pgwingman said:

I agree somewhat, but my version is slightly different. My version is that Rodgers wanted to stay, MLF wanted Rodgers, Gute wanted to move one. Murphy was the tiebreaker to and said he stays after Gute informs him that we had maybe two more years (this year and next year) on our SB window. That forecast looks terrible in hindsight, but at the time it made sense

Idk I can see MLF wanting a QB that will run his full offense ie not completely ignoring the middle of the field. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Idk I can see MLF wanting a QB that will run his full offense ie not completely ignoring the middle of the field. 

Love should be right up his alley .. he threw like 7 passes against the eagles and I want to say he was 2-2 for 70 yds and a TE throwing straight up the middle of the field to Watson.

• Like 1

Alfred E Neuman needs to be held accountable for this season, for our cap situation, for the opportunity cost of lost multiple first and second round picks, and for the bloated contract given to an old ego driven regressing narcissist.  Ultimately he is most responsible and he needs his can fired.

That is where you start.

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

2 hours ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Gute was handed a dream job? A declining QB(at the time) with a HC who's time in the NFL has passed him by? 

Gute isn't without faults, but you guys are delusional if you think he's a terrible GM. He's hit home runs in free agency and has been above average in the draft with the draft capital he's had to work with. 

He was given the gig with way more talent than the vast majority of GMs that start the job. QB, WR and LT all top 5 at their position. Just go back and look at the drafts they are completely underwhelming.

The biggest reason he should be fired is not bringing in talent at wr or te. Look at the best teams in the league all making moves to get more threats on offense. We invested nothing but 3rd round picks in TEs that were pathetic, especially in Jaces case. 

Niners have multiple qbs down and still get a game changer in McCaffrey while having a top 3 TE and to 5 WR. 

Vikings trade for Hok while having a top 3 wr, thielen and cook.

Rams bring in Odell last year while having the next wr in the league and multiple talented guys next to him. Packers offered him a 3rd of what the Rams did.

The good teams go for it when they are close. You idiots mainly drank the Kool aid and expected lazard to be a number one. Lazard was barely a number one in college.

The Packers of all teams need to go all in because no free agent wants to be stuck in Green Bay. We sat on picks for 5 years for most of them to be thrown away. He needed to trade for a proven player but failed at that. 

I've said all along jaire trade was brilliant but he's failed to bring in impact players and we've continued to spend on defense with no results. Any packer fan okay with the 2020 draft is an idiot. Imagine not going all in when you're at the door and instead draft a back up QB, RB and trash TE the year you decide to draft offense. 

People there thought MVS was good enough next to Adams when the reality is he was never good. My favorite were the mods saying he's free of Rodgers and now has mahomes to unlock him. Lazard is even worse when compared to his peers. 

If we had an owner in 2020 he would have slapped gute in the face when his grand plan was to draft a back up QB, RB with the first two picks. All time awful draft given the situation and we all known it.

Edited by PackFan13
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

He was given the gig with way more talent than the vast majority of GMs that start the job. QB, WR and LT all top 5 at their position. Just go back and look at the drafts they are completely underwhelming.

The biggest reason he should be fired is not bringing in talent at wr or te. Look at the best teams in the league all making moves to get more threats on offense. We invested nothing but 3rd round picks in TEs that were pathetic, especially in Jaces case. 

Niners have multiple qbs down and still get a game changer in McCaffrey while having a top 3 TE and to 5 WR. 

Rams bring in Odell last year while having the next wr in the league and multiple talented guys next to him. Packers offered him a 3rd of what the Rams did.

The good teams go for it when they are close. You idiots mainly drank the Kool aid and expected lazard to be a number one. Lazard was barely a number one in college.

The Packers of all teams need to go all in because no free agent wants to be stuck in Green Bay. We sat on picks for 5 years for most of them to be thrown away. He needed to trade for a proven player but failed at that. 

I've said all along jaire trade was brilliant but he's failed to bring in impact players and we've continued to spend on defense with no results. Any packer fan okay with the 2020 draft is an idiot. Imagine not going all in when you're at the door and instead draft a back up QB, RB and trash TE the year you decide to draft offense. 

People there thought MVS was good enough next to Adams when the reality is he was never good. My favorite were the mods saying he's free of Rodgers and now has mahomes to unlock him. Lazard is even worse when compared to his peers. 

If we had an owner in 2020 he would have slapped gute in the face when his grand plan was to draft a back up QB, RB with the first two picks. All time awful draft given the situation and we all known it.

Neither Rodgers, Bakh or Adams were considered top 5 at their position after 2017 season. 

In fact, the only 2 players to make PFFs top 101 for the 2017 season were Kenny Clark(#69) and Mike Daniels(#89) 

Gute haters drastically overrate the talent on this team prior to his hire.

Gute retooled the defense with the signings of Za'Darius Smith(Criticized heavily at the time), Preston Smith and Amos

Rodgers looked to be declining up until his 2nd year under Lafleur 

Aaron Jones finally broke out under Lafleur

Edited by Mdpackfan22
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, PackFan13 said:

Gute and Barry need to go. Gute was handed a dream job and slammed the door shut with numerous idiotic moves. Should have traded Rodgers last year if the idea was to go into the season with lazard as our one and some rookies. His horrific ability to take TEs in the 3rd, 

Takes a much worse center to be cute and gives the chiefs a top center in the league. Horrific Love pick followed by AJ Dillon. Picks up the 5th year on Savage who clearly sucks. Jaire trade was brilliant and getting Gary was his next best move. Aside from a couple lineman he's drafted like ****. 

When you take into account being given a contender and his pathetic 2020 draft if we had an owner that gets denied. Tell Jerry Jones you're taking a back up QB and RB a game away from the Superbowl the season before and they'd have an aneurysm and fire the GM. 

We forever needed a weapon next to Adams and he failed year after year until he left and we were left with nothing. 

The receipts for many of you clowns going into the year talking about it just being more opportunities and guys like lazard were ready to be a number one shows how blind you are. MVS sucked but he's at least fast. Lazard just flat out is JAG on a lower tier than MVS. Which is hilarious because so many of you idiots said Rodgers was holding back mvs and that he'd shine with mahomes. 

If gute finds a single weapon for the years he has to pair next to Adams we would have won it all. That's TE or WR but the guy is an idiot that is in over his head. Can't draft or sign any weapons until it's obviously too late.

To call him average is a lie. He hit on a few lineman that we always do but when it came to filling needs on a contender he failed miserably.

Trolling should be three sentences or less.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, PackFan13 said:

I don't know if we even need an owner.  Just a CEO who's going to run a tight ship around here and put up with the total malpractice going on in this front office, and I'd say Harlan mostly ran that, all except for when he handed the keys to the kingdom to Mike Sherman, but at least he admitted his mistake there.  Mark Murphy has done none of that, and we gotta send him packing out of this building first.

Then we fumigate the rot and stench out of this garbage front office and get somebody in there who knows how to find real TEs and not hacks like Sternberger and Deguara, someone who doesn't pick dumb FS who don't have any good instincts like Savage, and who doesn't pick mental midgets like Quay Walker who constantly get themselves thrown out of games.

Then we gotta get a good HC in here who actually runs some discipline in the camp and doesn't allow for ridiculous playoff killing penalties, a terrible red zone offense with a 30% TD conversion rate, and will fire any bad defensive coordinator immediately if they have unclutch defenses.

And Rodgers needs to be traded immediately and Love handed the starting job.  No more of this ridiculous awful play clock management and timeout burning, or holding onto the ball and taking the worst sacks ever, and badly underthrowing balls that mediocre Detroit Lion safeties can make ints on.  Time for Love to be given the job as he doesn't need any more time to develop, and the sack taking rate is guaranteed to go down with him.