Week 7 GDT: Raiders vs Saints

NickButera

Something to think about: 

The Giants are picking in the top five last year because of how bad they are a new coach comes in and all of a sudden they're winning with Daniel Jones and no receivers.

We go to the playoffs last year and we add Davante Adams we get a new coaching staff and now we're getting our butts kicked. But the coach has nothing to do with that we were sorry the whole time apparently.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Totty said:

Disagree.  This team was 10-7 through the most insane set of circumstances last year.  We were in the playoffs.  We SHOULD be a favorite. Instead, we're here mulling over talent at the "10ish" pick.  It's a joke that starts at the FN top.  Mr. Davis made this decision.  Josh and DZ ain't it. Back to the drawing board AGAIN.  Everyone should be available to accumulate draft capital.  

A fraud playoff team based on talent and without question the least talented team in the playoffs.  

Do I agree this abysmal start to the season is on JM, I do and I was optimistic that he is our long terms answer as a HC.  I have been unimpressed so far but I also have a long term perspective and need to see more before I make a determination on JM.  I still believe he can be our long term answer at HC but the start has been rough. 

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

Something to think about: 

The Giants are picking in the top five last year because of how bad they are a new coach comes in and all of a sudden they're winning with Daniel Jones and no receivers.

We go to the playoffs last year and we add Davante Adams we get a new coaching staff and now we're getting our butts kicked. But the coach has nothing to do with that we were sorry the whole time apparently.

I don’t know how much is on the coaches vs players today but certainly the head coach and play caller is going to be the first one to look into.

He is making some strange calls in critical situations and then the team just falls apart. The direct hand off to Adams on 3rd the fake punt just dug the team in a hole and downhill from then on even faster. 

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

A fraud playoff team based on talent and without question the least talented team in the playoffs.  

Do I agree this abysmal start to the season is on JM, I do and I was optimistic that he is our long terms answer as a HC.  I have been unimpressed so far but I also have a long term perspective and need to see more before I make a determination on JM.  I still believe he can be our long term answer at HC but the start has been rough. 

We may have been a fraud team last year.  If you can see that, you should be able to see the fraud coach standing on this sideline today.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Winning takes time and anyone who really thinks this team had the talent to contend need to go back to football 101.  I had stated that with our talent level it should be two to three seasons before we can contend.  We needed to clean house and get younger not try to put lipstick on a pig.  JM and DZ decided to talk optimistically and put lipstick on the pig. 

What do you get?  A lot of butthurt fans who had unrealistic expectations.  

The only problem with that is that the coaches didn't make decisions this off-season as if that were true. so if our expectation should've been low then they shouldn't of resigned everyone from the old regime that didn't have talent and traded their first round pick that they could've used on a cheap rookie to pay Devante Adams. Also traded the younger/cheaper Yannick for the older more expensive Chandler. 

So it's either the GM doesn't know what he's doing and didn't evaluate the roster very well or the coach doesn't know what he's doing with the players that he inherited and was given by the GM.

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1