Week 7 GDT: Raiders vs Saints

NickButera

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

How? He's been one of the most sought after coaches for years. He was waiting for the right spot and circumstances. If anything, Davis was being progressive and the hire was universally praised by football people in the media. 

Some of you guys hate the Patriots so much, you're making up narratives now. Those that didn't like him to begin with are simply piling on at this point. 

Building reputations around the league based on what you did under BB hasn't work for nobody that leaves this place. You hated the gruden hire. The media and people around the league liked that hire to. Just cause jmd and Graham has rode Patriot connections to jobs and made friends don't actually mean their good at their jobs. Matt Patricia, Matt wheiss and Joe judge and so on so on. This "respected" around the league hasn't lead to much success, especially for graham who failures have been detailed plenty. 

35 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

No way Mark takes Josh's side over Carr.

Josh has proven he sucks as HC.

If Stidham comes in and the team responds to him Mark will have to think about it.  I am not saying who I want or think would be the better option.  Just think there is the makings of a good drama playing out.  There could be a lot of finger pointing.

3 minutes ago, TLO said:

Organizational rot. This team has been over .500 twice in two decades and folks think the blame needs to go on one person. Carr certainly ain’t the #1 problem, although I agree it’s time to move on. 

Accurate. Some franchises simply cannot counter a losing culture.

Raiders need a competitor at QB. Guys who leads and can rally teammates. Carr has skills, but no heart at times and it shows. Seems so non-chalant for years when they get blown out. They need that guy who just hates to lose.

17 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

How? He's been one of the most sought after coaches for years. He was waiting for the right spot and circumstances. If anything, Davis was being progressive and the hire was universally praised by football people in the media. 

Some of you guys hate the Patriots so much, you're making up narratives now. Those that didn't like him to begin with are simply piling on at this point. 

Ha he really though? 

He was sought after pre-Denver. 

Then he flopped there and with his stopover in St. Louis. 

He spent the next like 5 years attempting to rehab his image with Bill and Tom. 

Then he royally f'd Indianapolis in 2018 and has been pretty much public enemy number one since. 

You're pushing a narrative that owners were falling all over themselves for the guy, assistant coaches were putting their houses up for sale in mere anticipation, and players were lining up around the block for Josh McDaniels. And that isn't the case at all and hasn't been for the better part of a decade. If anything, he was the butt of most jokes about being the ultimate failing upwards coattailer. It was actually a bit surprising Indianapolis was giving him a shot when the news first broke. Him as a highly sought after HC candidate? No. Just no. 

This smells like the Patrick Graham was highly respected so all metrics indicating he wasn't actually good at his job anywhere he's been don't count excuses. 

Edited by ronjon1990

9 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

For me, let's see how the season plays out and judge from there.

It's hilarious, because this time last year, Raiders were on a losing streak. Everyone was complaining about Olsen's play calling and Bisaccia's game management. They make the playoffs and everyone changed their tune real quick.

Saints were an underrated team with a lot of talent in the trenches and whipped them there. It's one game, there are 8 left. Let's see how they compete after this loss. 

Last was a fluke, you have said so yourself. If we went on a run, this year would be no different than the fluke from last year.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

He got benched in the same way Adams got benched. They removed them to minimize the chance of injury in a game we had no chance in. This isn't hard to understand..... for most 

13 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

It's stupid **** like this that gets people to make fun of you lol

22 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Those bogus refs just gave us a free first down. You just love being wrong, don't you?

23 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Thanks for sharing your opinion. I disagree but you hate Carr so much that anything you type, that is discussing him, is null and void

Looks I have a stalker. 😬 

53 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Looks I have a stalker. 😬 

Nah, just calling you out on the dumb **** you've posted. You also can't call someone a "stalker" when you respond to them most of the time. Are you 10? This would make A LOT of sense if you are and if so, my bad.

22 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Nah, just calling you out on the dumb **** you've posted. You also can't call someone a "stalker" when you respond to them most of the time. Are you 10? This would make A LOT of sense if you are and if so, my bad.

I didn’t respond to any of posts except the last one. Im wrong about what?

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

If Stidham comes in and the team responds to him Mark will have to think about it.  I am not saying who I want or think would be the better option.  Just think there is the makings of a good drama playing out.  There could be a lot of finger pointing.

That's a huge if. More likely the team quits on him. 

3 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

That's a huge if. More likely the team quits on him. 

Statistically, sample is small and circumstances not the same, Stidham out produced Carr yesterday by a wide margin.  I think the team is more likely to quit on McDaniels but not the kid.  If the team keeps down this path they might quit on McDaniels and Carr depending on where their loyalties and/or viewpoints of who is at fault.

16 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Statistically, sample is small and circumstances not the same, Stidham out produced Carr yesterday by a wide margin.  I think the team is more likely to quit on McDaniels but not the kid.  If the team keeps down this path they might quit on McDaniels and Carr depending on where their loyalties and/or viewpoints of who is at fault.

If that game yesterday was in Vegas oh boy I think it would be a lot of movement and selling on our part. 

25 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

All the man does is call stupid plays.

You don't think players notice?? I bet half of the team hates him already.