Week 12: GameDay Thread Titans (6-4) vs. Colts (3-7)

KingTitan

The one thing that has surprised me about the last two weeks is that a lot of Marcus' interceptions are coming on straight up bad throws. Not poor decisions, just wildly inaccurate. In the past, I almost always felt like he made the wrong read when he threw an interception. Both picks yesterday and at least two against the Steelers were plays where he made the right read, had a fairly open receiver, and then just missed them entirely.

10 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

The one thing that has surprised me about the last two weeks is that a lot of Marcus' interceptions are coming on straight up bad throws. Not poor decisions, just wildly inaccurate. In the past, I almost always felt like he made the wrong read when he threw an interception. Both picks yesterday and at least two against the Steelers were plays where he made the right read, had a fairly open receiver, and then just missed them entirely.

this, plus some shoddy pocket play i’m not used to seeing, are the main things i think of when i say that this looks to me like marcus’s worst season.

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Watching Murray, for his sake I hope he's hurt. Because if he's 100%, like Mularkey claims, his career is over. He has nothing left.

Yeah, that hole to the left... Just reminds me of when CJ used to get that hole, it was almost a guaranteed 30 yards and maybe a TD. Murray can't even outrun the DT...

The total lack of burst kills us. It would also be nice to have another running back with true speed. Our best chance of fixing the running game is running off tackle and to the outside. Henry isn't fast, but he at least has a chance. Almost any run play is done as soon as Murray starts running laterally.

These are the things that get to me. How do you design a run play where the tight end is left to block a nose tackle one-on-one? And not even just left to block the nose tackle one-on-one, but a play in which Delanie Walker is required to move a man that has 75-80 pounds on him out of the hole for it to have any chance at success? How does this play even exist?

1 hour ago, TitanLegend said:

Brian Baldinger did some tweets on our game/is still doing some. Seems like he isn't concerned with Mariota, but is very concerned with Murray:

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL

Worth checking out.

I’ve been saying that this reminds me so much of how loyal fisher was to Eddie George when we drafted Chris brown. George couldn’t hit a hole in a paper wall his last season here, but fisher was fine wit giving him the ball 18-24 carries he finished with a 1000 yards but average like 3.3 yards a carry, but when ever you saw Chris brown he was ripping it. Mularkey loyalty to Murray is going to cost this team I’m telling you, & cost us big. Look how he road Henry all the way to the goal line then gave the rock to DeMarco at full back ?

That irritated my soul 

41 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

These are the things that get to me. How do you design a run play where the tight end is left to block a nose tackle one-on-one? And not even just left to block the nose tackle one-on-one, but a play in which Delanie Walker is required to move a man that has 75-80 pounds on him out of the hole for it to have any chance at success? How does this play even exist?

To be honest rewind it back Ben jones messes that play up. If you look at the OL everyone is down shifting to the right. Spain gets his man in front of him & Ben jones goes left, leaving al woods unblock & delanie picks him up, because hey he has to at least try. Alright so Ben jones gets alwoods delanie then climbs to the the mike Lb #57 & josh Cline should get 44. Blown assignment Ben jones 

Archived