Week 12: GameDay Thread Titans (6-4) vs. Colts (3-7)

KingTitan

Just now, TitanRedd said:

To be honest rewind it back Ben jones messes that play up. If you look at the OL everyone is down shifting to the right. Spain gets his man in front of him & Ben jones goes left, leaving al woods unblock & delanie picks him up, because hey he has to at least try. Alright so Ben jones gets alwoods delanie then climbs to the the mike Lb #57 & josh Cline should get 44. Blown assignment Ben jones 

True. Shame on me for trusting Baldy.

It's so clear he's the better runner, I think most of us have been saying that for a few weeks now. It's just a matter of if Mularkey will continue to ride Murray to the detriment of the team or not. If he does, then he is more loyal to Murray than he is the team, we will see what happens.

7 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

It's so clear he's the better runner, I think most of us have been saying that for a few weeks now. It's just a matter of if Mularkey will continue to ride Murray to the detriment of the team or not. If he does, then he is more loyal to Murray than he is the team, we will see what happens.

He’s Jeff fisher man just be honest I don’t know how long you been a titan fan, but remember 04 season the year we finally beat Baltimore & were Super Bowl favorites to go to our birth place Hou & play for a Super Bowl. Steve McNair MVP season, ??‍♂️ Jeff fisher would feed & feed a burstless Eddie George 18-24 touches a game, had he ran the ball wit Chris brown we would’ve been a much better Running team. Eddie couldn’t hit the hole 

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

To be honest rewind it back Ben jones messes that play up. If you look at the OL everyone is down shifting to the right. Spain gets his man in front of him & Ben jones goes left, leaving al woods unblock & delanie picks him up, because hey he has to at least try. Alright so Ben jones gets alwoods delanie then climbs to the the mike Lb #57 & josh Cline should get 44. Blown assignment Ben jones 

Okay scratched that I was wrong sorry guys??, I looked at the play again. This time I got it right, okay jones didn’t forget the play, he was pulling, this play is like a zone weakside counter. Derrick is suppose to press the whole than cut it back to the back side. If you look at the video the back side is wide open. This isn’t mularkey fought though because I’d you look delanie held woods long enough for Henry to put his food in the ground & cut it back. This is on Henry, soon as he got the ball he should’ve planted & cut it back. He does this a lot though ??‍♂️??‍♂️

13 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

He’s Jeff fisher man just be honest I don’t know how long you been a titan fan, but remember 04 season the year we finally beat Baltimore & were Super Bowl favorites to go to our birth place Hou & play for a Super Bowl. Steve McNair MVP season, ??‍♂️ Jeff fisher would feed & feed a burstless Eddie George 18-24 touches a game, had he ran the ball wit Chris brown we would’ve been a much better Running team. Eddie couldn’t hit the hole 

Been a fan since 2000 but I was only 7 at the time and I really only remember (that year) the playoff game against the Ravens where Ray stole the ball from Eddie. To get back on topic, yes I do so vividly remember Fisher being way too loyal to vets and the one that sorely sticks out in my mind is Nick Harper. I don't remember which week it was or what year but I remember Andre Johnson abusing him over and over and over and over again and screaming at the TV why Finnegan, who at the time was our best corner, wasn't on him.

I hope he proves us both wrong and isn't Fisher 2.0 but I get the feeling he is.

What kills me we’re better running power I wit fowlster at FB.. he’s Jeff fisher, I remember Todd gurley answered a question, it was what’s the difference in the rams offense this season compared to last season, & gurley said their offense look like a middle school ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

1 hour ago, TitanSlim said:

I still don't think we're using our offensive talent correctly but I digress.

it's so obvious and yet, we know it's not gonna happen.

i just don't understand what's so hard about this. it is absolutely possible to be a power running team while still employing spread looks. in fact, it'd probably do us a world of good given the strengths and weaknesses of our personnel. but why would we take that into account when designing an offensive system, i suppose? *sigh*

A note on Mariota from another forum:

You do know Mariota is in the top 10 for lowest turnover worthy throws right? He's been unlucky while other QBs have been supremely lucky.

Carson Wentz and Jared Goff who have been doing well, they have been super lucky. 

Goff throws turnover worthy balls 3.5 percent of the time but only has 1.5 percent INTs at 5. Carson Wentz offers up turnover worthy balls 4.1 percent of the time but as well only has 1.5 percent INTs against.

Mariota is throwing 2.6 percent turnover worthy balls but has an INT rate of 3.9 percent.

Combine that with 2nd most rushing TDs in football and you've got a recipe for an unlucky/bad stat line.

39 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

A note on Mariota from another forum:

I mentioned this in another thread (or maybe earlier in this one)

it's my own hazy memory (too much loud, @TitanRedd!), but I remember watching games last year and marcus making at least 2 WTF throws a game that SHOULD HAVE been picked off. These WTF throws are now getting picked off. Would be curious to see last year's stats

I hate to keep harping on this but, I mean, look at this play.  A 2 man route, with Murray as a late dump off option.

Mariota needs to play better but some of these playcalls aren't making his job any easier. With these 2/3 man routes, you're asking him to be damn near perfect to complete these throws. 

Archived