Week 9 Gameday Thread - Green Bay Packers (3-5) at Detroit Lions (1-6)

Striker

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

I'm torn...

Continuing to put Rodgers out there probably means more losses for us

but getting Love some snaps would be nice, too.

If we were to trade him , would we have to ‘re-build some value’ or does I matter much ; a team is going to pay something significant 

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Do you remember LaFleur with Mariota running his offense?  You can't judge a play caller when the QB can't/won't make the throws that are needed.

I didn’t watch them, but wasn’t their offense average? Isn’t that why people were upset we hired him? 

Maybe this is the majority on Rodgers and without him we are humming, but it just seems like our strategy is to rely on getting 15 3 yard plays executed and timed perfectly to have a chance at scoring. I’m willing to be wrong, because if MLF is what he looks like our future is much more bleak than if we just have to make it though this year.

3 minutes ago, Striker said:

Luckily the Bears are showing some life so we could still drop games vs. CHI and DET to jump a few spots.

No shot they jump the Texans or Panthers though. 

Texans and Panthers are going to be picking 1 and 2 unless they manage to screw up the tank.  Las Vegas can't seem to get out of their own way, but they have winnable games down the stretch.  Pittsburgh is going through growing pains with their rookie QB, but they also have winnable games.  Detroit is inept, but you never know with divisional games.  Chicago and Detroit having 2 games against each other could help dictate where the Packers pick.

Just now, ThatJerkDave said:

Nah, they paid him like a consecutive MVP.  The team didn't surround him with the talent he currently needs to maintain that level.  Part of that is the team for making the deal.  Part of that is Rodgers not playing like an MVP.  Part of that is less than ideal play from his surrounding cast.  There is no one reason, and there is nobody that isn't to blame.  The Packers just aren't very good this season.

Seriously. Our top WR in the draft can never give us but a couple snaps a game - putting Doubs front and center and while I might like the guy, there's a reason he's a 4th round selection. Lazard is who is is. No change to his career arc that I can see. Watkins might as well retire. TE contribution continues to be spotty at best.......

We suck.

Thought they had things figured out 2nd half last week.  Not. tried to tell people it was a pipe dream.

this is what happens when you have no talent on offense.  Positive gains feel like victories but you have to string 15 of them together.  

people still think Gute has put together an acceptable roster?

Rodgers played like *** to the point you wonder if it’s on purpose again. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Seriously. Our top WR in the draft can never give us but a couple snaps a game - putting Doubs front and center and while I might like the guy, there's a reason he's a 4th round selection. Lazard is who is is. No change to his career arc that I can see. Watkins might as well retire. TE contribution continues to be spotty at best.......

We suck.

I like Lazard, but I am not even entertaining paying him next season.  We need the WR group to be Watson, Doubs, Rodgers, Toure and whomever we bring in from the draft.  Nobody over like 25 after this season.  If we are going to re-start, just re-start already.  

21 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Four worst play calls I've ever seen in that situation. We have two timeouts and throw 3 prayers and a in route to a guy who can't get separation. 

Anybody not ready to put a folk in this season and Rodgers's career? 

Which folk do you like ? Lets go with the excellent Maddy Prior  (of Steeleye Span) singing All Around My Hat (I will wear the green willow).......

A jolly song is what we could use right about now.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive