Week 9 Gameday Thread - Green Bay Packers (3-5) at Detroit Lions (1-6)

Striker

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Ryhan will be a starter next year if we need a guard. He's got the tools just needs to acclimate to NFL. We are clearly going to have to draft a few more olinemen in this draft. 

And a few Wr and a couple safeties and a qb and an edge or two

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Ryhan will be a starter next year if we need a guard. He's got the tools just needs to acclimate to NFL. We are clearly going to have to draft a few more olinemen in this draft. 

Rhyan sure looked bad in pre-season. I wouldn't count on him. I have more hope for Rasheed Walker. Yes, a few more O-Linemen are needed.

5 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

He looked real bad in preseason and is a Packers 3rd round pick which is a deathblow to his career

9 minutes ago, packerstk7 said:

I’d call the last 2 years successful. But is Rodgers all of a sudden not running the offense as he wants this year after listening to him for 3 years? That seems like the most optimistic interpretation of this season, and I hope it’s right. Otherwise we are basically screwed until MLF and Gute has worn out his welcome. I’m not saying you’re wrong, because I don’t know. I don’t know how to tell if Rodgers is doing what is asked of him or not. I hope he isn’t. All I can tell is this combination of them together is done. Wouldn’t surprise me if Rodgers soured on him like he did MM, but watching it seems like he’s throwing more short passes than ever before.

That seems to be the million dollar question.  Has Rodgers' physical skills finally declined or is he prima donna that needs the ideal situation to succeed?

6 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

You would call the last two years successful? Are u gute??

I mean, I'm assuming that because they didn't win the Super Bowl you would call them failures.  30 other teams had failures of seasons by that standard over the last 2 years.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, packerstk7 said:

We went 13-3 and 13-3 while scoring plenty of points on offense. What wasn’t successful was the postseasons. 

I get that people are sick of Rodgers and want the problem to be him, because that’s simple. What I’m fearing is that Rodgers is a problem but that MLF might be as well. I wouldn’t fire MLF until seeing a full season of his offense with a guy who runs it how he wants.

I am not on the fire rodgers or mlf or gute wagon. Im on the superb owl or bust band wagon

Just now, CWood21 said:

That seems to be the million dollar question.  Has Rodgers' physical skills finally declined or is he prima donna that needs the ideal situation to succeed?

I don’t know. He has flashed the physical skills at times this year. Other times his arm looks average. All I really know is that our success with Rodgers is over so we might as well find out what kind of coach MLF is.

Just now, CWood21 said:

I mean, I'm assuming that because they didn't win the Super Bowl you would call them failures.  30 other teams had failures of seasons by that standard over the last 2 years.

I've never ascribed to that philosophy.  I get the same thing from over wrought Yankee fans who cling to the "No World Series = a failed season" I dont buy into it with them either.

2 minutes ago, packerstk7 said:

I don’t know. He has flashed the physical skills at times this year. Other times his arm looks average. All I really know is that our success with Rodgers is over so we might as well find out what kind of coach MLF is.

And that's the problem.  We're paying him $50M/year for the rest of this year and the following 2 years.  He shouldn't need ideal weapons at WR and an All Pro OL to be successful.

• Like 3