Week 9: VIKINGS (6-1) at Commanders (4-4)

swede700

Game 8

NFL_Vikings_zpsce61d576.gif?width=320&heat NFL_Commanders.gif?width=320&height=320&

When:  1:00 PM EST November 6th

Where: FedEx Field (Summerfield, MD)

TV/Radio: FOX (TV), KFAN 100.3 (Radio); 

Announcers:  Chris Myers, Mark Schlereth, Kristina Pink (TV);  Paul Allen, Pete Bercich, Ben Leber (Radio)

Coverage Map:  https://506sports.com/2022/09-FOX.png

Notable Injuries:

Vikings - Questionable: WR Jalen Nailor (illness), CB Cameron Dantzler (neck), Doubtful: None, Out: DE Dalvin Tomlinson (calf)

Commanders - Questionable: DE Shaka Toney (calf), Doubtful: None, Out: RB JD McKissic (neck), WR Jahan Dotson (hamstring), LB David Mayo (hamstring), LB Cole Holcomb (foot)

Please keep all discussion about the game here.

Edited by swede700

6 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

believe it or not, it's a must win game in my eyes.

gotta keep getting better, can't let the Big Mo slide.

i would think O'C is saying the same thing.

Why wouldn't KOC want to shove it to his former employer? 😉

The plus of going against Heinicke now is that there is tape on him from this season, and while KOC has never coached him, there are still plenty of people in the front office that know Heinicke's strengths and weaknesses.  I think it's also helped Heinicke that he's had as his OC a guy who brought him into the league in Scott Turner.  

While they haven't performed up to their capabilities , I still have some fear of their D-Line, because they have a lot of talent, they just haven't put it together.  At least they don't have the Vikings-killer Ioannidis any longer.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vikesfan89 said:

Didn't they used to say that if Washington won during the presidential election week, the interem president won reelection and if they lost the challenger won? Or something like that?

Is there anything for the Sunday before midterms?

I only know the one about Chicago vs Indianapolis, but that streak ended 2 years ago.

I'm not sure Washington is as good as their 3 game win streak, or their 1-4 start. 4-4 sounds about right for them.

I think they are playing with their backs against the wall. One loss and it could be over for Rivera. A win, and the Commies are in the thick of things.

I expect a very tough game on Sunday. Skol!

Edited by SteelKing728

12 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I'm not sure Washington is as good as their 3 game win streak, or their 1-4 start. 4-4 sounds about right for them.

I think they are playing with their backs against the wall. One loss and it could be over for Rivera. A win, and the Commies are in the thick of things.

I expect a very tough game on Sunday. Skol!

Rivera is the last guy in their organization that should be fired.  He's the only guy giving them any legitimacy.  

• Like 1

This could be characterized as your prototypical ‘trap’ game. Emotional win over the Cardinals and the Buffalo Bills game looming large in week 10. Like @vike daddystated, this is a must win. The Commies are an inferior team. We need to go out on the road and take care of business. 7-1 sounds nice and is doable. I think KOC will have them ready. 

“You like that!!”

Edited by marshpit23
KOC factor
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, marshpit23 said:

This could be characterized as your prototypical ‘trap’ game. Emotional win over the Cardinals and the Buffalo Bills game looming large in week 10. Like @vike daddystated, this is a must win. The Commies are an inferior team. We need to go out on the road and take care of business. 7-1 sounds nice and is doable. I think KOC will have them ready. 

“You like that!!”

If the Vikings can take care of Miami on the road, they should be able to commandeer the Washington squad...Washington has won 3 in a row, but come on, it was vs. the Packers, Bears, and an underachieving Colts squad.  This is the same squad that's given the Lions it's only victory this season.  Let's roll into Rich Stadium (it's still Rich Stadium to me) at 7-1 and get revenge on Josh Allen.  

• Like 1