Week 9: Titans @ Chiefs

TitanLegend

I had no expectations for us winning that game, but man it still hurts to know that we easily could’ve had it. 

As much as I’ve criticized the roster construction, the fact is that if we had the Chiefs level of health, we’re a legit contender with this roster. Tannehill at QB, Lewan at LT, Burks at WR and adding a healthy Landry to the pass rush and Hooker/Molden to the secondary has us on par with any team in the league other than probably the Bills.

But we’ll never come close to fully healthy (obviously Lewan and Landry aren’t coming back this year), so the weaknesses that we all saw before the year are only being exacerbated.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

It is what it is. Don't get too high on Willis, and don't get too low on him.

These are the games I expect from Willis. He is so raw. But he showed some special things. He needs time, and players he can throw to that can make it easier. He can be a guy, he just needs time.

We were supposed to get waxed in that game anyways right? 12.5 dogs.

We lost. But tonight this team proved that we can bang with anyone in this league. Our defense is one of the best in the league. And we scheme very well.

Missing Hooker, Treylon, and others, this game went way better than alot of people in here could have imagined.

We will be fine. 

He needs time definitely & OC wit a brain downing has no business calling a NFL unless it’s 1950’s 

1 minute ago, deeluxx3 said:

I continue to wonder what more ppl expect from Willis right now 

he had a pass where Hollister didn’t even look for the ball

conley and NWI drop gems

shouldve drawn DPI to hooper

hes a third round project with no pass blocking OL, no OC and no WRs

And to top it all off our OC has no feel for playcalling.. He’s legit throwing to a WR coming off an ACL injury and legit practice squad WRs

My biggest complaint is that injuries hit and we just settled for whatever bottom of the roster guys we already had on the team. Lewan gets hurt, well, guess Daley has to be LT the rest of the year. He’s already here, so that’s simplest. Burks and Phillips go downs. Guess Cody Hollister is a starting receiver now. He already has a locker and he lives to block in every situation, be it in the back or when a back shoulder pass is being thrown to him, so might as well get him out there.

Just now, KingTitan said:

Burks and Phillips were making plays when healthy, lets not act like they weren't.

burks hasn't even had a game over 50 yards receiving lol. kyle phillips made plays for exactly one game. and these are the guys you're expecting to come back and save the WR corps? maybe they'll be good in the future, but going into the season relying this heavy on two rookies (one of whom was a FIFTH rounder) was, like i said, an AWFUL plan.

the bottom line is, woods and NWI are the top of our depth chart, even when burks and phillips are out there. that is UNACCEPTABLE. but by all means, be fine with historically bad WR production, make all the excuses in the world while we field the worst passing offense in professional football and struggle to complete a forward pass. 

8 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah. Ignore the elite defense he has put together. Ignore finding a FA punter that is a weapon. 
His WR plan is falling apart due to injuries.

But because he traded your favorite WR he is a failure.

He has made mistakes. But you've yet to really provide any real substance to your argument other than he traded Arthur. 

Is he missed, of course. But was his absence the reason we lost? No. We had plenty of chances to win that didn't involve the WR position. 

People need to get over it. Every single game or play doesn't revolve around that muthafreaking WR. 
Go be an Eagles fan Nobody is stopping you or anyone else for that matter.

It's frustrating that so many fans are being the "dumped boyfriend" that can't get over their ex. 

F him. Its TitanUp. 

Lmfao you do you bro. **** ridin ain't how I cope.

4 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I had no expectations for us winning that game, but man it still hurts to know that we easily could’ve had it. 

As much as I’ve criticized the roster construction, the fact is that if we had the Chiefs level of health, we’re a legit contender with this roster. Tannehill at QB, Lewan at LT, Burks at WR and adding a healthy Landry to the pass rush and Hooker/Molden to the secondary has us on par with any team in the league other than probably the Bills.

But we’ll never come close to fully healthy (obviously Lewan and Landry aren’t coming back this year), so the weaknesses that we all saw before the year are only being exacerbated.

i really don't know why y'all are expecting burks to like, save the WR room or w/e. he's shown very little thus far. doesn't mean he can't or won't be a good player eventually but the expectations are absolutely nuts given what he's shown. a WR corps with rookie burks and absolutely no other even remotely starting caliber players is still a really, really bad room, and i'd be shocked (pleasantly shocked, but shocked lol) if burks waltzed in next week and just started making plays.

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

I feel tired for our Defense. It felt like they were on the field the whole game.

Yea man. I am literally exhausted. Titans football is gonna take 10 years off my life.

But damn. Our defense is ridiculous. McCreary and Fulton. Our coverage is STICKY. We got dudes coming from every angle on the d line. The rotation is deep! Long Jr is like a bat outta hell, he is everywhere.

Weaver killed me tonight just not holding the pocket. That 3rd and 16 run was the killer. I knew after that, we would look back and say that is the player that killed us ultimately. 

Please let Treylon and Philips come back and bring some healing to the offense. 

Just now, -Hope- said:

i really don't know why y'all are expecting burks to like, save the WR room or w/e. he's shown very little thus far. doesn't mean he can't or won't be a good player eventually but the expectations are absolutely nuts given what he's shown. a WR corps with rookie burks and absolutely no other even remotely starting caliber players is still a really, really bad room, and i'd be shocked (pleasantly shocked, but shocked lol) if burks waltzed in next week and just started making plays.

I’m not, he’s just a competent body that gets Hollister off the field. The receivers and passing game was never set up to be good this year. But replacing Daley with Lewan and Hollister and Conley with Burks and Phillips probably gives you enough to get carried by a healthy defense/pass rush.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

burks hasn't even had a game over 50 yards receiving lol. kyle phillips made plays for exactly one game. and these are the guys you're expecting to come back and save the WR corps? maybe they'll be good in the future, but going into the season relying this heavy on two rookies (one of whom was a FIFTH rounder) was, like i said, an AWFUL plan.

the bottom line is, woods and NWI are the top of our depth chart, even when burks and phillips are out there. that is UNACCEPTABLE. but by all means, be fine with historically bad WR production, make all the excuses in the world while we field the worst passing offense in professional football and struggle to complete a forward pass. 

Not making excuses. 
I talked about the apparent plan at WR. His plan was not to have Woods, NWI be the only "legit" target. It was to have Burks and Phillips to play a role. And they are out. End of story.

It wasn't built to be a high octane scoring passing game. If that was your expectation, it was wrong. 

Not expecting them to "save" anything. But to help make a more complete offense by adding some youth and athletic ability. 

But for people who walked away from this game saying a WR solves or wins this game are mistaken.