Week 9: Titans @ Chiefs

TitanLegend

8 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I’m with you all the way to this. I think this is the second game this year we win with AJ. Because either KC has to adjust their game plan on defense and not play press with nobody over the top (in which case the run game likely doesn’t fall off a cliff) or the shot plays we took to NWI, Conley and Hollister go to AJ. And you have a really tough time convincing me he doesn’t make at least one, but probably two or three of those plays.

Even with Malik at QB? 

But yeah those WRs have to make that play. No question.

Just now, KingTitan said:

Let me log off because you are insufferable.

I'd feel better if you actually had a point to make. I'm tired of holding my tongue with you. 

God forbid someone make a comment about AJB in a thread after a game where our WR group had zero catches and we saw NWI drop a pass that AJB typically makes down the sideline. 

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Yeah, he feels Henry one on one with a rusher on his left, slides to his right, and finally Swaim disengages just in time for Willis to be running around. It’s a bad call to our worst athlete who held his block way too long. Willis needs to throw the ball away, that’s obvious. But Swaim didn’t release nearly fast enough and it’s a stupid play call even if he does.

as genuinely impressive and shrewd our personnel usage is on defense, it's absolutely staggering how bad it is on offense. we keep the absolute worst players in the league around and then spend the entire game trying to make our passing offense flow through them. it's honestly unwatchable for long stretches. 

Even with this bad WR core, bad OL and a limited QB we were there to win the game. 

I see why they believe in their process. You'd like to think a play can be made on one of those passes. You'd like to think you'd stop Mahomes from scrambling on 3 plays to win the game basically.

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Even with Malik at QB? 

But yeah those WRs have to make that play. No question.

Yeah, because all it took was one more field goal. And the NWI and the Conley play probably end in a Bullock attempt if they’re caught. And the Hollister one I believe would’ve at least had us the 40.

2 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

brett is astute about a lot of football things and he's 100% right on with both of these. truth hurts.

I'm still waiting on someone to explain how/why we're expected to keep a guy who no longer wants to be here.

"Why didn't the Titans make AJ Brown want to be here instead of with Jalen Hurts!?!? How can they not control his mind!?"

• Like 2

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

Yeah, because all it took was one more field goal. And the NWI and the Conley play probably end in a Bullock attempt if they’re caught. And the Hollister one I believe would’ve at least had us the 40.

My problem with totally blaming the WR is because similar to the Houston game, I think there were chances for passes to be completed but Malik missed them.

There was a roll out to Hollister where he cut up to run for like 3 yards, Cody open in the flat for first down. 
There was one missile  he fired to Woods, but it was very off target on the side. 

My point on this offense being able to win even with a low level Wr core is that the QB has to be able to throw the ball and the WR has to make the play that is there. 
Even with Tanny, if we only got 160 yards passing, Tanny was able to hit the WR when he wasn't dodging players that Daley let run free. 

In a very un-exciting offensive approach, it can work in the regular season at least, if you can run the ball and make key passes when called upon.