NCAA Basketball Thread (2023-24)

beekay414

1 minute ago, packerstk7 said:

Being in Wisconsin you would know as much as a fan. It just seems like the level has gone down so much from Bo to Gard. Missing the tournament 2/4 years, no talent coming in.

We'll see what the Gus Bus brings to the table in 2023-24 for Bucky. They lose Tyler Wahl, so that's pretty big for them but you'd imagine that they'll be active in the portal trying to get more scoring. It's just kinda insane how much talent they let leave the state due to how unappealing their system is. They haven't gotten a top 5 Wisconsin kid since Johnny Davis in 2020.

Under Gard, they've failed to land, from the state of Wisconsin alone, Tyler Herro, the Hauser brothers, Tyrese Haliburton, Jalen Johnson, Patrick Baldwin Jr, Tyrese Hunter, Brandon Podziemski, David Joplin, Kobe Johnson, Seth Trimble, Leon Bond, Danilo Jovanovich and Milan Momcilovic and it doesn't look like they're going to land Kon Kneuppel or Nick Janowski from 2024 either. 

Big day for Duke. Mackenzie Mgbako decommits but Kyle Filipowski announced he’s coming back for his Sophomore season.

Losing Mgbako sucks but I honestly was underwhelmed after watching him in this year and last years Hoop Summit, EYBL and the McDonald’s game. Talented player but I was always left wanting more from him.

Can’t stress how big it is to have Proctor, Mitchell and Filipowski return though. Duke hasn’t had talent like this return since probably 2017. 

• 2 months later...
On 4/11/2023 at 9:35 AM, TitanSlim said:

Can’t stress how big it is to have Proctor, Mitchell and Filipowski return though. Duke hasn’t had talent like this return since probably 2017. 

Roach is back too, I wonder how the rotation is going to look. 

My guess: 

G - Jeremy Roach

G - Jared McCain | Jaden Schutt

G - Tyrese Proctor | Caleb Foster

F - Mark Mitchell | TJ Power | Sean Stewart 

F - Kyle Filipowski | Ryan Young

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/6/2023 at 12:53 AM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Looking like Harper to Rutgers is really going to happen, all the analysts have flipped their predictions there over past few days.

Who would have ever imagined RU landing the consensus 1 & 2. Wild.

Wild times indeed, but good for college basketball imo. 

On the flip side, Duke looks like they’ll miss on Harper but it sounds like they’re in good position with #4 recruit Flory Bidunga and the big fish Cooper Flagg reclassing to the 2024 class. 

On 8/7/2023 at 8:34 PM, TitanSlim said:

Wild times indeed, but good for college basketball imo. 

On the flip side, Duke looks like they’ll miss on Harper but it sounds like they’re in good position with #4 recruit Flory Bidunga and the big fish Cooper Flagg reclassing to the 2024 class. 

The first time I saw Flagg play I said he looks like a kid that Duke would recruit, so this makes sense.