Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

3 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Tell me this guy doesn't remind you of Jordy Nelson.

I remember when he came out of high school.  He was a big deal in Utah.   Started at WA, ended up transferring to BYU.  Pretty smooth WR.  He's gotten bigger since the last time I saw him play.  He used to be lankier.  Really good kid.

Edited by NFLGURU

15 hours ago, PackFan13 said:

I completely agree it's hard to draft but we haven't had a good one in far too long. Let Gute pick his top guy to give Love a safety blanket. Kincaid I believe is better than any current TE we could possibly sign with our cap. Kid doesn't drop the ball and has some wiggle. He and Watson would be such a great red zone duo.

If you really want a good NFL tight end, go into free agency and get one.

It's much less risky than drafting one.  It takes years for many of these drafted guys to be competent and then you are stuck with the proposition of giving them money on a second contract.

So instead of letting Gute draft his top TE....go sign one of his favorites in free agency.  That's my take.

Draft a TE in the 4'th or later to be developed. 

No disrespect meant to Kincaid.  But the list of first round TE's is pretty awful for their drafting teams.  Hock was probably the best for quite some time, and even he didn't get a second deal with his drafting team, despite them being a young team that could use a good building block.

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

There's really a WR with the name of, of...."Puka"????

God I hope we draft him.  Just for the comic relief.

Not disagreeing, but it might be funnier if he went to New England just to hear it with the Boston accent.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

Not disagreeing, but it might be funnier if he went to New England just to hear it with the Boston accent.

Could be a real conversation....

Husband: "Aw honey, you are AMAZING!!!  It's a boy!  I'm so proud right now that I don't feel well.  I'm shaking all over."

Wife:  "You are shaking?  I just gave birth to our son!  Get it together.  What are we going to name him?"

Husband:  "I, I, I don't know.  God, I'm gonna PUKE!  Ahhhh."

Wife:  "Puka?  Weird, but okay." 

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

If you really want a good NFL tight end, go into free agency and get one.

It's much less risky than drafting one.  It takes years for many of these drafted guys to be competent and then you are stuck with the proposition of giving them money on a second contract.

So instead of letting Gute draft his top TE....go sign one of his favorites in free agency.  That's my take.

Draft a TE in the 4'th or later to be developed. 

No disrespect meant to Kincaid.  But the list of first round TE's is pretty awful for their drafting teams.  Hock was probably the best for quite some time, and even he didn't get a second deal with his drafting team, despite them being a young team that could use a good building block.

This is being touted as a really good year for TEs. Obviously most players drafted regardless of position don't end up being worth the draft pick. Very limited fa options and by most accounts a great TE draft makes it worth the risk if you feel there is a 10 year starter. I'd take hurst in free agency and would LOVE a trade up in the second to snag someone like Dalton/Mayer. 

4 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

This is being touted as a really good year for TEs. Obviously most players drafted regardless of position don't end up being worth the draft pick. Very limited fa options and by most accounts a great TE draft makes it worth the risk if you feel there is a 10 year starter. I'd take hurst in free agency and would LOVE a trade up in the second to snag someone like Dalton/Mayer. 

Great year to take a starter in FA and take a developmental prospect in the draft. It's a loaded FA class for those who look at TE responsibilities beyond pass catching.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

The ?? Mount.

This guy is an absolute stud.  But I can't recall many worse end of season to draft periods from a top prospect.  Maybe that real fat OL that took his shirt off for the 40, or Laremy Tunsil, maybe La'el Collins.  

Just now, ThatJerkDave said:

This guy is an absolute stud.  But I can't recall many worse end of season to draft periods from a top prospect.  Maybe that real fat OL that took his shirt off for the 40, or Laremy Tunsil, maybe La'el Collins.  

Not sure who the player was....but the bong hit gas mask guy comes to mind. Was that Collins (?) or was he the guy that got caught up in the criminal investigation?

5 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Maybe? Collins went from a 1st round prospect to undrafted over what turned into a false report. 

You could also add Warren Sapp. 

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Not sure who the player was....but the bong hit gas mask guy comes to mind. Was that Collins (?) or was he the guy that got caught up in the criminal investigation?

That was Tunsil.

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

Maybe? Collins went from a 1st round prospect to undrafted over what turned into a false report. 

You could also add Warren Sapp. 

Collins also leveraged that into being a FA instead of getting drafted.  He basically said that he was not signing with anyone until after the draft after like pick 20.  And he got a huge extension after 2 seasons.  It was a huge fall, but part of that was his open refusal to be drafted.  I also don't know how the Cowboys didn't get penalized from this, because it was known that he was going to sign with them before the draft was even done.  I believe there were even talks of him just sitting the season out and entering the draft again.    

14 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Lol terrence cody. The leader of the body positive movement way before lizzo.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

This is not good information as far as his draft statue is concerned.

He may slide even further. Hopefully all the way to pick 13 and we can steal him. 

He could absolutely bomb the Combine, and he would have been a top 10 pick.  The tape speaks for itself.  Now, the background check is going to be the real test for him.