Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

27 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

This seems like a REALLY shallow draft for WRs that fit our metrics. Which makes me think QJ is even more valued than normal.

It depends where you want to take them.  There are quite a few, but don't be mistaken.  I think there are far more Juwann Winfrees than there are MVSs or EQs or even huge guys like Lazard.  Best bets, that I have seen so far, are Iosivas and Ford-Wheaton.  Doing the draft sims, they are usually around 4th rounders. Of course, take that with the entire salt shaker.  

I haven't taken much of a look at AT Perry or Elijah Higgins, but they are bigger WRs too.  I don't think they are fast or quick though.

And I am kind of interested in drafting Justin Shorter, just to have a 6'4 WR called shorter.

43 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

This seems like a REALLY shallow draft for WRs that fit our metrics. Which makes me think QJ is even more valued than normal.

Well not by their athletic metric model… Jacob Morley does a draft guide for packers and last year there was 5 guys that meet packers athletic metrics (4 are currently on the packers).

this year, that number is 17. Some still need to run their 3 cone… but based on his model, I think 8 or 9 are for sure right now and can balloon up to 17.

edit: here is the podcast discussing.

Edited by Green19
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

You telling me youre not still a little upset about the Pickens ordeal? You literally just brought it up somewhere.

I get about as upset about not getting "my guys" as i do about losing a coin flip. Its just a neat thing.

Just trying a little friendly banter with ya, guy, dont know what else you were looking for with your "quick update" because nobody really cares if a stranger on the internet likes to watch prospects. 

:) No. I was actually making a joke on myself....for my going on in the last draft.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Well not by their athletic metric model… Jacob Morley does a draft guide for packers and last year there was 5 guys that meet packers athletic metrics (4 are currently on the packers).

this year, that number is 17. Some still need to run their 3 cone… but based on his model, I think 8 or 9 are for sure right now and can balloon up to 17.

This is correct, there is a large number with most all of them as day 3 types though. I was up until 2AM last night digging through all of them and end up with 16 total. Would be interested in comparing lists. 

57 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

You need to get to the 3rd round and day 3 guys. Jonathan Mingo, AT Perry, Bryce Ford-Wheaton, Matt Landers, Andre Iosivas, Matt Landers, Cedric Tillman, Xavier Hutchinson, Trey Palmer, Michael Wilson.

When it comes to top 2 round guys, it's very light though. I will agree with you there. QJ and Rashee Rice. JSN is probably close enough to consider in the threshold too. 

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

You need to get to the 3rd round and day 3 guys. Jonathan Mingo, AT Perry, Bryce Ford-Wheaton, Matt Landers, Andre Iosivas, Matt Landers, Cedric Tillman, Xavier Hutchinson, Trey Palmer, Michael Wilson.

When it comes to top 2 round guys, it's very light though. I will agree with you there. QJ and Rashee Rice. JSN is probably close enough to consider in the threshold too. 

Yep, I can definitely see that. Haven't gotten that deep into class yet. But the top of the draft is full of small WRs

A WR that should probably be on our radar is Parker Washington. MLF had a vision for Amari Rodgers in his offense, a vision that never came to light. With AR now gone they may take another swing at the 'slot back' idea for the offense and Washington might be the perfect fit. 

8 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Yep, I can definitely see that. Haven't gotten that deep into class yet. But the top of the draft is full of small WRs

Yeah the early talk is GB views Hyatt the same way they did Olave… but based on the metrics he is too light for them. But this staff has broken away for some, Jaire is one (he was too short).

So that’s why I think a WR is unlikely… they would rather take day 2/3 picks for that. I think they view Watson as a No.1… so it’s about filling in and around him.

44 minutes ago, R T said:

A WR that should probably be on our radar is Parker Washington. MLF had a vision for Amari Rodgers in his offense, a vision that never came to light. With AR now gone they may take another swing at the 'slot back' idea for the offense and Washington might be the perfect fit. 

He fits perfectly as our next 3rd round bust.

So QJ ain’t going to be a packer unless he drops a lot… his 3 cone is awful. And 3 cone is important to GB.

So if GB goes early with a WR they are likely betting on a small guy.

Edited by Green19

5 minutes ago, Green19 said:

So QJ ain’t going to be a packer unless he drops a lot… his 3 cone is awful. And 3 cone is important to GB.

So if GB goes early with a WR they are likely betting on a small guy.

ExZxTGaXMAEugDK.png

FDmokKbWYAgKxb_.png

ExZsxKHWQAEB70e.png

EKGphdDXYAADrff.png

Doesn't seem like the composite agility score really matters.

It's funny his agility, change of direction and body control would measure poorly based on the 3-cone drill, but people have been posting videos raving about his agility, change of direction and body control for a big WR.    

• Like 1