Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

25 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Yes absolutely.  Even Alexander he wasn't talked about much before he was picked either.  Packers have a special knack for that.  So try to find the 1st round prospects no one is talking about and maybe you'll have a chance.  Say a guy like Bryan Bresee.  They'll probably do it again.  I have given up trying to guess who the Packers are going to select.  

Gute he's a complicated fella...ha ha ha.

The picks werent so much as left field as we all had Gute following the TT tenets, which hes much looser with. Its not like most of them come from bethune cookman or something. I think Love Savage Rashan were very popular or dang near nailed down as the selection by the time the card came in. Wyatt and stokes both had articles written that the Packers were one of the best potential landing spots.

Think you guys are overthinking this one.

DJ Turner gotta be on the radar. He's a twig but he's such a good DB. Im taking him with that 3rd and breaking the streak 100% if he's there. 

Call it the tiny people draft and bring in Zay and DJ. find some meat in the 2nd.

The twigness definitely can be a bit of a problem for him, not great at open field tackling but he's willing to throw his body around. No lack of desire to hit. Can get happy feet and opens hips too soon, not totally trusting his speed. Can be late to get the head around in man.. but lordy, the mirror, the click and close sheesh.

DJ Reed with obscene athleticism.

Edited by HighCalebR
  • Like 1

What the Packers WR board might look like. 

1st tier: Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Quentin Johnston

Both look like middle to late first round picks with JSN as a real possibility at 15. 

2nd tier: Cedric Tillman, Michael Wilson, Rashee Rice, Jonathan Mingo, AT Perry

This group is in that 3rd to 4th round range with most probably 4th rounders. Tillman may not be on their board because of the brutally bad 3-cone, but boy does he fit everything else. Wilson also may not be on their board because of his medical history, but if he is ok'd, I firmly believe the Packers staff will love him. Rice has some off the field issues that might red flag him. 

3rd tier: Parker Washington, Xavier Hutchinson, Bryce Ford-Wheaton, Dontayvion Wicks, Andrei Iosivas, Matt Landers, Elijah Higgins

This group are day 3 types who fit the mold of Gutes draft history for MLF's offense. Yes, I know Washington is 5'10", think Amari Rodgers. The Packers had a plan for Amari in their offense only Aaron had a different plan, and that plan was Cobb. Washington could be a 2.0 in MLF's plan for his offense. 

Priority UDFA types: Jacob Copeland, Colton Dowell, Michael Jefferson, Antonio Green, Grant Dubose, Ryan Miller, Justin Marshall

UDFA's are probably going to be a common thing this draft season, the Packers on average go to training camp with 11 WR on the 90-man and they have 5 WR's on the roster at the moment. They will very likely sign a good locker room veteran, but they are not drafting 5 WR's so the UDFA market will be a thing for them after the draft concludes this year. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, R T said:

What the Packers WR board might look like. 

1st tier: Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Quentin Johnston

Both look like middle to late first round picks with JSN as a real possibility at 15. 

2nd tier: Cedric Tillman, Michael Wilson, Rashee Rice, Jonathan Mingo, AT Perry

This group is in that 3rd to 4th round range with most probably 4th rounders. Tillman may not be on their board because of the brutally bad 3-cone, but boy does he fit everything else. Wilson also may not be on their board because of his medical history, but if he is ok'd, I firmly believe the Packers staff will love him. Rice has some off the field issues that might red flag him. 

3rd tier: Parker Washington, Xavier Hutchinson, Bryce Ford-Wheaton, Dontayvion Wicks, Andrei Iosivas, Matt Landers, Elijah Higgins

This group are day 3 types who fit the mold of Gutes draft history for MLF's offense. Yes, I know Washington is 5'10", think Amari Rodgers. The Packers had a plan for Amari in their offense only Aaron had a different plan, and that plan was Cobb. Washington could be a 2.0 in MLF's plan for his offense. 

Priority UDFA types: Jacob Copeland, Colton Dowell, Michael Jefferson, Antonio Green, Grant Dubose, Ryan Miller, Justin Marshall

UDFA's are probably going to be a common thing this draft season, the Packers on average go to training camp with 11 WR on the 90-man and they have 5 WR's on the roster at the moment. They will very likely sign a good locker room veteran, but they are not drafting 5 WR's so the UDFA market will be a thing for them after the draft concludes this year. 

Hyatt is absolutely of interest. We formally met with him as well. He's in tier 1.

23 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Hyatt is absolutely of interest. We formally met with him as well. He's in tier 1.

We will see, but I don't believe they have interest in him for their offense. I went through the list of formal interviews that I have I didn't see him on there, but I knowledge that it could have happened. I just don't have it. The thing about formal interviews is there is a limit of 45 in number you can do, and teams will use them to gather information on teammates they may have an interest in. The interview easily could have been to get as much information on his two teammate that they are bringing in for 30-visits, Hendon Hooker and Darnell Wright. 

Edited by R T

2 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

Amari Rodgers being terrible was on Rodgers? Jesus some of you are obsessed. 

You're consistently triggered about all thing AR that is a given. 

You might want to reread what I typed; I said the PLAN for Amari was never put into action because of the need to trade for Cobb. How do you conclude 'Amari Rodgers being terrible was on Rodgers' from that?

Got through about 5 games of Wright. I'm comfortable with him at 15. About 80% of Tennessee's plays are worthless from a scouting standpoint on the OL, but in the 20% there's some rare explosion stuff and he just doesn't get moved. Still don't like him more than Jones and Johnson, but he's my OL 3 and I'm good with him if he's the pick.

Also, Hendon Hooker, damn. If he was 21/22, I'd put him at QB3 in this draft. I think he's better than Stroud personally. Have to knock his grade substantially being a 26 year old rookie though.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Got through about 5 games of Wright. I'm comfortable with him at 15. About 80% of Tennessee's plays are worthless from a scouting standpoint on the OL, but in the 20% there's some rare explosion stuff and he just doesn't get moved. Still don't like him more than Jones and Johnson, but he's my OL 3 and I'm good with him if he's the pick.

Also, Hendon Hooker, damn. If he was 21/22, I'd put him at QB3 in this draft. I think he's better than Stroud personally. Have to knock his grade substantially being a 26 year old rookie though.

I'm not sure who I like more between Johnson and Jones, but also have Wright at #3.

I'm hoping at least one of those 3 last to 15. And also hope there's at least 1 EDGE we like there.

I have to think that if we pick at 15, it's 90% going to be OT or EDGE:

Johnson, Jones, Wright, Skoronski, Murphy, Wilson, Smith, LVN, Hall

Those are 9 guys at premium position who could pretty easily be valued near our pick. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I just can't wrap my head around the Packers being interested in a 330 lb tackle...but I guess if he moves well enough...

5 hours ago, ChaRisMa said:

Not living up to a first round pick if he is one would be on the bust scale. I’m sure you’d agree where he ends up matters a lot so let’s come back to it. 

Yeah but what does "not living up to a 1st round pick" mean? That blanket statement allows you entirely way too much wiggle room in whether you're right or not. 

• Like 1