Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

9 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

LaPorta moves really well and seems to have sticky hands. How the hell did he only have one TD as a senior? Does Iowa have a historically bad QB/offense or something?

Yes lol. Caitlin Clark, the PG on the women's basketball team, scored more points in the NCAA tournament than Iowa's offense did in 13 games.

They averaged 17.7 PPG (123rd out of 131) and they had several defensive scores. They had 7 passing TDs as a team.

EDIT - I'm sorry, she was 39 points short of their total (230-191). My apologies lmao.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Let's say the Lions draft Witherspoon, and we draft Kincaid.  Who is winning that match-up?

I'm going to take the 6'5 250lb dude with good mobility and great hands vs the 5'11 buck 80 dude.    Like watching Darnell Savage hanging on Mark Andrew's legs.   (10 catches 136 yards 2 TD's   4.66 40 vs 4.36 40)    Who is covering our WR's if Witherspoon is matched up with Kincaid?   Now I'm really starting to like the potential for mismatches

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Again, I ask:  What is the difference?

Jace Amaro:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy0GMR0Y3m0

Jace Sternberger:  https://youtu.be/YnWZe7LVKY0

Dalton Kincaid:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxWz1GhHhQg

Elite route running, elite hands, YAC ability. Should I keep going?  Years of production, separation from defenders, 50/50 balls, catching in traffic with guys on him. They aren't close. 

Edited by PackFan13

27 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

I'm going to take the 6'5 250lb dude with good mobility and great hands vs the 5'11 buck 80 dude.    Like watching Darnell Savage hanging on Mark Andrew's legs.   (10 catches 136 yards 2 TD's   4.66 40 vs 4.36 40)    Who is covering our WR's if Witherspoon is matched up with Kincaid?   Now I'm really starting to like the potential for mismatches

Exactly. You line Kincaid up in the slot and he does nothing but catch first downs/touchdowns and create mismatches. He doesn't drop the ball and has some serious wiggle after the catch. He'd be Love's favorite target from day one. Simms compared his route running to the top WR's in the draft. I get not taking a TE in the first but he's very worthy of a first round selection.  

How can you not see it's pretty obvious the kid is a legit a stud.

Edited by PackFan13

12 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

Exactly. You line Kincaid up in the slot and he does nothing but catch first downs/touchdowns and create mismatches. He doesn't drop the ball and has some serious wiggle after the catch. He'd be Love's favorite target from day one. Simms compared his route running to the top WR's in the draft. I get not taking a TE in the first but he's very worthy of a first round selection.  

How can you not see it's pretty obvious the kid is a legit a stud.

Are you related to Kincaid?

3 hours ago, beekay414 said:

If 5 went in a weak class in 2021 (McKitty was a 3rd round comp pick), there's no reason to make 6 an arbitrary number in a strong class. LIS, LaPorta could be ranked anywhere from 4 to 7 on a team's list. All it takes is one and he's got helium 2 weeks out. We could see as many as 9 go in the first 3 rounds. Just depends on how teams feel about guys like Will Mallory, Brenton Strange, Zack Kuntz, Josh Whyle, Davis Allen, Luke Schoonmaker and Cameron Latu. 

I think at least 7 TEs to go in the first 3 rounds this year—Kincaid, Mayer, Musgrave, Washington, Kraft, LaPorta, and Schoonmaker.

53 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

the kid

Well here's the thing about that.. 

Kincaid wouldnt be the first "sure thing" to not transition. People are allowed to view prospects differently.

Look, you get a nice toadaso over dave when youre right about the man and daves so. So. So wrong.

Simms has CERTAINLY been wrong about prospects in the past and thats still ok.

19 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Well here's the thing about that.. 

Kincaid wouldnt be the first "sure thing" to not transition. People are allowed to view prospects differently.

Look, you get a nice toadaso over dave when youre right about the man and daves so. So. So wrong.

Simms has CERTAINLY been wrong about prospects in the past and thats still ok.

I am never wrong.  And when I am, I never admit it.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HokieHigh said:

3 in 2022

3 in 2020

7 in 2019

4 in 2018

5 in 2017

3 in 2016

4 in 2015

7 in 2014

6 in 2013

6 is on the high end, 7 is very unusual

A minimum of 6 has happened in a third of the last nine drafts though. On average every three years. 

Edited by Sandy
  • Like 1