Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

9 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Honestly, if my guys like JSN and LVN are gone, I'd love a decent sized trade back into the 20s, maybe pick up another 2 or early 3 at worst, then draft Foskey.

I favour a trade back this year more than any. Very few, if any propects I have a crush for, there seems to be equal value or equal traits alternatives in almost every position of need

1 hour ago, Brit Pack said:

Playing on a mock sim, in the back end of the 3rd round, choice is Zack Kuntz TE or Jonny Mingo WR, which way do you go?

FYI n the earlier rounds I have already taken a WR and a TE 

I know there are a lot of Mingo fans here.  But I really like Kuntz.  (ok, laugh)

But I feel that there are plenty of "Packer type WRs" to be had in the draft, in later rounds.  Kuntz is also a huge specimen, and TE is more of a pressing need.  I also feel like WR is more of a want, Watson and Doubs are the real deal, and if you already took a WR, I am assuming you think he is also worthy.  

Darnell Washington is my draft crush.  I wouldn't even mind if they just straight up pick him at 15.  Ideally get him with a trade back but there is a risk he might be gone.  He's the one guy I really want to come out of the draft with.  Perfect fit within MLF's offense.  Nice security blanket for Love as well.  Have to imagine he'd be one hell of a red zone target as well.  See a lot of mocks with him falling to us in the 2nd.  That would be great but not seeing it.  He'll probably be the first TE off the board.   I know I know positional value isn't there.  Also steep learning curve for TE's and bust rate is high.  Don't care I want him. 

23 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Darnell Washington is my draft crush.  I wouldn't even mind if they just straight up pick him at 15.  Ideally get him with a trade back but there is a risk he might be gone.  He's the one guy I really want to come out of the draft with.  Perfect fit within MLF's offense.  Nice security blanket for Love as well.  Have to imagine he'd be one hell of a red zone target as well.  See a lot of mocks with him falling to us in the 2nd.  That would be great but not seeing it.  He'll probably be the first TE off the board.   I know I know positional value isn't there.  Also steep learning curve for TE's and bust rate is high.  Don't care I want him. 

I like Washington as a fit for this offense but want no part of him in the first. There's a very good chance the receiving side never comes together for him.

31 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I know there are a lot of Mingo fans here.  But I really like Kuntz.  (ok, laugh)..

Kuntz all the way.  Missouri Valley guy, I kind of have the imagination of a physical guy who plays all-out to his size, with competitive fires that burn hot.  

Mingo I'm not super high on him, and kinda feel like his physical measurements exceed his production?  I wonder if the passion to excel doesn't burn super hot?  Or big and fast, but not super football quick, no matter what his 3-cone maybe says? Or if his instincts and in-the-nanosecond diagnostics don't quite equal his measurables? 

Seems like a good-value pick in the 3rd round, but I think I've seen some question of even going Mingo in the 2nd; I'd definitely not want him that high..  

15 minutes ago, Sandy said:

I like Washington as a fit for this offense but want no part of him in the first. There's a very good chance the receiving side never comes together for him.

Yea, the Washington hype has gotten a little big for me. In terms of freaky TEs his size, I don't really see the difference between him and Jelani Woods (in fact Woods had better explosion numbers). You could argue Woods was even better in college as a receiver and he lasted until the 3rd round in a year where the TE class was a lot worse. 

Washington could be a good all-around player but as a receiver he's just so basic right now, and also had a too many drops for me to love him. 

• Like 4