Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

Week 13 Tank Watch

Buffalo @ New England

Pittsburgh @ Atlanta
Green Bay @ Chicago
Jacksonville @ Detroit
NY Jets @ Minnesota
Washington @ NY Giants
Tennessee @ Philadelphia
Denver @ Baltimore
Cleveland @ Houston

Seattle @ LA Rams
Miami @ San Francisco
Kansas City @ Cincinnati
LA Chargers @ Las Vegas

Indianapolis @ Dallas

New Orleans @ Tampa Bay

GREAT week for the tank brigade to come into town.  The Packers can't officially be eliminated from the playoffs this week, but Chicago can win a loss to Green Bay plus either a win by Seattle or a tie between NYG/WAS.

For the early morning games, the GB/CHI game is obviously very relevant and they have the same SOS right now, which means a loss could see them flip spots effectively.  Atlanta is still competing for the NFC South title, so they've got extra motivation to play but Pittsburgh has won 2 of their last 3.  Both Jacksonville and Detroit are 4-7, so the difference doesn't really alert the order.  Denver would like to right the ship against Baltimore, but after being beaten by Jacksonville that seems unlikely.  Deshaun Watson's return to Houston is this week, so there's extra motivation for Houston but the Texans are a bad franchise.

In the evening games, the hobbled Rams take on the Seahawks in which seems unlikely to be an upset for the Rams.  Besides that, you've got Las Vegas playing the Chargers.  Las Vegas has won 2 in a row to get some momentum.  New Orleans/Tampa Bay game is a good rivalry game, but New Orleans' offense is looking borderline inept.

Week 13 Tank Picks
Pittsburgh over Atlanta
Chicago over Green Bay
Detroit over Jacksonville
Washington over NY Giants
Denver over Baltimore
Cleveland over Houston
LA Rams over Seattle
Las Vegas over LA Chargers
New Orleans over Tampa Bay

The Packers could conceivably drop to 2 or 3 depending on the SOS between them and Chiago.

10 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I don't see how we lose any more games, we have Aaron Rodgers

/s

With Rodgers starting they will play to crush the Bears, and they probably will since I think Fields is being shut down

Who is the Bear's backup QB? We haven't done well against backup QBs.

18 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Thanks!

Hum. Just the kind of guys Barry could make look like all pros. The Bears are probably going to run the ball 50 times anyhow after watching the Philly film.

Bears don't have that kind of OL and without fields they don't have a Hurts level threat at QB to run

I don't see how we lose this game unless it's total mutiny by the defense

35 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Bears don't have that kind of OL and without fields they don't have a Hurts level threat at QB to run

I don't see how we lose this game unless it's total mutiny by the defense

They gave up 180 rushing yards to the broken version of the Bears offense at home. It's going to be cooler and breezy on Sunday. Sounds like the exact kind of game the Packers will **** up somehow.

3 hours ago, Striker said:

They gave up 180 rushing yards to the broken version of the Bears offense at home. It's going to be cooler and breezy on Sunday. Sounds like the exact kind of game the Packers will **** up somehow.

I predict a wr loses a key fumble to make us lose

On 11/28/2022 at 9:21 AM, Outpost31 said:

You're still wrong about Lazard.

Look at the market for receivers. You're not getting a better one any way outside of the draft.

Lazard is a great player to have on your team if you're trying to build a Super Bowl winner.

If you don't re-sign Lazard, you're looking at drafting his replacement or getting someone worse than him.

I'm not giving Lazard more than what he's worth. For me, that's a few million tops. He's already back to No. 3, at best, in this group with Watson and Doubs healthy. Took the rookies all of a few months to pass him up. I'd rather pay a WR with the caliber of Adams $20m before I pay Lazard $8-10m. 

Edited by packfanfb

11 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I'm not giving Lazard more than what he's worth. For me, that's a few million tops. He's already back to No. 3, at best, in this group with Watson and Doubs healthy. Took the rookies all of a few months to pass him up. I'd rather pay a WR with the caliber of Adams $20m before I pay Lazard $8-10m. 

You have no idea the things he does in the running game. There aren't too many 6'5 235 lb WR's who are willing do to the things Lazard does. I'd give him MVS money for sure. Especially if we purge some salary and people this off season starting with Rodgers. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

You have no idea the things he does in the running game. There aren't too many 6'5 235 lb WR's who are willing do to the things Lazard does. I'd give him MVS money for sure. Especially if we purge some salary and people this off season starting with Rodgers. 

If Lazard was on any other team, packfanfb would be saying how badly the Packers need to throw 10-12 million at him.

Dude really wanted Kenny Golloday if I’m not mistaken.